Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 08:34   #16
BHPian

congrats

congrats dude!!. i have booked a petrol linea emotion pack too in chennai. waiting for it. didnt u find the seats pretty hard?. seems there is a good dealer in banglore called orion who gives great seat covers . and one of our members have posted a pic of it too. just feel free to check those threads too for accessories
Old 6th April 2009, 08:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

great choice pranav. pretty good photos . enjoy the ride
Old 6th April 2009, 09:07   #18
BHPian

Congratulations Pranav.

The B/W pictures of your Linea with that FIAT logo looks fantastic.
Old 6th April 2009, 10:11   #19
BHPian

congratz pranav!!
a nice looking car and great choice of colour too.
keep the reports on dude.
Old 6th April 2009, 14:18   #20
BHPian

@ bite the bullet....no ps effects ...its just blue awning and the sun beating through it.... was too lazy to take it out onto the road on a hot Sunday afternoon and get some pics in natural light

glad to know that I am not the only guy who suffered from a hassled buying experience...have a thread here on the same...
Old 6th April 2009, 15:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Pranava,

yes,what you said is 100% right.
Everybody who purchased Linea has had some delivery issues.
Defn Fiat has to improve in this part.
Do you feel underpower and what about speakers.
any mods in near future
Old 6th April 2009, 15:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
congrats dude!!. i have booked a petrol linea emotion pack too in chennai. waiting for it. didnt u find the seats pretty hard?. seems there is a good dealer in banglore called orion who gives great seat covers . and one of our members have posted a pic of it too. just feel free to check those threads too for accessories
will definitely do so thank you buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats Pranava,

yes,what you said is 100% right.
Everybody who purchased Linea has had some delivery issues.
Defn Fiat has to improve in this part.
Do you feel underpower and what about speakers.
any mods in near future
Well Karthik,to be honest not to crazy about additional power but will definitely look at changing maybe the air filter and definitely change the speakers and get some RE50 3M sun film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Awesome pics - especially the B & W picture with the red logo. Fiat could use it on one of their ads!
ha ha thanks i like it too....i like photography so maybe one of these days will get some nice pics of the car in a picturesque locale

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
congrats dude!
the car looks great, and nice review aswell!
How is the handling of the car in the curves? body roll etc...

As of now she is handling well..looking forward to a drive in the countryside ...but I am sure she will handle well going by my experience so far

cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Pranava, congrats ! Wishing you a long & wonderful ownership experience.

Love the B&W pics there.

er, Who is 'everybody else', apart from the guys & gals here ?
ha ha never know a few spirits......

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Congrats Pranav, nice review & pics!

You will enjoy the Linea all the more on the highway!
am looking forward to taking her out on the highway...and will definitely post about it....
Old 6th April 2009, 21:49   #23
SSN
BHPian

Congrats. Good review and good pics. Enjoy your ride.

I should say that I had absolutely no problems with the delivery. Lucky, I guess .
Old 6th April 2009, 23:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

beautiful beautiful looking car....
Old 1st May 2009, 11:19   #25
BHPian

Update 1

It's been a month since I got the car. As of now have nothing much to complain about the car. There have been a few niggles but nothing serious
  • the MP did not recognise the USB stick after I stalled the car - but was sorted out on its own on our return drive. Guess the 15 minute break in between where the car was turned off must have helped in rebooting the media player. Since then have not taken out the USB and works perfect.
  • Have not really used Blue&Me as I don't really have a need for it. The phone connected to it without any issues and that was my primary cncern, just in case I may have a need to use B&M in the future
  • A bit of the chrome lining on one of the triangle windows on the rear side has come off from the rubber beading. Weak gluing I presume. So decided to peal it off myself rather than wait for some idler to peal it off. Will get that fixed at the first service or I may just do it with some araldite.
  • had my first soft collision resultant scratches. Nothing serious just a few black dots on the front bumper as it kissed the compound while trying to diagnolly park on a pavement. :( was sulky for a whole day
  • No issues with the ride quality, suspension or brakes. All seem fine. Though GC with 4-5 passengers is an issue. Have scraped a few big speed breakers. Have to learn to be more careful as I'm sure its not too bad and have to realise it's not my good old shortwheel based Wagon-R
  • Seems from the other Linea threads, the in built mileage measurement system is fairly accurate and have not yet emptied my full tank. I am averaging about 9.5 - 11.5 kmpl mostly in the city with the climate control active throughout. Not bad considering that out of the 400 odd kms 100 odd were actually spent on the highway averaging speeds of 80-90 and getting her used to different rev ranges and am sure that would have affected mileage in a new car. The rest of the distance covered is in B'lores crazy traffic where 2nd and 3rd are gears are popular out of necessity, and getting to the 4th gear is a wish and the 5th a distant dream, that lasts a minute or so when it does appear.
  • On the highway, she handled very well as expected and the ease with which she cruises upto 80-90 kmh goes unnoticed. Can't wait to see how she feels at higher speeds. I am sure one would ot even realise they are doing 100-120kmh
  • The footwell's a little narrow with the pedals too close and I have big feet! The presence of a footrest is welcome
  • The inside door levers feel very delicate and am worried I will break them soon,as they are also used for centrally locking all the doors.
  • One of the side indicators in the front has been very loosely fit and almost came off while washing the car
  • Some have complained about sudden surges and drops in power in the first 2 gears. I feel its got more to do with getting accustomed to the clutch rather than anyother factor.
  • I miss a bottle holder and a larger glove box, but like the sunglass holder
  • She sounds and drives brilliant at the 2800-3000 rpms. Have not really pushed her beyond
  • Have got 3M RE35 sunfilm for the windows and the rear. On hindsight they feel too light, but aesthetically looks good with the silver colour of the car. On the performance front they are pretty good.Still unsure about sunfilm for the front windshield.
  • As of now I would rate my experience as a 9/10, -1 for the small niggles with the beading, loosely fitted indicator cover and the flimsy feel of the levers.
Am planning a nice scenic drive on Sunday so am hoping to get a few scenic shots of the car in the countryside. Will post them here if it does happen. Till then take car, drive safe.
Old 1st May 2009, 14:13   #26
BANNED

Very Good update pranava. I agreed with your suggestion in my thread to free her up & did it. Now she feels much more smoother. Have yet not taken her on a long trip
Old 1st May 2009, 14:19   #27
BHPian

Nice review dude.

FE (9.5-11.5) IMO is slightly lower on lower side (SX4 like) for a 1.4 ltr engine.
Old 1st May 2009, 14:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Nice review dude.

FE (9.5-11.5) IMO is slightly lower on lower side (SX4 like) for a 1.4 ltr engine.
its good for a NEW CAR and considering B'lore traffic

should increase a bit once the car runs in.
Old 1st May 2009, 14:37   #29
BHPian

Pranava dude excellent review , even better update and wonderful picture . You captured some terrific angles of the beauty in your camera. Cheers for more and more happy miles
Old 1st May 2009, 22:36   #30
BHPian

@ vahan, fastlove, alaap - thanks! am regularly following up on the updates in your threads. really valuable stuff

@loving alaap - not really concerned about FE as of now. It was not a necessary criteria as I was going in for a Fiat, to enjoy an European/Italian car and not a Maruti SX4. Don't really have anything against marutis,as I drove a wagon r for a trouble free span of 7 years, but the Marutis lack a certain souland passion. If it were not for the Linea, I'd have gone in for the stile 1.6

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks