Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 00:38   #76
Senior - BHPian

oh i am so sorry i wanted to say before jan08, in jan last year maruti did some changes in swift like front grill,bumpers,wheel caps, and this chrome trim was one of those if white_vdi has this then why not your shanty
Old 8th May 2009, 00:46   #77
BHPian

karan that might be the ldi vdi difference.
Old 8th May 2009, 01:02   #78
BHPian

Thats the typical LDi/VDi difference. The VDi Hazard blinkers and ring on the round AC exhaust are also silver as compared to Grey/black of the LDi.
Old 8th May 2009, 09:15   #79
Senior - BHPian

may be possible ldi/vdi difference, just wanted to clear my doubt.
Old 8th May 2009, 11:36   #80
Senior - BHPian

shanti, your blackeded pillars looks cool, good to hear your first 1000K drive, keep updating and have a happy miles ahead.CHEERS!!
Old 11th May 2009, 15:30   #81
BHPian

thanx a lot vijay

guys...

made a trip to shirdi and back this week end.it was an amazing drive.had lots of fun with the car and thoroughly enjoyed driving it.

we were 4 well built adults and two babies in the car and the boot was fully loaded as well.we started at 10am on friday morning and hit the mumbai agra highway.
the roads are amazing in patches and in some areas due to work going on only one side of the highway was being used.

i revved the car hard and took her to 120kmph.it went quite effortlessly but beyond that it seemed to be running out of breath. i came down to 90-100 kmph and was at those speeds for maximum of our journey but when ever i saw empty strech of highway i did take her to 120kmph.didnt try too much of enthusiastic overtaking and cornering as there were babies in the car.

we reached igatpuri at around 12.30 pm. we stopped at this dhaba named " Sai plaza".any one who likes chicken curry/fry i highly recommend this place.its on the RHS while going toward shirdi.i must add here that the chicken that they serve is not the regular broiler but the desi(gauthi) one.they show you the chicken thats gonna be made for you and then they start cooking. that along with bhakri,onions,pickles and papad washed down with chaas hit the right spot.

we took the shirdi bypass from ghoti village which is about 4-5 kms from igatpuri.this way you can bypass nasik and it saves around 40-50 kms. the bypass road is good in patches and is a single lane highway but is wide in majority of areas.

we reached shirdi at 4 pm and checked in at hotel shraddha park inn.its a three star property with reasonable tariff ( 3450/-) my wife got a corporate discount of 400/-.
the rooms are decent and the swimming pool and lawns are good too.but i must add here that they do not keep spirits and non-veg food is not served.

we went early morning for darshan anticipating a long que.luckily though the wait was only for half n hour.

we started back at exactly 12 pm ( check out time) and took the same route back.

- i got a decent mileage of 18km/lit . may be due to the above average speed driving and the heavily loaded car.but iam not complaining.

_ the brakes feel much better now compared to 1000kms back when i had driven down to nasik.

- some rattles and squeeks have made them selves audible so early in the car life.
some annoying noise comes from the rear seat area.cant find it out exactly. the driver side sun visor is vibrating and it makes a funny noise.

- the engine feels smooth as makhhan baap!
the turbo kick feels way better now.
i take her all they way to 60kmph in 2nd gear,80kmph in third and 100kmph in fourth

- a special mention of the boot.it swallowed up all the luggage. on the way back we picked up 2 sacks of onions(15kg each) and the crowded boot swallowed them up as well.

- i think iam getting used to the tyres now.i didnt find much lack of grip this time around.

all in all a good experiance for me and family.
looking forward for our next long drive
Old 13th May 2009, 18:36   #82
BHPian

hehehe...

the annoying noise coming from the rear area was nothing but the jack mis placed from its original position and it was just bouncing around in the boot.got the need full done and now no noise!
Old 25th May 2009, 14:22   #83
BHPian

hello ppl

a small update :

completed 2000 kms yesterday after a week end drive to pune and back.
just enjoyed myself on the express way.went up to 130kmph on a few occassions but generally was between 90-110kmph most of the time.
f.e figure has been awsome : 22kmpl !
it was just me in the car and no luggage as well.

gave a nice wash to the car today and waxed it too. the copper is shining even more now!
Old 26th May 2009, 12:31   #84
BHPian

Nice to hear that shanty. Do give your car a wax job every 6 months to keep the paint looking as good as ever. Cheers mate.
Old 26th May 2009, 13:08   #85
gpa
Senior - BHPian

This is a nice color. Regular cleaning and waxing will ensure you keep the shine and gloss for a long time.
Old 26th May 2009, 14:45   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
hello ppl

a small update :

completed 2000 kms yesterday after a week end drive to pune and back.
just enjoyed myself on the express way.went up to 130kmph on a few occassions but generally was between 90-110kmph most of the time.
f.e figure has been awsome : 22kmpl !
it was just me in the car and no luggage as well.

gave a nice wash to the car today and waxed it too. the copper is shining even more now!
good to see you enjoying your ride mate, waxing it regularly at intervals of 4 to 6 months would make it shine and keep its colour for longer period.Keep updating.
Old 27th May 2009, 09:15   #87
BHPian

tnx a lot guys.
in fact iam planning to wax it every month atleast once.
hope regular waxing doesnt have any side effects.
just luv the smooth glossy surface after waxing.

i havent done teflon coating as team bhp gurus advice against it.
since rains are around the corner should i get anti rust treatment done?
is it advisable to paint the inderbody and wheel rims black?
Old 28th May 2009, 04:45   #88
BHPian

Painting the rims Black is not necessary. It just adds to the looks. Underbody coating in rubber can be preferred, it prevents rust and also reduces cabin noise to some extend.
Old 27th July 2009, 14:39   #89
BHPian

4000 kms done!

guys..just thought about updating this thread.
just completed 4k kms in about 3 months and 7 days.
experiance so far has been great.
i have done numerous long highway drives and iam really enjoying it.
average F.E that iam getting is 15.5-16 kmpl with 70% city drive and A/C on 90% of the time.

but this car is a pain to drive in heavy traffic.It has to driven in 1st gear for long periods.shifting to 2nd makes the car shoot forward and then you have to ride the clutch to control the speed or brake hard suddenly which can lead to vehicle behind you to bump into you.

alredy mumbai traffic has given me a dent on the left front door
Old 7th September 2009, 14:37   #90
BHPian

5000kms 2nd service done

Got the car serviced for the second time 4 days back at 5300kms from navnit motors.
As usual the service experiance was good enough.

This is a free service and it cost me nothing.Thorough inspection was done.none of the fluid also needed to be topped up.washing cleaning and vaccum was done.

The salesman though talked me into getting the muffler and silencer re-dressing done.Its sort of a protectice material which takes care of the silencer.Dunno how effective it is but i got it done.cost incurred was 660 bucks.

- The engine is pretty smoth and silent as compared to new.

- I dont like the ride quality over bumpy roads at all.Even the smallest of bumps and potholes enter the cabin.

- I pretty much get the turbo kick 9 out of 10 times.But the accelerator has to be pressed hard for it.

- average is hovering between 15-16 in city with 100% AC. On highways if iam not in a mood for some spirited driving i get easily around 23-24 kmpl while driving continuously at 80-90 kmph.Drive above 100kmph and the average reduces to 18-19kmpl.

- managed a top whack of 160kmph on the mum-pune expressway.Was pretty comfortable at that speed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks