Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 17:19   #46
BHPian

Go for SC it looks good with alloy wheels
Old 31st July 2009, 17:28   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

I think black looks best on most cars. If it's a BMW, it should be white though. A lambo should be Orange or Yellow and a Ferrari should be, well, RED!

A few years ago, we bought black Corsa. Followed it up with a black Santro. Then a black Pulsar for me and a black Activa for my sis. Then a black Honda City. Only a year back, we broke that chain and got a red Getz!!

Black looks awesome on an SX4. the alloys suit the colour very well IMHO.
Old 31st July 2009, 18:28   #48
BHPian

Not sure whether loyalty bonus is location specific.

I want to exchange my swift for a SX4 but dealers in Kolkata say Maruti is neither giving loyalty bonus nor exchange bonus.

This is putting off my purchase.Aug is the last month will wait,so hopefully hear something good tomorrow
Old 1st August 2009, 11:09   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Not sure whether loyalty bonus is location specific.

I want to exchange my swift for a SX4 but dealers in Kolkata say Maruti is neither giving loyalty bonus nor exchange bonus.

This is putting off my purchase.Aug is the last month will wait,so hopefully hear something good tomorrow
My brother is buying an A-Star in Mumbai. The dealer told him that while there is no loyalty bonus for A-Star, there is a 25K loyalty discount on SX4 for Maruti owners.

Not sure about Kolkata, but Maruti should be wooing you - perhaps you can try writing to Maruti and see if something can be worked out.
Old 1st August 2009, 11:15   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I think black looks best on most cars. If it's a BMW, it should be white though. A lambo should be Orange or Yellow and a Ferrari should be, well, RED!

A few years ago, we bought black Corsa. Followed it up with a black Santro. Then a black Pulsar for me and a black Activa for my sis. Then a black Honda City. Only a year back, we broke that chain and got a red Getz!!

Black looks awesome on an SX4. the alloys suit the colour very well IMHO.
Agree - here is a black SX4 hatch from Russia (source: SX4club.com/ BARS). Looks great.
Attached Thumbnails
Black SX4 Zxi booked. Update: delivery taken, and car being put through its paces.-0620b6e5856d.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2009, 12:40   #51
Senior - BHPian

Mods: inputs needed

Guys,

Am planning to make a few cosmetic modifications. Need inputs on what would look good:

1. Planning to get rear deck spoiler (black) fitted. Found this picture on the net (OEM) - looks pretty cool. Can someone refer a good shop for this?

2. Also thinking of getting a rear spoiler - something not too aggressive. What do you think of the pictures (Dodge, Nissan) below? Any other suggestions?

3. Do you think that a Swift type grill (present in SX4s sold abroad, and in the current GV 2.4L) would look better? See the black SX4 picture above

Other major look and feel change: fatter (225/55/R16) tyres. Wish I had the photoshop skills to figure out what combo would look best.
Attached Thumbnails
Black SX4 Zxi booked. Update: delivery taken, and car being put through its paces.-rearspoiler3.jpg  

Black SX4 Zxi booked. Update: delivery taken, and car being put through its paces.-rearspoiler5.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 3rd August 2009, 18:32   #52
Senior - BHPian

Car reaching on 4th or 5th

Update: car should reach tomorrow or the day after. Plan to go for a pre-registration inspection to the Sarjapur stockyard - probably on Thursday.

If a Team BHPian car guru wants to come along for the PRI or PDI+Delivery (first time I will be doing a pre-delivery check up), he is welcome.

Guys, need inputs on the spoilers...

Last edited by GTO : 4th August 2009 at 10:04. Reason: Please read our rules. Strictly no alcohol on this forum
Old 5th August 2009, 21:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

PRI done!

Back home after doing a pre-registration inspection in the SX4.

In the afternoon I had a last minute argument with the sales guy regarding full payment. I was insisting that I will pay the balance amount on delivery day, while he was saying that I need to pay the complete amount before registration. I spoke to his boss, who supported the sales person. I called up the Maruti regional sales manager and got his perspective also. I was advised to do a good PRI, and then pay the full mount before the registration. Even GTO suggested the same thing.

I was picked up from my house and taken to the Sarjapur stockyard. The salesperson - featured in the first picture- was very decent (he had got to know that I had called the Maruti regional sales rep), and the PRI went off fine. The car was of July 09 make (the chassis number thread helped me in deciphering the code), and everything seemed to be fine. I wasn’t allowed to drive the car though.

Went back to Pratham Motors with the sales person, and signed the registration docs. Made the full payment through cheque. Had a chat with the accessories person about tyres, spoilers and car seats. The MGA rear spoiler costs 10K! And the leather seats – the basic version from Stanley that Maruti sells - costs 30K+. Seems that Maruti has fat margins on the accessories. Refused teflon coating and anti-rust (is this worth it?).

Registration is happening tomorrow. The sunfilm (Nano 50P from Nanolux) and reverse parking sensors will be fitted on Fri morning. Plan to go for the PDI around 11 AM on Friday.

This is how she looked during the PRI. I feel that the SX4 is definitely a she with all those curves. (Wonder if the Maruti Sx4 campaign director is a gay.)
Attached Thumbnails
Black SX4 Zxi booked. Update: delivery taken, and car being put through its paces.-img_5224.jpg  

Black SX4 Zxi booked. Update: delivery taken, and car being put through its paces.-img_5225.jpg  

Black SX4 Zxi booked. Update: delivery taken, and car being put through its paces.-img_5226.jpg  

nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2009, 21:57   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post

Went back to Pratham Motors with the sales person, and signed the registration docs. Made the full payment through cheque. Had a chat with the accessories person about tyres, spoilers and car seats. The MGA rear spoiler costs 10K! And the leather seats – the basic version from Stanley that Maruti sells - costs 30K+. Seems that Maruti has fat margins on the accessories.
30k+ is a huge amount that you would be paying to get the basic version of stanley for your car. You could have opted for factory Leather option on your ZXI for 45-50k more instead. You would have got machine stitched leather on the steering wheel and leather stitched on the door pads as well along with the seats. All this as OE fitment directly from the car-manufacturer.

Anyways my sincere advise to you would be to not take up the 30k leather seats from the acessories guy at the dealer premise. You rather approach stanley directly and for 30k, you could get mid-level Satin leather for your seats and door pads as per your tastes. This would be a far better option.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 5th August 2009 at 22:01.
Old 5th August 2009, 22:25   #55
BHPian

@ Nilanjan, the car looks awesome. I still remember the day, 2 years ago, when I went to pick up my black beauty. I never did a PDI or a PRI as I was not part of Team BHP and was never aware of these things. Now I will definitely make it a point to take all necessary checks for future purchases.

Anyways congrats on your beauty. How I wish I my beauty would still have that shine seen on your car!
Old 5th August 2009, 23:19   #56
Senior - BHPian

@nurni76: Thanks man! I am glad I went for the black one.

@ prince85: Will definitely not buy from Maruti. Planning to check out a few other options e.g. Pensee, Karlsson, Ceralli etc. Heard that they are as good or better than Stanley - and more VFM.

What do you guys think about the spoiler idea?
Old 5th August 2009, 23:41   #57
BHPian

The car looks awesome in black. Maintain her well and drive safe.
Old 6th August 2009, 10:57   #58
Senior - BHPian

[quote=nilanjanray;1418024]Back home after doing a pre-registration inspection in the SX4.

Went back to Pratham Motors with the sales person, and signed the registration docs. Made the full payment through cheque. Had a chat with the accessories person about tyres, spoilers and car seats. The MGA rear spoiler costs 10K! And the leather seats – the basic version from Stanley that Maruti sells - costs 30K+. Seems that Maruti has fat margins on the accessories. Refused teflon coating and anti-rust (is this worth it?).

Nilanjanray,

I too have a Black SX4. I went in for Stanley interiors directly from a Stanley distributor. Leather/ art leather combo ( Leather in touch areas and art leather in non touch areas , door pads, gear knob, steering wheel cost me Rs 22k about a year back. Moreover, you can choose your own colour combination.

You can try the same. Teflon coating is a sheer waste of$$. I went in for it and it seems to be money ill spent.

Lastly, welcome to the SX4 owners club.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:12   #59
BHPian

Magnetic in Black. Put the MGA Skirting on 4 sides for 20K will look good.

Is there a dent on the driver side fender, might be the photo looks like that.

Quote:
Back home after doing a pre-registration inspection in the SX4.

In the afternoon I had a last minute argument with the sales guy regarding full payment. I was insisting that I will pay the balance amount on delivery day, while he was saying that I need to pay the complete amount before registration. I spoke to his boss, who supported the sales person. I called up the Maruti regional sales manager and got his perspective also. I was advised to do a good PRI, and then pay the full mount before the registration. Even GTO suggested the same thing.

I was picked up from my house and taken to the Sarjapur stockyard. The salesperson - featured in the first picture- was very decent (he had got to know that I had called the Maruti regional sales rep), and the PRI went off fine. The car was of July 09 make (the chassis number thread helped me in deciphering the code), and everything seemed to be fine. I wasn’t allowed to drive the car though.

Registration is happening tomorrow. The sunfilm (Nano 50P from Nanolux) and reverse parking sensors will be fitted on Fri morning. Plan to go for the PDI around 11 AM on Friday.

This is how she looked during the PRI. I feel that the SX4 is definitely a she with all those curves. (Wonder if the Maruti Sx4 campaign director is a gay.)
Old 6th August 2009, 11:45   #60
BHPian

Quote:
@nurni76: Thanks man! I am glad I went for the black one.
Congrats Nilanjan, welcome to SX4 club. Black colour looks awesome. Ensure that you maintain her shine, a good paint protection and regular wax would do the trick.

Quote:
@ prince85: Will definitely not buy from Maruti. Planning to check out a few other options e.g. Pensee, Karlsson, Ceralli etc. Heard that they are as good or better than Stanley - and more VFM.
As mentioned by Prince, dont get anything from dealer. Accessories shops give you more option and better pricing IMHO. It does take time but it is worth the effort spent.

Quote:
What do you guys think about the spoiler idea?
SX4 boot is short / sloping and also spoiler might interfere with your rear view. You can get a lip spoiler at best, but not sure it would look very good. I dropped the idea of getting a spoiler.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks