Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:22   #76
BHPian

@srikant. Which synthetic oil you are using ? i am hitting 20k mark in a few days.
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:39   #77
BHPian

Well i used the Mobil 1 5w50 API-SM fully synthetic oil twice. But now switched to Mobil Delvac MX since its not the right grade for diesel. I think Mobil Delvac MX with more frequent oil change of say every 5000 Kms will do the job. It costs only around Rs.200 a liter compared to Rs.800 a Liter of Mobil 1 Fully synthetic.
Old 7th November 2009, 00:23   #78
BHPian

hey srikant. then which is the right grade fully synthetic oil for DDiS ?
How was the difference when you switched from minerals to synthetic ?
Old 8th November 2009, 08:41   #79
BHPian

Mobil Delvac would be ideal synthetic oil, it would be difficult to procure as its not seen in market much. Thats why i switched to mineral delvac MX.

Engine sounded more silent n smooth after i switched to synthetic.

You can also try for OWS fully synthetic, they have the right grade i guess.
Old 8th November 2009, 15:29   #80
BHPian

Thanx srikant.
I have emailed farhaan regarding OWS oil.
Old 16th November 2009, 16:17   #81
BHPian

20K service done today. cost 4600 Rs.
Replaced :
Diesel Filter
Air Filter
Brake Oil
Gear Oil
Coolant
Engine Oil and Oil Filter.

was on tight budget hence drop the idea of synthetic Oil. I might go for synthetic in next service.
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:52   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
Replaced :
Diesel Filter
Air Filter
Brake Oil
Gear Oil
Coolant

was on tight budget hence drop the idea of synthetic Oil. I might go for synthetic in next service.
This is the lowest TCO I found for a 20K km service. please post the detailed breakup of the parts and labour cost.
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Replaced :
Diesel Filter
Air Filter
Brake Oil
Gear Oil
Coolant

can you give the detailed pricing of those parts and dealer where you did your service.
Old 28th November 2009, 04:55   #84
BHPian

Here is the detailed breakup.
Diesel Filter - 1046
Air Filter - 225
Brake Oil - 268
Gear Oil - 270
Coolant - 210
Engine Oil and Oil Filter. - 642 + 326 = 968
Paid Service - 700
Add the Tax @ 12.5 %
@vijay. did the service at Manan Autolink Usmanpura.
Old 28th November 2009, 10:43   #85
Senior - BHPian

@VT/DF:
That's pretty much in line! Mine was 4752 for 20k, 1150 for 30k
Old 24th February 2011, 01:45   #86
BHPian

Re: Finally Got My Dream Diesel (Swift Vdi).

Long time since i updated my ownership thread. Car has been running fine. No major issues except rattling. but i am used to it now. Steadily giving me 17-18 KMPL in city and 21-22 on highway with lite foot.
So My vdi has now done 34260 Kms. Giving it for 35K service in next week. I will tell MASS to inspect brake pads. Lately i have to push the pedal little further to get adequate braking.
Old 25th February 2011, 05:07   #87
BHPian

Hi all. My white swift vdi abs has been doing wonderful till now. Clocking 9k now.I have planed for going fully synthetic at 10k service. After little checks, got to see that shell fully synthetic is better than mobile1. Will post the details of it after changing.
Old 6th March 2011, 17:10   #88
BHPian

Serviced my Swift today at 34900Kms. I called Manan Autolink in the morning to confirm that they service the vehicles on Sunday or not. SE replied that yes we do service. Please Bring your Car before 11. I called around 10. So i quickly went to the service center. And Guess what Today they have organized free Service Camp and SE refused to take my vehicle. I argued that that You just confirmed on the phone few mins ago. He called the workshop manager. and workshop manager was showing attitude.
So I quickly sent the mail to maruti india. and to my surprise Workshop manager came to me that Saar Did you send any mail to maruti ? I said Yes. OK. we will service you vehicle. He called the SE. Then SE quickly grabbed the Service Check List form and filled up all the details.
I asked them to change the Oil and Oil filter in front of me only. He said wait for half an hour in customer lounge. and i will call you as soon as possible when mechanic gets free. I waited in customer lounge. meanwhile Workshop manager came to me with Printed Apology Note. He also gave me Satisfaction Form to sign which i refused and told him that i will only sign it after vehicle full serviced. he said OK.

I went to vehicle and instructed mechanic to not to overfill the Oil. He said he has 3.5 Mobil Delvac MX can. I asked him to remove extra 400ml from it. he quickly pour into 500 ml empty pepsi bottle. And then installed the new oil filter and Pour the Oil.
I asked him to check the brake pads. he said . Abhi chal jaayeg 3-4K Kms. But do change it in next service. I asked the brake pads cost. and it is 1800. I told him to put some grease on brake calipers which he did.

All went smooth. i waited in customer lounge for 2 hours. and finally SE called me that your car is ready now. we went for the Test drive. Car was cleaned properly.Car felt lot smoother now.
Paid 1280(Oil+Oil Filter) + 800(Servicing).

Later Workshop manager brought that Form to sign which i did. and told me that Sir i wasn't showing you any attitude as it was the free-check camp i was little bit busy.
I told him that your people shouldn't have confirm me on the phone for servicing on sunday.
All in all I am impressed with maruti service. 1 mail to maruti and these buggers were came on their knee. lol.
Old 6th March 2011, 17:28   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All in all I am impressed with maruti service. 1 mail to maruti and these buggers were came on their knee. lol.
similar incident happened to me,one mail and the dealer calls me within 24 hrs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks