Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 19:09   #31
BHPian

Its already been 5 days since you took delivery. Please post some experience details
Old 16th July 2009, 22:42   #32
BHPian

Congrats!! Please post a few pictures on the red Italian beauty
Old 16th July 2009, 23:01   #33
BHPian

^ above . sorry man i didn't take many pics and i kind of broke the rear bumper and made deep dents in the rear right door . so i had sent it to the work shop for repair. i got it today and man the work has be done professionally ! it doesn't look like a repainted door! kudos to the body shop of vst motors!
ill be posting the pics in the weekend!

mods, the title can be changed to car delivered!

Last edited by amulu10 : 16th July 2009 at 23:03.
Old 17th July 2009, 00:16   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulu10 View Post
^ above . sorry man i didn't take many pics and i kind of broke the rear bumper and made deep dents in the rear right door . so i had sent it to the work shop for repair. i got it today and man the work has be done professionally ! it doesn't look like a repainted door! kudos to the body shop of vst motors!
ill be posting the pics in the weekend!
wow! you managed to bang a brand new red punto??? Thats crime maan
however now the panvati of a new car has gone.so no need to worry dude.Drive around with a nimbu mirchi for a few days
Old 17th July 2009, 00:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

you kinda broke the rear bumpers and made deep dents in the rear right door on a brand new car! awaiting the gory details!
Old 21st July 2009, 00:00   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
you kinda broke the rear bumpers and made deep dents in the rear right door on a brand new car! awaiting the gory details!
actually the bumper didnt break but the lock that is used to attach it with the chassis broke.! The door though was a different story hence it had to be repainted. !
With my sis and dad both in town(it hardly happens) i have had little time to take photos! Add to that i am just a beginner who learnt to drive and got the driving permit just a month ago so my dad isn't too keen on me taking the car alone! Ill be taking some pics in the weekend with some good settings!
anyways here are the pics i took before i banged the car.!

more pics with pics of repainted doors to follow!
Attached Thumbnails
MY red italian beauty! Now delivered (Grande Punto MJD)-1.jpg  

MY red italian beauty! Now delivered (Grande Punto MJD)-2.jpg  

MY red italian beauty! Now delivered (Grande Punto MJD)-3.jpg  

MY red italian beauty! Now delivered (Grande Punto MJD)-4.jpg  

MY red italian beauty! Now delivered (Grande Punto MJD)-5.jpg  

MY red italian beauty! Now delivered (Grande Punto MJD)-6.jpg  

MY red italian beauty! Now delivered (Grande Punto MJD)-7.jpg  

Old 21st July 2009, 00:40   #37
BHPian

Well for the ownership report! covered 200+100 kms

I just absolutely love the attention it gets! few days ago i met a guy who got down from his alto to ask about the car. He wanted to buy swift but it seems he likes the solid feel of this car( no offence to swift owners!) hence he was asking me about the details FE etc.! I love it when bikers turn and give a look at my car!
now about the drive!
I learnt to drive in a alto and santro(the only cars i have driven before the punto) so this is definitely more powerful.
just a few observations
1)since we haven't owned any high end car before in fact this is our first car , the plastics is acceptable as long as it doesn't break! Reading the linea threads i am almost waiting for the seat adjustment lever to break! lol!

2)suspension makes a sound when it goes over a big pothole similar to the one reported by linea owners. is it normal or do i have to check.?

3)there seems to be some mild rust around the disk brakes ,not on the disks though . Read in one punto thread that its ok as long as the disk is not rusted.Hope it is normal!

4)the clutch is easy and smooth, reverse is easy with this car after having learnt in a alto! the Brake bite was scary first compared to the old alto i learnt on!

5)water droplets are formed on RVM during rains which makes it difficult to view traffic in the nights even with light tints! a wiper for mirrors would have been nice !

6)steering column makes sound at times (but i dont see it as a problem)when the steering is turned to max left or right and car moved slowly. normal for punto eh.?

7)the wheels look huge compared with other indian small cars! and yeah experienced the huge turning radius already! all i can say is thanks to TEAM BHP, i was ready for it !

8)no problem with rear legroom. i am 5 11. if i sit properly my dad who is
5'9" fits in easily. but the width of the seats is a bit less compared to say a indica( having traveled in taxi a lot this was one comparison and-ve for my dad and mom). Boot is big for my usage!

Life is hard without the manual.! especially i am having difficulty with the operating of ACC
i have a few questions!
1)the dealership guy said no running in is needed. i rev upto 3400k at times for the turbo sound. do i need to take it easy.? is running in required.?
2)any way to protect the underbody of the car from rusting due to monsoons.? any coating possible.?
3)how to fold the rear seats.?

for a person upgrading from a small car say alto or santro like me, this car is perfect. it looks good. plastics are better than the basic A segment cars(i know wrong comparison ! but still this is what i considered before getting the car), the power is acceptable! drivabilty in city is so so easy with this superb steering !
My relatives who where a bit annoying with questions like WHY FIAT ? why not maruti or Hyundai? , seem to have had their mouth shut after i took then for a test drive!
In all one happy customer so far .touch wood!

Last edited by amulu10 : 21st July 2009 at 00:49.
Old 21st July 2009, 01:34   #38
BHPian

congratz dude..!!
thats a red hot punto you got there.
you could go for antirust coating on the underbody.plz go for transperent coat and not black paint.
do run-in the car for atleast 1000kms,do not rev the engine above 2500rpm.vary the sppeeds and RPMs at which you drive.
Old 21st July 2009, 01:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

underbody coating = 313 bucks' bottle of 3M solution. Your friendly guys should do in 800-1000 max.

Revving? Stay within 2500 rpm for first 1000km, change oil then. also vary RPMs continuously - dont stay in one gear/rev for long
Old 21st July 2009, 08:15   #40
BHPian

Congrats on the BOLD decision. I know how people get silenced when they see the car and start raving about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulu10 View Post
just a few observations
1)since we haven't owned any high end car before in fact this is our first car , the plastics is acceptable as long as it doesn't break! Reading the linea threads i am almost waiting for the seat adjustment lever to break! lol!
Its strong enough, I need to use it everyday because my seiat-height goes down.

5)water droplets are formed on RVM during rains which makes it difficult to view traffic in the nights even with light tints! a wiper for mirrors would have been nice !
The Linea has heated ORVMs, Does yr punto have it

6)steering column makes sound at times (but i dont see it as a problem)when the steering is turned to max left or right and car moved slowly. normal for punto eh.?
This is normal for hydraulic power steerings. I asked the service station guys, they said it was some power-steering oil cutting off or something

Life is hard without the manual.! especially i am having difficulty with the operating of ACC
i have a few questions!

a) Press the "AUTO" first, display will say FULLAUTO.
b) Set the temperature by turning the knob
c) Set the AC to be at chest/face level (->)
d) Set the recirculate ON

From next time you start the car, you just have
to press the OFF button.
It will remember all previous settings, only (d) above needs to be done
Old 21st July 2009, 15:52   #41
BANNED

Quote:
a) Press the "AUTO" first, display will say FULLAUTO.
b) Set the temperature by turning the knob
c) Set the AC to be at chest/face level (->)
d) Set the recirculate ON

From next time you start the car, you just have to press the OFF button.
It will remember all previous settings, only (d) above needs to be done
I think even (c) needs to be re-done everytime while switching ON the ACC
Old 21st July 2009, 16:24   #42
BHPian

No need if you use only OFF button for turning the ACC on/off (toggles).
I do this everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I think even (c) needs to be re-done everytime while switching ON the ACC

Last edited by neotraveller : 21st July 2009 at 16:25.
Old 21st July 2009, 16:51   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
No need if you use only OFF button for turning the ACC on/off (toggles).
I do this everyday.
I'll have to recheck this
I also use OFF button to switch off AC & still everytime I've to press that centre/ face air flow button (point c) alongwith recirculation button
Old 22nd July 2009, 17:21   #44
BHPian

Ravi,
Congrats great pics.Maybe ll try out your car this weekend.

Vignesh
Old 2nd August 2009, 19:34   #45
BHPian

I'm right now in the stages of deciding on which car to buy. I am curious as to what happened to your bumper attachment/lock?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks