Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2008, 19:57   #106
BHPian

yes i did enquire why airbags arent standard its got to do with cost. 1 lakh to be precise for a set of airbags!! thats in case an elantra goes and bang and one has to replace the airbags.

vehicle cost though can be like 70k+ rs. but yes they have told it again and again to me.
please be carefull of bike fellows. i am sure i would have been more fortunate if i was dead slow like 20-30 kmph. but i never knew that guy would pull off a stupid stunt coming out of no where!! the official speed limit of that road is even 70kmph! it was night 7pm. i wasnt able to see a thing due to the blinding in the rain! actually i was fortunate the rain had caused the foundation of the concrete pillar to be loose and on side impact the pillar went down if it had stayed in one place. i would have been crushed from the side. :( and yes no use of airbags. you need side airbags for this kind of crash and yes i cant imagine what would have happened if the lorry had ever hit me head on. even airbags wouldnt have saved me !!( i would be crushed with the airbags of present or crushed horribly! what else do you expect when a lorry hits you head on at 80+kmph??) . i reacted real quick to avoid the lorry. the driver of the lorry was there for pulling out my car from the ground! he said i was real lucky to have had the presence of mind to swere left to avoid head on or side collision with the lorry!! . guess my time is yet to come

the nice thing here is no casualities and no case and complaints. within two days the work had started off. i am glad things are going to be ok.

sameel
Old 12th December 2008, 22:43   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
yes i did enquire why airbags arent standard its got to do with cost. 1 lakh to be precise for a set of airbags!! thats in case an elantra goes and bang and one has to replace the airbags.

vehicle cost though can be like 70k+ rs. but yes they have told it again and again to me.
please be carefull of bike fellows. i am sure i would have been more fortunate if i was dead slow like 20-30 kmph. but i never knew that guy would pull off a stupid stunt coming out of no where!! the official speed limit of that road is even 70kmph! it was night 7pm. i wasnt able to see a thing due to the blinding in the rain! actually i was fortunate the rain had caused the foundation of the concrete pillar to be loose and on side impact the pillar went down if it had stayed in one place. i would have been crushed from the side. :( and yes no use of airbags. you need side airbags for this kind of crash and yes i cant imagine what would have happened if the lorry had ever hit me head on. even airbags wouldnt have saved me !!( i would be crushed with the airbags of present or crushed horribly! what else do you expect when a lorry hits you head on at 80+kmph??) . i reacted real quick to avoid the lorry. the driver of the lorry was there for pulling out my car from the ground! he said i was real lucky to have had the presence of mind to swere left to avoid head on or side collision with the lorry!! . guess my time is yet to come

the nice thing here is no casualities and no case and complaints. within two days the work had started off. i am glad things are going to be ok.

sameel
well to be honest. For the price tag the verna diesel comes with, you would expect a lot more other stuff along with the car apart from the airbags for that cost. Some of the most basic of stuff like better interiors, a bigger wheel base for the tyres, better build quality for the body, a better console and stuff like that. Take nothing away from the fact that I absolutely adore my car to the core and that I wouldnt choose any other car over it specially cause of the engine under that hood, but nevertheless, safety is compromised. But I must give it to the ABS man. I do go pretty quick on the emptier roads and those brakes get me down from speed in no time at all. Lot of people told me not to go for ABS and I told them no way if theres one thing I want in my car thats good brakes!
Old 8th January 2009, 11:20   #108
BHPian

Hey guys, Need a helping hand!
I got my car back from my first service last month. I had complained about the car veering to the left and about a notchy second and reverse gear.
The former problem was rectified, while the latter was good for a couple of days then went back to the old state. 2nd gear is better but reverse is terrible and I have lots of difficulty engaging it.
The hyundai guys called up that day and asked me if i was satisfied with the service and that I can come down if I have issues.
I have booked for service this coming monday and need some help on the following:
1) Theyre checking the gear box again. Does anyone have issues with their verna gearbox?
2) After the first service Im finding mild rattling of the front console at lower speeds. Is this something to worry about?
3) My central locking system in the car seemed to have failed that day for the left rear door. It locke dproperly, but when I unlocked I wasnt able to open the left rear door from inside but it opened from outside. It happened twice then it went back to normal, then happened once more.
4) Some people said that you can get the shock absorbers replaced under warranty. I feel like my rear shocks were manufactured in hell cause theyre really really bad over the speed breakers. Can they be replaced for free? And if they are replaced will it make a difference?

Hoping people can shed some light onto these things! Thanks in advance!
Old 8th January 2009, 15:28   #109
BHPian

Change of title

Mods,
Perhaps you can change my thread title? 2 week old does not seem appropriate anymore!
Old 9th January 2009, 16:31   #110
BHPian

My thread seems to have been lost in this forum. Can Anyone help me out wit my previous queries?
Old 9th January 2009, 17:25   #111
rippergeo

1.No issues with the gear box so far- 30k kms run.
2.No rattles yet.
3.Did you look at the child lock system on the rear door?
Doesnt verna have one? let me look at mine.
4.Shock absorbers under warranty? Unlikely- you can try though, what exactly is the problem there? the Rear suspension of the Verna ABS is known to be especially more bumpy/bouncy(than the regular Verna CRDi) on undulating road surfaces. rough surfaces are dealt with ok.

Old 9th January 2009, 20:41   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
1.No issues with the gear box so far- 30k kms run.
2.No rattles yet.
3.Did you look at the child lock system on the rear door?
Doesnt verna have one? let me look at mine.
4.Shock absorbers under warranty? Unlikely- you can try though, what exactly is the problem there? the Rear suspension of the Verna ABS is known to be especially more bumpy/bouncy(than the regular Verna CRDi) on undulating road surfaces. rough surfaces are dealt with ok.
1. Gearbox engaging reverse is a real pain. The car that I test drove was a sx abs as wel and it had a lovely gearbox.
2. NO rattles until first service. It started right after that.
3. Is the child lock system that small knob on the end of the door when you open it?
4. The rear end of my car goes crazy. No matter how poor a suspension is I dont think it can be this bad. I will enquire about it when I go on monday. Not sure if he'll work on it now though. I might only be able to push for it during 2nd free service.
Old 9th January 2009, 20:49   #113
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
3. Is the child lock system that small knob on the end of the door when you open it?
Yes, but I still have'nt managed to look at mine to see if the verna has it, I think it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
4. The rear end of my car goes crazy. No matter how poor a suspension is I dont think it can be this bad. I will enquire about it when I go on monday. Not sure if he'll work on it now though. I might only be able to push for it during 2nd free service.
Has it been like this since the beginning, or is it a new thing?
Did you check your tyre pressures? they might be overinflated

Old 9th January 2009, 21:50   #114
Senior - BHPian

@Pras- My cousin got the Shock absorbers changed under warranty on his fiesta a month back so check with hyundai if they can do the same as well.
Old 9th January 2009, 23:27   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Yes, but I still have'nt managed to look at mine to see if the verna has it, I think it does.

Has it been like this since the beginning, or is it a new thing?
Did you check your tyre pressures? they might be overinflated
No tires cant be overinflated. I dont let him fill more then 30ps. And besides its been quite some time since i last filled fuel so I havent had a chance to refill air. Should go though tomorrow perhaps. The suspension has always been a pain. Its been getting worse though, inspite of me taking the best care to go easy on the bumps and bad roads. Surprisingly my car still takes the semi crappy roads decently. Its the damn speed breakers that are gettig on my nerves and a few other random potholes, which jolt me far worse then they should be jolting me.

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 9th January 2009 at 23:30.
Old 9th January 2009, 23:29   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Pras- My cousin got the Shock absorbers changed under warranty on his fiesta a month back so check with hyundai if they can do the same as well.
Ok thats good news for me. So it is a possibility. Can you please elaborate? what was the reason for changing shocks? Where they actually damaged or did he manage to get them changed for free just cause he was unhappy wth the shocks he had?
Old 14th January 2009, 21:06   #117
BHPian

Well, I've had a pretty bad experience with hyundai service.
First of all they called me back on monday morning based on my feedback that I was unhappy with my first service. It's sad that hyundai doesnt seem to differentiate between customers who have come for their free/paid service and customers that have come because theyre unhapy wit the service they had. I had to scream at them continuously to get them to come and check my car and TD it to verify the problems that I was stating (some of them caused by the 1st service, and some of them mentioned but not rectified properly during 1st service). I even had to pinpoint at all their certificates that they had proudly put up stating that I neither see any service happening nor do I agree with your claim that you provide maximum customer satisfaction. Also mentioned that they dont give people who have complaints about the service higher priority by calling them on weekends when they'll have time to sit and explain everything and instead call them on monday morning when we have to go to work.
Eventually after much screaming myself hoarse and making angry faces at the receptionist who bore most of my brunt, the guy came around to test drive the car and agreed with all the issues that I had stated.
The gearbox and suspension seem better now though he claims the shocks are fine. But they have put a few scratches onto my front bumper and the car is rattling inside even more then it was befre, even though they claim that they have checked everything. He says that the rattling might be cause of the noise from the speakers when music is on! Wondering what to do next. I called up the chap who was in charge of the car yesterday and belted him again regarding this. He kept saying again and again that he has taken proper care of the car and doesnt know why the rattling is happening. This from a 3 month old car, and to say nothing of the fact that there wasnt a single noise inside the cabin up till the first service. He said during 1st service none of the interiors would have been touched. Anyone out there who can shed some light on this? Someone had claimed the same in their swift and it had been found that their windscreen had not been clipped properly. I asked him if that was the issue and he said no. My entire dashboard is rattling, and after yesterday so are my doors and side panels! And TBHP experts or long term verna owners who can tell me how to go about this now? There must be some kind of senior supervisor or manager of the service division right? How can I contact them? Its sad that one of my factors in considering hyundai over ford was that the *** is much better, instead theyve just made me into an "***" who has to run around with a brand new car trying to fix issues that shouldnt even be there!

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 14th January 2009 at 21:11.
Old 25th January 2009, 14:07   #118
BHPian

Help needed

Guys, post my first service and the "post 1st service" service (please see the previous post here for details), my car has been rattling no end. Need help from experts. What should I do, how should I approach this. I am certain that the issue has arised only after the service as there was not a single noise from the car before that. I have also found that perhaps my idling needs to be increased because the car seems noisier and vibrates more when stationary then it was before. Has my car been tampered with? Is there a problem with the guys who worked on my car or is my car faulty? Need urgent replies from people out there who have owned a car for a long time.

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 25th January 2009 at 14:11.
Old 25th January 2009, 16:34   #119
BHPian

[quote
I am certain that the issue has arised only after the service as there was not a single noise from the car before that. I have also found that perhaps my idling needs to be increased because the car seems noisier and vibrates more when stationary then it was before
[/quote]

Do'nt fiddle with the engine idling speed since your car is only 3 months old, take it back to service centre, get the engine mounting rubbers/bolts checked/ replaced (That is what I've found as one of the reasons in most cars with a similar problem)
Old 25th January 2009, 16:43   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
[quote
I am certain that the issue has arised only after the service as there was not a single noise from the car before that. I have also found that perhaps my idling needs to be increased because the car seems noisier and vibrates more when stationary then it was before
Do'nt fiddle with the engine idling speed since your car is only 3 months old, take it back to service centre, get the engine mounting rubbers/bolts checked/ replaced (That is what I've found as one of the reasons in most cars with a similar problem)[/quote]

breezydrive I have reason to believe that they have messed with the idling because the car was far quieter and vibrated less when stationary before the service was done.
I called that guy back later the next day after the service. He claimed that they are not responsible for the rattling because they didnt touch the inside during the 1st service, which I of course do not believe. The second time I left my car he told me that they have put additional padding and blah blah. But inspite of that the car dashboard is vibrating non stop. Is there a chance that the windscreen clips might be loose? Also I have reason to beleive that perhaps the door window may also not be fitted properly. My second service is still 2 or 3 months away. I am tired of constantly going all the way to them and am not sure if I should put up with this till the next service or go immediately.

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 25th January 2009 at 16:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks