Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2009, 16:21   #76
BHPian

Hello Anachronix!

Frst of all congrats! i am inspired by your post because I am from Chennai too and have booked 1.6S Fiesta aqua marine on 15-Oct-2009. The on-road price claimed to be 8.12L and I was able to get a nice corporate discount of 65.6K and an exchange bonus of 10k (exchanging my M800 which is 6 and half years old for 1lk). I didn't take the insurance offer from the dealer which was quoting for 28k and rather I got a offer from TATA-AIG for 21k with 6-9 mnts emi and from Bajaj Allianze ar 22.5k still not froze the deal yet. Just paid 18k as booking amount and waiting to pick it next weekend.
The pictures posted by you are truely awesome, I also took this opportunity to announce the deal I have striked, and I wanted to know from you is it worth having the sun film pasted by the dealer who says 3k and adds it as a freebie or just take cash discount and get it done elsewhere? opinions invited from all Team-BHP mates.

Happy Revving & Happy Diwali greetings to all.
Old 17th October 2009, 16:35   #77
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on booking ford fiesta 1.6s
So another proud fiesta owner (in next few days).
Do not forget to post some pictures of your new purchase soon.
Cheers
Old 17th October 2009, 22:45   #78
BHPian

Best thing for you is go to a OSRAM dealer. Just but a pair fo H7 and H1 night breaker bulbs. Will cost you like 1500 per pair. You will immediately get double the lighting. I have them on mye fiesta.
Old 18th October 2009, 06:50   #79
BHPian

Thanks Nairrk will post in a separate thread.
Old 20th October 2009, 09:32   #80
Senior - BHPian

So here we go with long pending detailed review of the Fiesta 1.6S.

It has been quite an experience from the day of ownership.

Purchase date: 22nd May 2009
KMs Clocked: 11500
Mods/ICE/Accessories: None (Not even a sunfilm )

Exterior
Ground Clearance: Initially during my purchase of the 1.6S I was a little skeptical about its ground clearance and its ability to handle the wierd and high speed breakers on our roads. The 1.6S did really score well in this area. It has never bottomed on any speed breaker/badly patholed roads.

Visibility: The Fiesta offers very good visibility. The 360D view while driving is quite good. I am comparing this to my previously owned Ikon. Reversing in the Ikon was absolutely tricky given the high boot design. Reversing has never been a problem or rather the visibility that the side/rear view mirrors offer. There are a few occasions where I felt the A-pillar to be blocking my view while taking sharp 90D right turns. But then, its not a huge problem and I am more used to these now.

Headlamps: This is something I rated low during my purchase and I was chasing for an upgrade to more powerful lamps. Most people were advicing against the upgrade of the headlamps in the Fiesta and told me that the Fiesta lamps are adequate for our roads. I had to drive to Kerala after the 2nd week of my purchase and with a huge dilemma on the effectiveness of the Fiesta headlamps I took it to the highway for the night drive. The headlamps did not disappoint me at all. The spread was really good offering superb visibility during the night. I was blinded though when I had to come across a few morons who were hunting for toads with a good number of lamps on tarmaced roads.

Interior
Seating: I am comparing the driver seats to my previously owned Ikon. The only good thing in the Fiesta high seating position which makes Ingress & Egress quite comfortable. Otherwise, I dint find the seating position to be as exciting as the Ikon. I am still in love with Ikon seats and driving position. When I do continous driving for 4-5 hours I get a bad pain in my *** making me stop over for a break! I found the seat material to be quite hard as well.

The driving position is quite decent and there is nothing exciting about it. The excitement for sure is in a different form in the 1.6S!

ICE: The stock ICE offered in the Fiesta is good enough considering its a factory equipment. It can sustain a volume of upto 18 without any jarring or distortion. The AUX option is a very good thing, I do connect everything possible which has an OUT option for headphone. Its keeping me happy at the moment. The ICE project is planned only for next year.

Access/Usability: From the driver seat the access to switches is good. I found the knob for the headlights to be more funny. Something, I have seen only in the bus/trucks! The headlamp controls in the Ikon was quite handy. If there is a need to quickly put on the parking lamps/head lamps I need to reach beyond the steering wheel, something I am used to now so there is nothing to complaint.

The wierdest thing ever is the bonnet release switch. A naughty co-passenger in the front seat can give you an easy surprise!

The cubby holes have been really useful. There is space around the driver for everything. The good thing is that the space offered is more than adequate.

Cabin space: The Fiesta does really lose out to its competition when its comes to the cabin space. The front seats are Ok, but the rear is too cramped for a C Segment car. The Fiesta is perfectly comfortable for only 4 passengers including the driver. Yet, its not much of an issue for me since its just me and my spouse occasionally joined by my parents. This is one reason I had to borrow a Linea for one of my drives to Kerala to bring my kiddo back when she was less than 3 months old.

Ride/Handling:
The 1.6S is best handling sedan in the below 10 Lakh C-Segment. But, does it offer a better ride!?

My answer would be NO. The stiff dampers makes the car a lot bouncy when I am driving over uneven roads. But then, its a compromise I have to do make for the handling it offers at high speeds. The steering feedback is too good. It lacks the sharpness of the Ikon though. The 1.6S offers very good mechanical grip and it does inspire a lot of confidence while I take it to higher speeds. The body roll is considerably less than the ZXi Fiesta.

I will continue 2nd part of the review with more info on the visits to Ford A.S.S and few niggles tomorrow or later today
Old 20th October 2009, 09:51   #81
BHPian

@anachronix:

Would like to comment on two things based on my short ownership:

Ground Clearance: My car did scrape 4-5 times with 5 on board, but this had more to do with oversized/possibly illegal speedbrakers.

Ride: "The stiff dampers makes the car a lot bouncy when I am driving over uneven roads." I have driven mine over some very bad stretches, but it never Bounced/Pitched. Its stiff and hence we do feel the bad road, but no instability whatsoever.
Old 20th October 2009, 10:38   #82
Senior - BHPian

Few days back I too was driving on a Bad road. I doubt whether one can call that as Road-the tar on the surface totally gone and big metals (stones) are openly visible-thank god my car tyres did not got cut - and big big potholes. Literally the car was dancing in all sides (with 4 people on board). Almost 3/4 kms I had to negotiate such a shaddy route but fortunately no hitting on the ground. So ground clearance on this car is very good.
Thanks
Old 20th October 2009, 12:24   #83
Senior - BHPian

Govinda, its not losing stability! But at slow speeds over uneven roads the 1.6S dances as 'nairrk' as quoted here!
Old 1st November 2009, 01:43   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I will continue 2nd part of the review with more info on the visits to Ford A.S.S and few niggles tomorrow or later today
Anachronix, I have booked an S and I would like to hear about your A.S.S experience and the car's niggles.
Old 24th February 2010, 16:46   #85
Senior - BHPian

Its been a while since I updated this thread!

Reason... really bad things happened in my life and I am thankful to God to be lucky enough to be alive and writing this note.

I met with a bizarre accident back in November on the 22nd in Chennai. A damn tree fell on my car while I was on my drive crushing the whole back portion of the car. I was in the driver seat and came out without a scratch! It was my friend's car and my S was with him until I settled all the other formalities for nearly 3 months.

Got my car back from Bangalore this weekend and even before I could start enjoying the love affair again... I see problems waiting to be sorted out!

The car has a bad bad problem. When I step on the brake pedals there are vibrations felt on the steering and also while changing lanes at nominal speed there is a vibration/play felt on the steering. Have gone back to Ford again and its a 3 month old follow up that I need to open again to be sorted out.

Some pics from my accident in a Zen Estilo! This car is owned by another BHPian (deetjon).
Attached Thumbnails
Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-image0002.jpg  

Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-image0003.jpg  

Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-image0004.jpg  

Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-image0005.jpg  

Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-dsc00235.jpg  

Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-dsc00237.jpg  

Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-dsc00238.jpg  

Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-dsc00239.jpg  

Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-dsc00241.jpg  

Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-dsc00242.jpg  

Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-dsc00243.jpg  

Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-dsc00244.jpg  

Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-dsc00245.jpg  

Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-dsc00246.jpg  

Old 24th February 2010, 17:04   #86
Senior - BHPian

oh thats very bad accident-but great, you escaped unhurt even with the front windshield of the car broken? !God saved you !
The pictures shows a horrific scene around.
Old 24th February 2010, 17:29   #87
Senior - BHPian

Oh those pictures give me goose bumps !!! How did it happen ? Was it a heavy-rain related tree fall ? It would have been anybody in your place, thank God damage is just on the metal and glass, not on humans.

Tell us about the latest issue on your fiesta. We have had reports of steering spring noise from few and a clutch related issue from another member so far.
Old 24th February 2010, 17:34   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I was in the driver seat and came out without a scratch! It was my friend's car and my S was with him until I settled all the other formalities for nearly 3 months.
That was very nice of you even though the tree falling was not your fault. Is the Zen a total loss?
Quote:
The car has a bad bad problem. When I step on the brake pedals there are vibrations felt on the steering and also while changing lanes at nominal speed there is a vibration/play felt on the steering. Have gone back to Ford again and its a 3 month old follow up that I need to open again to be sorted out.
Do a wheel alignment and tire balancing first to see if that fixes the issue. If that's not it, then it could be an issue with the new steering column that you got. Was there any suspension damage when you hit the speedbreaker?
Old 24th February 2010, 17:55   #89
BHPian

That was a close shave indeed!

You mean to say the problem with your S is 3 months old?
Old 24th February 2010, 18:03   #90
Senior - BHPian

The problem initially was due to the 'tak tak' noise as reported by Frank in his other thread. I had taken it to Bangalore (Metro Ford) to be checked since they had maintained my previous car Ikon to perfection.

The steering rack & the column was replaced under warranty and I had to leave it in Bangalore since it was taking more time in aquiring the parts. That is when I had to borrow my friend's car to be back in Chennai and this unfortunate thing happened. I couldnt see my car for the past 3 months and finally got it home by this weekend.

Now the issues are different, with the vibration I feel while braking and also the vibration while I am doing slow speeds! The steering feels a lot tight as well. The noise however been there!

The Zen Estilo was declared 'total loss' indeed!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks