Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 12:13   #1
BANNED

Palio Stile 1.1

Just got my Palio 1.1, furnace red, looks classy . Even after nearly a decade of it's launch , it still is a fine looking car. The first thing that hits you as soon as you step in is the build quality . Though the dash looks dated the beige does it's bit to liven up things . Interiors are quite spacious , and the boot is also quite big. Hanadling is good and the ride quality is simply superb. And now comes the worst part , the engine. Though smooth and refined , it makes a racket when revved hard. It's seriously underpowered and considering she's nearly a ton , and given her tall ratios , in the city one has to contiously work the gear box . But the flip side is mileage, I got around 15 in city ,without ac .Now that the Tatas have taken up sales and distribution, servicing is no problem either . The sales people at Tata are equally enthusiastic about Fiat cars.For a family car , the Palio makes perfect sense. Cheers..
Old 10th December 2008, 15:18   #2
BHPian

Congrats on choosing a Palio!

I heard there is a free Music system offer along with the additional Price cut. Have you got these offers?

Do share the version you have SLE, SLX, the On road price and freebies/accessories you got!

Lastly would you recommend your car to a new buyer and if yes why?

Cheers~
Old 10th December 2008, 15:26   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasist View Post
But the flip side is mileage, I got around 15 in city ,without ac.
Congrats!!!.

Are you sure about the 15 mileage in city?. I have heard palio 1.1 returning far less than that. If the 15 mileage is true, then it is a great buy definitely.
Old 10th December 2008, 15:56   #4
BHPian

The Palio Stile owners are really growing thick and fast atleast on T-bhp.

Congrats mate! Wish you happy motoring with the beautiful tank called Palio.

Do post pictures and also share other details (sales experience, model, freebies, OTR etc) about your purchase
Old 10th December 2008, 16:05   #5
BHPian

congrats vasist...

1.1 is the famed panda engine which is imported & not produced locally here just like the 1.6 engine.. pl run it in properly for better mileage, pickup & silence of engine..
run-in might take anything between 5K to 10K kms..

people have got upto 20-22kmpl with 1.1 engine on highways with steady speeds between 100-120 kmph..
Old 10th December 2008, 16:06   #6
BHPian

Congrats on new ride.

Based on my experiance with Stile 1.1 in about 2 yrs and completing 21K till now I can say it is not underpowered either. Let it complete few thousand KM's on ODO and than you will realize it is definetly not underpowered. Why I am saying this is because I felt the same during initial few months of its ownership, but now I realize how wrong I was.
Old 10th December 2008, 16:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vasist!

Palio Stile 1.1 is a nice choice for a family car & for mainly City drives.
Old 10th December 2008, 16:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasist View Post
....But the flip side is mileage, I got around 15 in city ,without ac..
I would be jumping with joy to get a mileage like that in Mumbai!
Old 10th December 2008, 17:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I would be jumping with joy to get a mileage like that in Mumbai!
Not really, bruiser from TBHP is getting 17-18 kpl in Delhi-Noida on his Stile 1.1 (without AC and with sedate driving, I suppose)
Old 10th December 2008, 17:38   #10
BHPian

Off Topic - Driving w/o AC

Driving without AC all the time has its own disadvantage also!

The interiors like seats, dashboard and other beige color parts that hold the car are spoilt with the kind of pollution and heat on the city and highways! Also ones Hairstyle

Personally I never drive without AC due to the Ant-races of Auto-ricks cutting past blowing all the kerosene mixed in their petrol tank and the Bikers! Most affected on the Traffic signals!!
Old 11th December 2008, 00:14   #11
BHPian

i feel too that its better to drive around in city with Ac on to avoid harmful pollutants from harming you as well as soiling the car interiors.
congratz on your buy dude!
Old 11th December 2008, 16:02   #12
BANNED

Thanks guys .It's SLE, I got a discount of 40k but no music system . Sadly they started giving music system for free after I bought the car. The mileage I got was under sedate driving conditions in the ring roads of bangalore . I have only driven around 200kms. And yes I do recomend the car for a family of five , cause it's both spacious and efficient . Ofcourse there are far better cars , but if you want three medium adults to sit comfortably at the rear , there's not much options . I seriously looked at the Indica Vista also, but the build quality though improved, is no match to the palio . Will post pics and mileage in bumper to bumper traffic as soon as possible guys. happy motoring ..
Old 14th December 2008, 11:02   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Driving without AC all the time has its own disadvantage also!

The interiors like seats, dashboard and other beige color parts that hold the car are spoilt with the kind of pollution and heat on the city and highways! Also ones Hairstyle

Personally I never drive without AC due to the Ant-races of Auto-ricks cutting past blowing all the kerosene mixed in their petrol tank and the Bikers! Most affected on the Traffic signals!!
Does this holds good for driving without AC but with all windows rolled up with Fans in Air Intake mode? I think there is some sort of filter before the air is blown into the cabin.

@Vasist.. Congrats on your new buy. Furnance Red looks great. Wish you a Happy and Safe miles ahead.
Old 14th December 2008, 13:08   #14
BHPian

@vasist: congrats on your new ride. wish you many miles of happy motoring.

Did you find a huge gap in build quality between the Vista and the Palio? I would probably be looking at both a couple of months down the line (or when budget constraints ease!). How do find the turning circle in city driving? Sorry for bugging you with questions mate.
Old 15th December 2008, 14:32   #15
BHPian

@Volt:
I am no expert, but I test-drove both recently and wouldn't rate any of them significantly better than the other in build quality. The Indicas have generally been rugged, and I would argue that it implies decent build quality. Somehow, the Stile just highlights its build quality better. Note that I booked a 1.1 SLE recently, so my *feeling* is that the Stile is built better.

The big turning circle of the Stile is a clear disadvantage in U-turns (I faced it in the test drive). I did not see any problem in maneuvering in traffic, but a couple of test drives cannot give the whole picture. The Vista was probably only slightly better at U-turns but felt much easier, and it was no different than the Stile in traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks