Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 19:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Why you want to take unneccesary risk ?

Go to any good authorised TASS and get this done well to have total piece of mind.

And dont get a topup, but rather have all new oild filled after emptying the existing stuff.

And still struggling to understand how the gear oil dried up ?

Is there any leak or was it never changed ?
I have a feeling that I need to get an appointment or something at TASS to get it done.Thats why wanted to get it done at any local workshop.

Can I just take my safari to any TASS say concorde and get the gearbox oil changed?

Actually i did not get my safari serviced till now since i purchased it.Assuming it was never changed.
I know i need to get it done as soon as possible.Waiting for the weekend after the next when my relatives would have left bangalore .
Old 20th July 2009, 19:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Actually i did not get my safari serviced till now since i purchased it.Assuming it was never changed.
this is not good, as a thumb rule of buying a used car, you should get it throughly serviced/checked to keep you updated and make sure everything is fine.
And go through the service book too which mentions as per KMs driven/service interval as to what needs to be done at what time so that you know what you should be getting done in case the service people forget.

And regarding the gear oil change, i think it can be done as its not a big task, just show a bit of urgency and dont tell them that you got it tried at a local garage.
Old 20th July 2009, 21:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a feeling that I need to get an appointment or something at TASS to get it done.Thats why wanted to get it done at any local workshop.

Can I just take my safari to any TASS say concorde and get the gearbox oil changed?

I know i need to get it done as soon as possible.Waiting for the weekend after the next when my relatives would have left bangalore .
If you know smeone in the service centre that would make easy for you to get the oil changed.

Concorde will help you out in sortingit out and call them before you go there and inform.
Old 21st July 2009, 10:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
this is not good, as a thumb rule of buying a used car, you should get it throughly serviced/checked to keep you updated and make sure everything is fine.
And go through the service book too which mentions as per KMs driven/service interval as to what needs to be done at what time so that you know what you should be getting done in case the service people forget.

And regarding the gear oil change, i think it can be done as its not a big task, just show a bit of urgency and dont tell them that you got it tried at a local garage.
Thanks sunny for the prompt responses.Will keep the tips in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
If you know smeone in the service centre that would make easy for you to get the oil changed.

Concorde will help you out in sortingit out and call them before you go there and inform.
Thanks Gowda.will call them right up.Any contact numbers?
Old 21st July 2009, 13:52   #20
BHPian

Called up Concorde motors and they asked me to call their service centre people at 66678181 and that number does not even exist
Old 21st July 2009, 14:21   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Called up Concorde motors and they asked me to call their service centre people at 66678181 and that number does not even exist
I know a supervisor at Concorde Hosur Road, called Javed. Tell me if you need his number or if you need a good local mechanic. I stay at Basaweshwaranagar and have a very good mechanic who is honest as well.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

congrats!!!you have laid Ur hands on a nice deal.
You would have checked the vehicle by TASS mechanic before purchasing it.
He would've suggested you the nick & pick of the vehicle and what is stored under the hood for u.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:24   #23
BHPian

Thanks friends for the prompt responses.I knew I would be flooded with helpful tips and info as soon as I share my problem.T-bhpians rock.

Meanwhile I have called up prerana motors on hosur road and they have promised to get the job done tomorrow morning and duration quoted was one to one and a half hour.
Hope they stick to their promises.
Will update the thread tomorrow with my experiences there.

Special thanks to Raghu too.
Old 21st July 2009, 20:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks friends for the prompt responses.I knew I would be flooded with helpful tips and info as soon as I share my problem.T-bhpians rock.

Meanwhile I have called up prerana motors on hosur road and they have promised to get the job done tomorrow morning and duration quoted was one to one and a half hour.
Hope they stick to their promises.
Will update the thread tomorrow with my experiences there.

Special thanks to Raghu too.
Any day any time would love to help anyoneand for The King
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:43   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Alter Ego Congratulations for the Safari that you got for Rs 5.5 L. Thats quite a depreciated price. Safaris depreciate fast. But the SUV you've got has a clean bodyline and looks neat.And 49 K is nothing for these trucks.The original tyres might have been changed for new by now. Its nice to know that you like the 3.0 L DI engine.
Do keep us updated on the truck's performance.
Old 26th July 2009, 10:41   #26
BHPian

Thanks Anjan.

Guys,
Went to prerana motors on friday and was told that some assembly which lies under the gear box needs to be changed.Estimated cost 19.5K.They said that they tried bleeding the gearbox oil and filling in new but still the gear shifting problem is there.

I could not believe my ears.Meanwhile I was in a hurry as my relatives were about to land at the bangalore airport so told the service personnel that I would come in later to get the job done.Going today to concorde motors for a second opinion.
Will update this thread by end of today.

Any suggestions from the safari experts?
Old 13th August 2009, 15:26   #27
BHPian

Finally managed to get the gearbox issues sorted out and completed the servicing of my vehicle at Concorde Motors.
Thanks to Dev(devdath) for providing me with the right contacts.
The gearbox issue was just a spring going haywire and not any major issue as Prerna motors were predicting.Cost to fix this ~2600 rupees.

Thought got many other things changed ..right from suspension,ball joints,brake liners etc.Total cost of service - 18,000.But I am a happy man.The Safari looks brand new..both lookwise(got it waxed from inside too ) and got smoother too.Finally arrived!!! Going to reclaim my life

Thanks to all the buddies on this forum for timely help.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that the issue was sorted out without a major surgery!

So, enjoy your time with your beast!

PS: Time to edit the title and remove any time reference.
Old 15th September 2010, 15:46   #29
BHPian

@MODS - sorry for bumping an old thread. However, I just couldn't prevent myself from doing so keeping in mind the scenario. Please feel free to edit/delete the post if you think it wouldn't benefit the entire community.

@Alter_Ego - dude, you purchased this Safari about 14 months ago, during which you drove it for approx 19k kms and now you are selling it off (Team-BHP Classifieds - Tata Safari 3.0L DICOR - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds) at a price higher than what you actually bought it for!
Whoever said cars are depreciating assets
Old 15th September 2010, 17:23   #30
BHPian

May be because he spent almost 18K on replacing a host of things in that car Plus got Alloy wheels (Though I see them in original pics itself as well)

He has definitely maintained it well plus considering that the buyer wont pay asking price and will negotiate to an extent...his asking price may be good enough

Also, I think its his car and hence his choice to sell at any price and we as a community should not try to pick up these small points...ofcourse unless you are a buyer and are keenly interested in the car...and even then, we should rather send PM or call directly and not use open forum

regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
@MODS - sorry for bumping an old thread. However, I just couldn't prevent myself from doing so keeping in mind the scenario. Please feel free to edit/delete the post if you think it wouldn't benefit the entire community.

@Alter_Ego - dude, you purchased this Safari about 14 months ago, during which you drove it for approx 19k kms and now you are selling it off (Team-BHP Classifieds - Tata Safari 3.0L DICOR - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds) at a price higher than what you actually bought it for!
Whoever said cars are depreciating assets

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks