Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 13:46   #61
BHPian

Reviving this old thread. I need an important clarification from members who experience 1.8 and 2.0 TSI motors with respect to ideal fuel for this engine. Does the speed 97 fuel really make a noticeable difference as compared to 91 octane regular fuels? Is it worth the price differential, in Bangalore the difference is Rs.10 per litre and availability is limited to very few bunks. The grade mentioned on the fuel flap is 91/95 RON and like everyone knows, 95 is not available in India. Also since 97 from BP is speed, does it include all those unwanted additives and whether that is safe for 1.8 TSI? Would it improve the F.E too?
Phew, lots of questions and doubts, will be very thankful if anyone can clear them for me.

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd November 2010 at 13:53. Reason: Anand, just a friendly tip. Note that you write the paragraph in one shot. Giving para breaks be for easier reading. Tks!
Old 2nd November 2010, 15:13   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
Reviving this old thread. I need an important clarification from members who experience 1.8 and 2.0 TSI motors with respect to ideal fuel for this engine. Does the speed 97 fuel really make a noticeable difference as compared to 91 octane regular fuels? Is it worth the price differential, in Bangalore the difference is Rs.10 per litre and availability is limited to very few bunks. The grade mentioned on the fuel flap is 91/95 RON and like everyone knows, 95 is not available in India. Also since 97 from BP is speed, does it include all those unwanted additives and whether that is safe for 1.8 TSI? Would it improve the F.E too?
Phew, lots of questions and doubts, will be very thankful if anyone can clear them for me.
speed 97 is perfect for the 1.8 tsi, use that whenever possible, there was a thread about this & gto even asked a skoda engineer & he also said the tsi runs better with speed97..
cheers..
Old 3rd November 2010, 19:45   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post

Just use regular petrol from reliable outlets.
Don't waste your money on speed*.*

My Tsi is running happily on regular unleaded petrol and when it's safe and I am in mood, nobody overtakes me (so regular petrol is good enough)
Old 20th November 2010, 22:42   #64
BHPian

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN, LAURA 1.8 TSI IS AT A DISCOUNT OF 1 LAKH. GUYS THIS IS THE TIME TO BUY.

Or maybe a little later by Dec (year end) more discount?
Old 29th December 2010, 21:31   #65

Re: Skoda Laura 1.8TSI test drive

heard there is going to be a new laura RS in 2011. has anyone heard anything on this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks