Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2009, 17:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
1. I think the rate at which I am going, th first car check will be pretty soon (@1500 km). I am planning to change the engine oil at the first check up. The service guy at Tata Motors told me not to change the oil at the first service. But I feel changing the oil won't do any harm. In fact, it will be better for the car. Also after 15,000 km I am planning to shift to synthetic oil. I don't mind paying the "lot of extra" money for it, but I think its worth it. Am I right here ?
Its your choice although not required and not part of first service.

Quote:
2. I used STP in my Octavia and had got very good results. When should I start using STP in my Safari ? After 15,000 km ?
I believe you are talking about fuel additive, for Safari system D works the best, STP etc have already been tested by turbanman (ex-safari 2.2l owner) and he preferred System D. You can start using after 8k.

Quote:
Ohh and btw : The tires I have got on the car are Bridgestone Dueler H/L 683 235/70R16 105S Any reports about these tires ? Are they a good ride in the long run ?
Good for city runs, no issues.
Old 31st May 2009, 22:22   #32
BHPian

Thanks a lot dadu !!

Appreciate your inputs

By STP .. I was talking about the engine oil additive. I have not tried fuel additives till date but won't mind trying them out. I have heard System D is good for keeping the injector pump clean.

I wanted to know when should I start to use an engine oil additive ? And which one ?
Old 1st June 2009, 11:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to know when should I start to use an engine oil additive ? And which one ?
The dealer added 600ml of Bardahl engine oil additive, into 6.9 lts of engine oil, upon my request, during the 2nd Service (completion of 1 year). The additive costs Rs.800/-. Not aware of any other brand that is available with our dealer.
Old 1st June 2009, 13:11   #34
BHPian

Congratualtions Amogh!!

(I think Pune isnt far behind other cities in the number of safari Owners now. I have seen quiete a few new ones rolling in the CIty.)

Great color that!! Though heavy maintainance keep a cloth handy.

Just got back from a long ride to GOA last weekend a regular periodic mile crunching exercise that the beast needs!!

I am in Pune too so let me know if you want to catch up to chat about our prized acquisitions. What side of Pune are you located?

Have fun and rule the road.

Cheers!

JUDA
Old 1st June 2009, 15:30   #35
BHPian

Quote:
The service guy at Tata Motors told me not to change the oil at the first service. But I feel changing the oil won't do any harm. In fact, it will be better for the car. Also after 15,000 km I am planning to shift to synthetic oil. I don't mind paying the "lot of extra" money for it, but I think its worth it. Am I right here ?
You may have warranty issues with use of Synthetic oil.
AFAIK Synthetic oil(s) are not approved by TM. Please check with TASS before switching over. Also B U Bhandari or other TASS in Pune do not stock synthetic oil.
TM dictates that your car be serviced at intervals specified (atleast for the Warranty period). This will therefore mean that you are throwing away Synthetic oil every 15000 KMs
Old 1st June 2009, 18:54   #36
BHPian

Its raining Safaris. Good choice mate. Looks killer in black.
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:04   #37
Senior - BHPian

Safari is never old, and black looks stunning.Congratulations Amogh!!!
Old 4th June 2009, 12:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

its a Roaring beauty.Black needs lot of maintainance with regular polishing.
all the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks