Originally Posted by sky.tata View Post
Suggestion No. 1>> Skoda..my A.S.S.
Brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Sorry for the late reply, How about a bumper sticker saying

"My other car is a lemon S(k)oda"

Edit: or in Hindi "My other car is a nimbu S(k)oda"

But the Hindi version doesn't get the point that the Skoda was a lemon across. It sounds like he's happy with his Skoda in Hindi.

I personally think you shouldn't carry over that baggage into your new car. So don't get a sticker related to Skoda at all. Why would you want to remember the Skoda every time you saw your new Corolla? But that is my opinion only and nothing more.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 8th July 2009 at 01:29.
Old 8th July 2009, 12:04   #77
BHPian

Congrats Harish !!

Hats off to people like you .. admire your Guts Man !!!

Am sure you would win your battle !

God bless Buddy !
Old 8th July 2009, 12:47   #78
BHPian

Congratulations Harish. You have made a very wise decision by opting for Toyota. Love the sports version's looks. Waiting for the initial report now.

Happy and safe driving friend .
Old 12th July 2009, 17:38   #79

Dear Rehan,
Can you tell me whether any discount they offer at Shinrai. I intend to book one Altis this month.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Hi Folks

I waited for 15 months for the Octavia to come back. (Link to story) Looks like the fight with Skoda is going to be much longer than expected. Like they say " Latho ke bhoot batho se nahi manthe". So be it. No retreat No surrender.

Took valuable advise from GTO regarding buying a new car and reference towards the dealer.

In fact I was looking up the same car GTO suggested. That confirmed my choice. Thanks GTO

I bought the Toyota Corolla Altis on the 18th of June from Shinrai Motors, Mumbai. Due to supply constraints had to buy the H8 sports, although I do not fancy the additions - skirts et al, and to top it had to pay 40,000 more. Shinrai had offered me delivery for the H2 1.8 G in August.

I was finding it very difficult sharing the Esteem with my wife. My business is in Nasik and I have to travel there practically every alternate day. With the advent of rains it would have become still more difficult. Hence had to settle for the H8 sports since it was available off the shelf. Had the first H8 out of Shinrai. In fact I was there when the H8 arrived and took the decision since it was available on an immediate basis.

Initial experience with Shinrai, till delivery has been bang on target. No hiccups of any kind. Good staff, timely delivery, quick paperwork, no surprises etc.

Did not add anything much to the car. Only added sun films and got an anti rust treatment done.

Enjoyed driving the car. Haven't taken it out much. Just about 100 odd kms. Feels good.

I hope the Toyota Altis shuts out the nightmare of the last 15 months with Skoda.

Thanks TEAM for the wonderful support.
Old 15th July 2009, 08:58   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks

I waited for 15 months for the Octavia to come back. (Link to story) Looks like the fight with Skoda is going to be much longer than expected. Like they say " Latho ke bhoot batho se nahi manthe". So be it. No retreat No surrender.

Took valuable advise from GTO regarding buying a new car and reference towards the dealer.

In fact I was looking up the same car GTO suggested. That confirmed my choice. Thanks GTO

I bought the Toyota Corolla Altis on the 18th of June from Shinrai Motors, Mumbai. Due to supply constraints had to buy the H8 sports, although I do not fancy the additions - skirts et al, and to top it had to pay 40,000 more. Shinrai had offered me delivery for the H2 1.8 G in August.

I was finding it very difficult sharing the Esteem with my wife. My business is in Nasik and I have to travel there practically every alternate day. With the advent of rains it would have become still more difficult. Hence had to settle for the H8 sports since it was available off the shelf. Had the first H8 out of Shinrai. In fact I was there when the H8 arrived and took the decision since it was available on an immediate basis.

Initial experience with Shinrai, till delivery has been bang on target. No hiccups of any kind. Good staff, timely delivery, quick paperwork, no surprises etc.

Did not add anything much to the car. Only added sun films and got an anti rust treatment done.

Enjoyed driving the car. Haven't taken it out much. Just about 100 odd kms. Feels good.

I hope the Toyota Altis shuts out the nightmare of the last 15 months with Skoda.

Thanks TEAM for the wonderful support.
Wish you good luck with the car Harishv. This is a purchase you wont regret. I have been a repeat customer for Toyota and that should speak volumes about my trust in them. The car is the 3rd Toyota, the 1st joining our home back in the 70s.

The Toyota experience will be the exact opposite of Skoda. Toyota's dealers are amazing (bar very few) and their after sales is 2nd to none in this country.

The car is nice (she's not sporty) but does everything well, is reliable, fuel efficient, and has long legs to go on inter state distances with ease. Ideal family sedan.

Very happy for you. Good luck and wish you well.

Rgds,
Old 15th July 2009, 11:23   #81
BHPian

thanks guys

manish 123, karizma, mnhegde, R2D2 and BHPians

thanks folks. will post a review soon.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:38   #82
BHPian

congrats!!!!

Hi Harish,

I have been following your ordeal with skoda which started a long way back now. I was going to buy a fabia but backed out by seeing your horrors with skoda. They truly need their A.S.S. kicked out. Best of luck.

Hey and congrats for your new car. Its look beautiful. Nice interiors. Happy driving.

Post a detailed review soon.
Cheers!!
Old 24th July 2010, 09:40   #83
BHPian

One year update

One year plus.

30,000 kms.

I am absolutely content with the Altis.

@GTO - Thank you for the wonderful advice and the reference to Mr. Godrej at Shinrai, Worli.

He has been providing me with splendid service.

What a colossal difference there is between Toyota and Skoda.
Old 24th July 2010, 10:46   #84
BHPian

Harish: You can never go wrong with a Toyota.
Old 24th July 2010, 12:03   #85
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am absolutely content with the Altis.

@GTO - Thank you for the wonderful advice and the reference to Mr. Godrej at Shinrai, Worli.
You are most welcome . After your horrific experience with Skoda, I couldn't think of any better car than the Toyota Altis for you. Fuss-free motoring, outstanding reliability, immensely practical and great service. I bet you haven't even needed to tighten a single screw in the car yet
Old 26th July 2010, 13:47   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You are most welcome . Fuss-free motoring, outstanding reliability, immensely practical and great service. I bet you haven't even needed to tighten a single screw in the car yet
Although I have not driven as much as Harishv , but the above lines more or less sums my ownership experience also with Altis. And best of all the dealer experience has also been very good.

The sleeping Kumbhkaran (Toyota) is now waking up in India. So time to worry for other auto makers in india.

Last edited by akj53 : 26th July 2010 at 13:48.
Old 18th August 2012, 22:20   #87
BHPian

Re: Bought a new car( Altis ) after waiting for 15 months expecting Skoda to see sens

3 years plus update....

81000 kms and rocking. Average about 11. Peace of mind 100%. No issues.

What a car. Absolutely satisfied with a Toyota.

Great service rendered by Mr. Godrej and team at Shinrai.

GTO - Thanx one more time for the advice.
harishv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2012, 00:31   #88
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bought a new car( Altis ) after waiting for 15 months expecting Skoda to see sens

WOW - touche wood

Can you provide more details on the "absolutely satisfied" piece!!
Old 19th August 2012, 00:50   #89
BHPian

This car has not given me any trouble for the last 3 years that I have been using it. No rattling sounds, no breakdowns, constant average, good aircon, good comfort on both the front and rear seating, efficient service centre response etc.

All in all a very pleasant experience.
Old 19th August 2012, 00:52   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This car has not given me any trouble for the last 3 years that I have been using it. No rattling sounds, no breakdowns, constant average, good aircon, good comfort on both the front and rear seating, efficient service centre response etc.

All in all a very pleasant experience.
Well glad to know that you are enjoying your ride. There is a reason why people line up to pay premium for a relatively bare bone Toyota. Hopefully someday Skoda too would learn a few lessons from them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks