Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:35   #31
BHPian

Congratulations, I am going to be the proud owner of a second 1.6 by the week end, this one in black. The palio is awesome, and have had a few nice drives with other cars that are not aware of the power that it has. Left most of them wondering what happened and scratching thier heads.
Old 22nd October 2008, 23:25   #32
BHPian

@Krish: Best of luck, mate.

@Tarun: You surely are talking of the Petrol model, aren't you? The Diesel ones didn't have any discount when I bought it (only 10 days ago). Remember that there is an 'free insurance' scheme running on the Diesel version.

@Vinay: There's a red Palio on your avatar. Are you buying another one?
Old 23rd October 2008, 10:06   #33
BHPian

@Great_guns -: Thanks buddy. Will need all luck to get my Palio. Expecting a ride report from you maybe after first service.

@Vinay-: Buying a second Palio 1.6 ?? Are u keeping the previous one or selling it and buying the new one? That's interesting. You'll be the first person I know who will have two vehicles of the same model. (apart from taxi operators).

Bangy guys-: Which is the best TATA_FIAT service centre near BTM?? How have your experiences been?
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:14   #34
BHPian

I second that...my wife and friends said the exact words "There aint any Palio Stile 1.6 Sports on the road in Vashi or even in Navi Mumbai, are you sure about your buy?"

The Dealer too confirmed there is no 1.6 buyer yet in Vashi, Navi Mumbai!

Guess i'm still enjoying the uniqueness of riding the 1.6 Sports Formula Red in my city

Now after couple of months, they are convinced about the stability and the ride quality!

Someone here said "FIAT cars grow on you each day you drive" LOL!!

Cheers~

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_guns View Post
LOL, my dad kept saying that every time we drove the car for the first couple of days. He'd say "Look, there are so many Altos and Swifts on the road, I can't see even a single Palio." I took time to explain to him all the advantages of buying the Palio over the other two. I also reminded him of his 'opinion' asking me to buy a Hero Honda instead of a Bajaj Wind. My 5-year old Wind still looks like its a couple of months old and starts first-kick every time. I even left it off for a year when I was in the UK and I kickstarted it when I came home on holiday and it started on the second kick. After going back to the UK and then coming back for good after 8 more months, it again started in the first three-four kicks and then first kick every time thereafter.

All my dad could say was
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:19   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
I've been a Palio lover all the while, ever since I rode a Palio 1.6 (belonged to my friend). So I don't need any convincing. Its my parents who need it and I'm in the process of doing it, the next time I go home.

Face-to-face convincing works, and I'll be doing the same when I go home next month. Will take my parents for a TD as well, to show them how good the car is.
If you are planning to buy Palio, book it before 25th October to avail the super discounts.

In mumbai discounts are:-
Palio 1.6 sports: 3.99Lacs w/o octroi
Palio 1.3 MJD : 4.20Lac w/o octroi

Do let us know on what you have decided!

Cheers~
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:34   #36
BHPian

Rudrah-: As mentioned earlier, I have decided on the Palio. But when its a family car, the family also has to approve it. And thats what I'm waiting for. So I'll miss the Oct 25th discount slab, will have to wait and see if they have something similar afterwards as well.

Booking in Nov is almost impossible as I'm out of city for almost whole month. So my purchase is still one month away, and thats more than enough to get everyone's consent.

I've already managed to get their mind off the Swift deisel. and the i series from Hyundai.
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:33   #37
BHPian

@Krish3: Maybe you could take printouts of for/against arguments for the Palio Stile which you can find on a lot of threads here. Taking them along on a TD would be helpful too. The space in the back seat is a definite advantage for the Palio when it comes to a 'family car'. The Swift is very good as a single driver or a two person car but for a family of 4/5, its not very comfortable. This was my first and most important reason for eliminating the Swift. I didn't really care to look at the other aspects a lot after that. The moment I peeped into the back seat, I said "This absolutely ISN'T a five and a half lac car". I thought it had only a little more space than the Alto in there.
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:50   #38
BHPian

That is exactly my main point. The good points about the car are manifold. So its only a matter of days before I get their permission. I'm planning to book a BLACK PALIO (my fav color). My Karizma is also black as has been all my previous bikes.

By the way, I'm still waiting for the service experiences at TATA centres. Members, please pour in your suggestions.
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:07   #39
BHPian

hey great_guns.

The car looks great ,drives great and feels solid. Congrats.
The leather seats job has been done beautifully. It has enhanced the interors.

My only grouse for the palio is the headlight beam spread is not so great. Call it spoiled by the my headlight upgrade or whatever. Even the high beams wasn't so penetrating on that highway stretch.
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:52   #40
BHPian

Thanks mate. I hope to see you again sometime soon and you can look at the seats more closely. For 4.5K, I think it was worth the effort.

The headlights look like an issue. On the highway, I found the low beam to be quite short but I was satisfied with the high beam. I do not know if this is a shortcoming or they have done it on purpose. I say this because I notice that the low beam also falls further on the left side than on the right. This might be done to reduce glare caused to oncoming drivers. I mean, having a very bright and far throwing low beam defeats the very purpose of having the low beam altogether, doesn't it? Just a theory. Anyway, I am going to get it checked on my first service and see what they say.

-Ganesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
hey great_guns.

The car looks great ,drives great and feels solid. Congrats.
The leather seats job has been done beautifully. It has enhanced the interors.

My only grouse for the palio is the headlight beam spread is not so great. Call it spoiled by the my headlight upgrade or whatever. Even the high beams wasn't so penetrating on that highway stretch.
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:54   #41
BHPian

[quote=great_guns;1026786]Thanks mate. I hope to see you again sometime soon and you can look at the seats more closely. For 4.5K, I think it was worth the effort.

Are these customized seat covers stiched for your car? or you bought those covers readymade?
Old 23rd October 2008, 16:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by great_guns View Post
@Krish: Best of luck, mate.

@Tarun: You surely are talking of the Petrol model, aren't you? The Diesel ones didn't have any discount when I bought it (only 10 days ago). Remember that there is an 'free insurance' scheme running on the Diesel version.

@Vinay: There's a red Palio on your avatar. Are you buying another one?
No it's not Petrol model. Iam talkina about Diesel Topend model. Here in chandigarh we are getting a discount of 20k + 4k corporate discount. I wanted to know your exprience with the car. I would be greatful if any other members who own a palio could send in there feedback about the car (topend diesel model).

Thanks in Advance.
Old 23rd October 2008, 17:17   #43
BHPian

@Autocop: These are customised covers stitched for my car. The ready made ones were available from Rs 3500 onwards.

@Tarun: As I said before, I've only started driving recently so won't be able to comment on performance right now. You're lucky to get that much discount on the car. Your overall total might still come out to be around the same as mine though.
Old 23rd October 2008, 17:56   #44
BANNED

Congrats on your New Ride.

Color looks hot and not to forget the greatest of all engines ever produced by Fiats the QJ / MJD.

Yes Palio is surely picking up and guys dont you all see the rear of the Vista and the Palio looks so similar.

Swift will suffer presently becoz of better prepositions in the erstwhile 2 cars from Fiat-TATA and also with the news of Swift getting discontinued for a better A-Star.
Old 23rd October 2008, 20:36   #45
BHPian

@Vinay: There's a red Palio on your avatar. Are you buying another one?[/quote]

@Vinay-: Buying a second Palio 1.6 ?? Are u keeping the previous one or selling it and buying the new one? That's interesting. You'll be the first person I know who will have two vehicles of the same model. (apart from taxi operators).

Yep, second one, the first one is not being sold but will be used by my wife. I would love to be a taxi operator and own a fleet of Palios, they make more money these days, unfortunately will have to contend myself with two.

Last edited by Vinaygv : 23rd October 2008 at 20:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks