Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:55   #61
BHPian

Mileage Drop

I went for a long drive during this week wend to Yelagiri. Before starting the drive, i filled up the tank and measured the mileage and it was just 14KMPL :(. This time i was driving entirely inside city with 80% AC. I am not sure why the mileage had dropped so much. Other Ritz/Swift DDIS owners please share your thoughts.

It gives good mileage in the highway drives. I think i am getting around 17-18 KMPL.

Other feedback:

1) Turbo lag - A huge turbo log between 1000-15000 rpms, need to bang the throttle all the time to get a better push.

2) Tyre upgrade - Vehicle stability was fantastic at higher speed after tyre upgrade. I was able to touch 140kms with ease and no considerable body roll in the corners at high speeds. This is all because of better rubber.

3) Rusted front discs - I noticed Front discs are rusted. Is it common? No need to worry?

4) Ride : Ride is very good, path holes are swallowed easily. No bump hitting on *any* speed breakers.

Only concern i have is, Mileage drop. Not sure tyre upgrade is the cause??
Old 3rd August 2009, 15:30   #62
BHPian

One of my friend who is using swift VDI told me the mileage is around 18 - 20 in city and on highways it is around 22 - 23. Your mileage seems to be very less, probably it depends on your driving style as well. And the turbo lag (not log ) is till 2000 RPM (not 15000 ), once it crosses 2000 it zooms like anything.

IMHO, if you can use the right gears to keep it in the optimum RPM you dont need to bang the gas every time to get a better push, this might be probably the case for your low mileage. Experts, correct me if i am wrong.
Old 3rd August 2009, 15:52   #63
BHPian

Thanks for correcting. Too many spelling mistakes :(. Mods, can you edit my previous post?
Old 6th August 2009, 09:02   #64

I too recently went to a long drive (Faridabad to Ambala) on my VDi. The ride quality and handling was decent even with stock JK tyres, although never went beyond the 120-125 kmph mark.

Did not get a chance to measure the FE (will do so in the next refill, although that will turn out to be a mix of highway and city, not pure highway).

A pleasant surprise was to see a lot of Ritz's in Ambala and also enroute. The car is surely picking up...seems like people have started liking it's behind eventually!
Old 11th August 2009, 15:28   #65
BHPian

Long Drive

Last week, i went for a long drive about 2000KMs covering from Bangalore - Karur - Madurai - Tirunelveli - Paapanasam - Karaiyar dam - Paantheertham Falls with 4 Adults and 2 Kids. It was fantastic journey and the car behaved very well since We waned to try it out the entire journey in Ritz through the inner tamilnadu. Most of these places are in NH7 where the roads (Four lane) are almost complete. Ritz behaved absolutely well in the highways with speed over 120 KMPH. Mileage was awesome, i got around 21KMPL in the highways with 100% AC with full load. As other said, i didn't feel much body roll at high speeds.
Old 11th August 2009, 16:37   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Last week, i went for a long drive about 2000KMs covering from Bangalore - Karur - Madurai - Tirunelveli - Paapanasam - Karaiyar dam - Paantheertham Falls with 4 Adults and 2 Kids. It was fantastic journey and the car behaved very well since We waned to try it out the entire journey in Ritz through the inner tamilnadu. Most of these places are in NH7 where the roads (Four lane) are almost complete. Ritz behaved absolutely well in the highways with speed over 120 KMPH. Mileage was awesome, i got around 21KMPL in the highways with 100% AC with full load. As other said, i didn't feel much body roll at high speeds.
Thats a great FE you got with the full load. Would like to know how was the experience driving on the highways, braking, cornering, ride quality etc. What was the max speed you touched?
Old 12th August 2009, 10:47   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Thats a great FE you got with the full load. Would like to know how was the experience driving on the highways, braking, cornering, ride quality etc. What was the max speed you touched?
Max speed i touched was around 145-150 KMPL. Car behaved well during cornering, braking was good, but you need to get used to it. Ride quality was amazing! All because of correct tyre upgrade, XM1+!!
Old 12th August 2009, 12:32   #68
BHPian

Thats a good FE max, how was the rear seat experience for the passengers? Hope it was an uneventful trip and you enjoyed it to the fullest.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:39   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Thats a good FE max, how was the rear seat experience for the passengers? Hope it was an uneventful trip and you enjoyed it to the fullest.
Rear seat comfort was good for it's size. Couldn't feel path holes and rough patches in country side roads.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:53   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
I went for a long drive during this week wend to Yelagiri. Before starting the drive, i filled up the tank and measured the mileage and it was just 14KMPL :(. This time i was driving entirely inside city with 80% AC. I am not sure why the mileage had dropped so much. Other Ritz/Swift DDIS owners please share your thoughts.

It gives good mileage in the highway drives. I think i am getting around 17-18 KMPL.
Your mileage is decent enough. I get anywhere between 14-18kmpl in city and 18-22kmpl on the highways in my Swift VDi, depending on the driving style, traffic and also bunk used to fill the fuel! I get best mileage from IOC normal diesel!
kmpl figures will tend to become consistent once your car is past the 10K km mark.

Last edited by asethi : 12th August 2009 at 12:54.
Old 12th August 2009, 20:24   #71
SLK
Senior - BHPian

For my VDi, I changed to 185s immediately after taking delivery. I've got BS ER60s.

First tank I got 14.75 with 100% ac, in city. [Avoided crossing 2500rpm, but still managed to jump close to 3000 a few times]

I think a huge impact would be the tyre pressure you use with 185s!. None of the air fillers would know as of now that, this car takes 36psi front and 33psi at the rear. Ride is pretty decent [very good actually], but over bumps, you can feel the 36psi.

Last edited by SLK : 12th August 2009 at 20:26.
Old 12th August 2009, 22:42   #72
ada
BHPian

For zxi 185 tyres the company suggests keeping the front and back tyre pressure at 30psi. But I guess the difference would be due to higher weight of diesel? Actually smaller the tyres (in volume) more the pressure, so I guess if you are graduating to a bigger tyre the pressure would be less? Correct me if I'am wrong.
Old 13th August 2009, 09:37   #73
BHPian

can anyone with ritz confirm the rear speaker location?parcel shelf or rear door?
Old 13th August 2009, 10:42   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
can anyone with ritz confirm the rear speaker location?parcel shelf or rear door?
I used rear door speakers. Parcel tray with detachable provision is another possible location of the rear speakers, but i awaited due to insufficient space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
For zxi 185 tyres the company suggests keeping the front and back tyre pressure at 30psi. But I guess the difference would be due to higher weight of diesel? Actually smaller the tyres (in volume) more the pressure, so I guess if you are graduating to a bigger tyre the pressure would be less? Correct me if I'am wrong.
I keep 32psi at front and 30 at back. It is pretty decent though anywhere (path holes, highways, etc..)
Old 10th September 2009, 06:21   #75
asa

I have a Ritz Lxi, On upgrading to 185/70 XM1+ i noticed a clear drop in pick up.The pickup now reminds me of the test drive i took on the Zxi and was pleasantly surprised how responsive Lxi was .
Handling has improved, not yet checked the mileage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks