Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 13:25   #16
BHPian

Congratulations Buddy!! Here's wishing you great years ahead with your beast..

Mera number kab aayega :-((

Cheers..
Old 30th May 2009, 13:41   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulation amogh, Great pick. Enjoy your black beast!!

Not to take anything away from your black VX, I just can't help drooling over the Mineral Red+Golden GX parked right by your vehicle. IMO its looking awesome with that two-tone paint job!!
Old 30th May 2009, 13:55   #18
BHPian

Congrats dude, always good to have another Safari on board.

Cheers,

Stefan
Old 30th May 2009, 14:13   #19
BHPian

Congratulations, enjoy your ride...
Old 30th May 2009, 14:20   #20
BHPian

Wow !!
An extremely good loking beast you've got there.
May it serve you well .
Please do post some interior pics too.
Old 30th May 2009, 14:36   #21
BHPian

One more safari fan!!!

Well, IMO Safari will never get older, as she will still many more hearts in future.

Congrats!
Old 30th May 2009, 15:30   #22
BHPian

Lovely car. I think you made a good call on waiting for the black. Its my favorite as well. The car / beast (please let me know when the christening is done) looks stunning.
Old 30th May 2009, 15:45   #23
BHPian

Join the safari Club Amogh.

Yes Mine was also thro the same B U Bhandari outlet and Mr. Manchak More is very helpfull.

Did you receive the smart card or will it take some time ?. Please read the smart card carefully for the CC mentioned on it.

Once again congratulations and rule the road
Old 30th May 2009, 16:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Very nice pictures. Black Safari looks really nice. DO contribute your ownership experience.
Old 30th May 2009, 20:33   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congratulation amogh, Great pick. Enjoy your black beast!!

Not to take anything away from your black VX, I just can't help drooling over the Mineral Red+Golden GX parked right by your vehicle. IMO its looking awesome with that two-tone paint job!!
Yeah .. the dual tone looks good !! But it is available only in GX

besides, the mineral red + Golden is the "Demo Car"
Old 30th May 2009, 21:01   #26
BHPian

congrats amogh

welcome to the world of the safari - i am positive that in a couple of weeks, you WILL not be comfortable driving around anything but the safari. and that it shall become your vehicle of choice for the smallest of errands!!!

take care of her bro - and happy polishing!
Old 30th May 2009, 21:12   #27
BHPian

Update : 200 km drive : Safari Dicor 2.2 VTT VX : Black !! :-)

Guys,

Just took my new Safari for a 200 km drive today. Pune-Mumbai Expressway - Exit at Lonavla - Till Amby Valley and back. Throughout the journey I made sure I do not cross 2500 rpm and the max speed I reached was 100 km/hr.

It took me a little time to get adjusted to the gear shift and transmission (since I am used to a Octavia L&K). But once I got the hang of it, it felt great. The steering felt super smooth. I took my hands off the steering wheel on the expressway and car remained dead straight. Speed was about 90 km/hr.

I could hear a rumbling noise from the transmission at times. It was pretty disturbing. It felt as if the car was being dragged. But soon I realised it had got more to do with the correct gear being engaged at the correct rpm. I do not like to shift gears frequently, but I had to let go off that habit today and I think I will have to let go off that habit till I am driving a Safari. I guess I was struggling to come to terms with the difference in torque of the Octy and Safari ? Could someone help me out here please ? I am a little dumb when it comes to technical stuff !!

While driving in the city, I just love how people automatically move away when they see a Safari approaching.I had read about it a lot on Team BHP, but experiencing it while driving is a feeling I cannot describe in words !! It just feels amazing .. and especially in Pune traffic where everybody drives as if they are Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible II trying to catch Thandie Newton !!

The car handled beautifully on the expressway. The steering is super smooth and extremely comfortable. After taking an exit at Lonavla, the road to Amby Valley has some pretty exciting turns, bends, climbs and slopes. Maan.. Safari negotiated them beautifully !! We were 5 adults and 2 kids in the car , and nobody sitting at the back felt anything. Everybody was enjoying the ride. I have driven on this road numerous times, but never have I taken some of the steep turns in second gear. With the Safari, I could easily take them in second gear. I just love the 2.2 Dicor VTT engine :-)

One big turn off though was the Roof AC not working at Low and Medium Speeds. It was working only at HI speed. Have to get it fixed next week.

I also have a couple of questions. I will be glad if the experts answer them.

1. I think the rate at which I am going, th first car check will be pretty soon (@1500 km). I am planning to change the engine oil at the first check up. The service guy at Tata Motors told me not to change the oil at the first service. But I feel changing the oil won't do any harm. In fact, it will be better for the car. Also after 15,000 km I am planning to shift to synthetic oil. I don't mind paying the "lot of extra" money for it, but I think its worth it. Am I right here ?

2. I used STP in my Octavia and had got very good results. When should I start using STP in my Safari ? After 15,000 km ?

I will be posting the interior pics very soon.

Ohh and btw : The tires I have got on the car are Bridgestone Dueler H/L 683 235/70R16 105S Any reports about these tires ? Are they a good ride in the long run ?

I look forward to your replies, inputs, comments and suggestions.
Old 30th May 2009, 21:16   #28
BHPian

Congrats

Great looking car you got there!

I too contemplated on the black for a long time, but ultimately changed the choice due to the WAF and fear of scratches.

Try it on the Mumbai Pune express way.
Old 30th May 2009, 21:33   #29
BHPian

welcome to the club

congrats dude on your purchase. Safari looks really good in black and with the new cosmetic additions. I was told that the new generation 2.2's are a lot more refined, especially the clutch is very much improved.
Old 31st May 2009, 16:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

nice car, color is excellent though requires a lot of maintenance , does you vehicle has those DVD player, LCD screens etc?
Looking forward to interior pics.

Sen2009: What is WAF ?

Most Viewed