Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 14:27   #1
BHPian

Linea MJD waiting period

Guys,
Lately I've noticed that there is long waiting period here in Pune (1+ month) for Linea MJD E+. I've booked one on 17th Jan and yet to hear anything concrete on its arrival
Just wanted to know how is the situation elsewhere across all models, specially in cities.

Has Fiat really snapped up these many orders?
Old 16th February 2009, 14:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

"Fortunately" Yes. Good thing for Fiat
Old 16th February 2009, 14:42   #3
BHPian

We have booked a Linea MJD E+ for my friend here in Coimbatore and there is no information on when the deliveries are going to start. Looks like FIAT is acting up again as the dealer says there had been no shipment from the factory yet for the E+ model.

Not too sure if we should trust what the dealer says but if it was true, looks like FIAT is having a hard time with the supply 'blue and me' kits for the E+. May be they did not expect a big demand for the E+?
Old 16th February 2009, 14:52   #4
BHPian

Is it really because of 'Blue and Me'??
I was thinking that FIAT is trying give out 2009 mfg cars only hence the delay..
Old 16th February 2009, 15:05   #5
BHPian

I just got a letter from the dealer explaining delay in delivery. I think I can wait for 1 more month. but now even Emotion option looks attractive to me

--------------------------------------------------
Sub: Your booking for Fiat Linea

Dear Sir,

This has reference to your booking for Linea DI Emotion Pack in Flamingo red colour dated 17th January, 2009.

While offering Linea to Indian customers Tata-Fiat company felt that there will be less demand for Emotion Pack version, but all over India there is more booking for Emotion Pack Petrol / Diesel model, as a result there will be some delay in delivery of your booked car.

As per the latest communication received from our principals, delivery of your car is expected in 1st ~ 2nd week of March 2009.

We can offer you Linea in Emotion model, as the delivery period for this variant will be shorter. If you thinking of changing your booking option please let us know so that we can quote the correct delivery position in consultation with our principals.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,
For B U Bhandari Auto Pvt. Ltd

Shailesh J. Bhandari
]Jt. Managing Director

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by TheHorse : 16th February 2009 at 15:07. Reason: removing bad formatting
Old 16th February 2009, 15:06   #6
BHPian

At least the wait is a Month, not 5 months !! LOL, I had to wait for 5 months for my 500 !! The blue and me is amazing and I am sure it will be worth the wait
Old 16th February 2009, 15:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragra View Post
At least the wait is a Month, not 5 months !! LOL, I had to wait for 5 months for my 500 !! The blue and me is amazing and I am sure it will be worth the wait
Is there a compatibility list of phones for Blue & Me? For example, does iPhone 2G work well with B&M?
Old 16th February 2009, 15:57   #8
BHPian

TheHorse, I feel is worth the wait for the E+ than taking just E.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:58   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Is there a compatibility list of phones for Blue & Me? For example, does iPhone 2G work well with B&M?
AFAIK, all bluetooth enabled phones work with the B&M module. But I guess there are going to be the odd ones, which might have problems connecting.

Delivery of Emotion+ will take a atleast4-6 weeks, i booked my petrol on Feb 3rd, ETD is still at March 1st week, but I doubt it. Seems like Fiat is pushing for Flamenco Red(Marron for all us mortals). I have booked a Black and hoping i will get the car atleast 2nd week of March. As demand increases, i think supply will be an issue.
Old 16th February 2009, 15:59   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Yup, the Blue & Me will only work with Microsoft Windows Smartphones

You can find the Microsoft logo on the steering wheel!
Old 16th February 2009, 16:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post

Rudrah,

It works with most bluetooth enabled phones. I havent tried it myself. But I remember reading a report from Muneem where he tried to map his N series to the B&M.
Old 16th February 2009, 16:46   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post

Jeez man, there is no MS logo on the steering wheel, there is a button with the windows logo to activate blue and me. But there is a sticker on the rear wind shield and a small one inside the glove box.

The Blue & Me was developed by Microsott hence you see the Windows mobile logo. The blue tooth module will be universal protocol so it should not have problems connecting to mobile phones with bluetooth.

Where did you get this info? If you have any additional refrences, please post them here else your point cannot be validated.

Thanks
Old 16th February 2009, 16:52   #13
BHPian

Ok Folks don't fight over it !! LOL

Here is the thing the B&Me works with every bluetooth enabled phone, even my iPhone 3G works fine. But the sms reader is compatible with only few phones and there is no up-to-date list.

Also the contacts can be saved in the car's memory but again this feature is not compatible with all phones, but again the voice feature works with all bluetooth enabled phones.

To dial a number if the contacts are saved in the car, you just have to say e.g. "Call John" and it will dial or else you can say "Dial 0985685236" and it will dial the number.
Old 16th February 2009, 16:59   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Jeez man, there is no MS logo on the steering wheel, there is a button with the windows logo to activate blue and me. But there is a sticker on the rear wind shield and a small one inside the glove box.

The Blue & Me was developed by Microsott hence you see the Windows mobile logo. The blue tooth module will be universal protocol so it should not have problems connecting to mobile phones with bluetooth.

Where did you get this info? If you have any additional refrences, please post them here else your point cannot be validated.

Thanks

, The first time I used the Blue and Me was using Nokia phone of the dealer and it was not a windows mobile. Only challenge would be to speak in a clear english diction, else the system doesn't recogonize. Poor sales guy had to say help to get to the main menu 4 times before pairing the phone to the car. It worked when the guy moved to the drivers seat. It is not very tough for sure, just keeping your pronounciation clean will do the trick
Old 16th February 2009, 17:21   #15
BHPian

BLUE AND ME probs anyone......

its very simple guys. most of the people dont realize this and complain it doesnt work, this and that.

i dont have a linea lolz but i have a RAZR V8 phone which has kinda same stuff. i mean my phone can talk, it can read out messages. and i can call anyone by pressing voice command button. and do several stuff with voice commands. so its similar to blue and me. it plays music too. :P

my phone recognizes commands easily, well when i talk in an american accent . i am telling you it really works. even if you whisper in an accent it will pick it up. so make sure you brush up on your firangi accent.

and yeah its better if your surroundings are calm and quiet. in the car it wont be a prob i think.

my point was that the accent thing is true and i think it was programed by some california yahoo's. at MS so lolz its gonna be this way only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks