Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 22:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

So as per your esteemed opinion, are you saying that it is a dumb idea? :-)
Old 21st July 2009, 23:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Completed the paperwork for financing today. The HDFC guy promised to come in the morning, and finally came in the evening after numerous follow up.

Went through the fine print, and refused to sign a couple of papers e.g. the one that says that I have defaulted, and HDFC can do XYZ etc. Amazing what the financiers try and get away with, hoping consumers will sign anything in front of them.

HDFC took 3 cheques as 'security' from me since I opted for ECS. Each cheque was 3X of EMI, so the 3 cheques come to 9X EMI. Is this a standard practice?

They also tried telling me that disbursement would happen automatically without my go-ahead! When I pointed out that the agreement states that my approval is needed, then they started nodding.

So one more milestone crossed. Now waiting to hear from Pratham Motors about expected date of delivery.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 21st July 2009 at 23:42.
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Update 19/7

(Mods, can You change the title to: "SX4 Zxi booked (update: now going for black instead of sunlight copper)"

Spoke to Maruti regional office, and came to know that the sunlight copper colour would take at least one month to come. Reason: SX4 shares the assembly line with Swift and Dzire, and sunlight copper is in low demand (and absent in Dzire), so they only start work on a sunlight copper lot if there is enough demand. Moreover, apparently there were some issues with production sometime back, so there is no sunlight copper in stock.

Was tired of uncertainty and waiting, so sent an email to Pratham telling them that I wish to change the colour to black.

Expect that delivery should happen by end of month or early next month.

Nilanjanray,

Do you have a driver. Dust is very visible on black and the car ends up looking very dirty real soon ( I have a black SX4 ). Mainianig a black car is a challange in out dusty conditions.

If you ave a druver , he can keep the car clean. Other colors are much easier to maintain.
Old 23rd July 2009, 22:30   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Nilanjanray,

Do you have a driver. Dust is very visible on black and the car ends up looking very dirty real soon ( I have a black SX4 ). Mainianig a black car is a challange in out dusty conditions.

If you ave a druver , he can keep the car clean. Other colors are much easier to maintain.
Yes black is difficult to maintain, but on a sedan especially SX4 black looks awesome. The color enhances the presence of the vehicle significantly. I also own a black SX4 and I feel it is the best among all colors in SX4

All the best to you and hope you get your dream car soon
Old 24th July 2009, 10:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

No. I don't have a driver - don't like being driven (my wife tried, and finally gave up sometime back). Will have to maintain it myself, or give proper instructions to the local car washer.

My current car is black, and I love black - only issue is that scratches show up easily. But will have to live with that I guess.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 24th July 2009 at 10:14.
Old 25th July 2009, 19:28   #36
BHPian

nilanjanray -

Did you took the delivery? What is the road tax paid? Is it calculated on original ex-showroom price or on discounted ex-showroom price? Logically it should be on discounted ex-showroom. Did you check that with the dealer?
Old 25th July 2009, 20:07   #37
Senior - BHPian

Car was apparently despatched today from factory - will get to know for sure on Monday. Pratham says that car will reach Bangalore around 2nd/3rd Aug.

@ Marathp: not sure about the road tax. Will find out and let you know.
Old 26th July 2009, 22:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Am planning to put a Swift type meshed grill in front - can anyone suggest a good place in Bangalore for this and other small modifications?

Also, a question - will skirts reduce ground clearance, and if so, by how much?
Old 27th July 2009, 10:44   #39
BHPian

@ nilanjanray

As per RTO, tax is paid on net invoice value. Hence, if you are getting a discount of 40K you should be paying around 6K less road tax. Dealer will not agree to it; as per him tax has to be paid for original ex-showroom value. Please confirm.
Old 27th July 2009, 11:33   #40
BHPian

Sx4 Ground clearance - reg

Quote:
a question - will skirts reduce ground clearance, and if so, by how much?
Yes, skirts on Sx4 does reduces ground clearance. I think it reduces the original clearance from 190mm to 150-160mm. So you need to think twice if you going to places like rough roads, jungle etc...

The front skrits will end-up rubbing the ground quite often, but black color will have an advantage here. Scratches wont be that visible on black skirts
Old 27th July 2009, 13:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariharanea View Post
Yes, skirts on Sx4 does reduces ground clearance. I think it reduces the original clearance from 190mm to 150-160mm. So you need to think twice if you going to places like rough roads, jungle etc...

The front skrits will end-up rubbing the ground quite often, but black color will have an advantage here. Scratches wont be that visible on black skirts
Thanks...in that case, will junk the idea of skirts. Besides, I am not Scottish.
Old 27th July 2009, 14:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks...in that case, will junk the idea of skirts. Besides, I am not Scottish.
Skirts will definitely nullify the advantage of GC SX4 have.

I suggest look for Tyre upgrade instead. Current JK Tyres are pathetic and very noisy.
Old 27th July 2009, 16:06   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Skirts will definitely nullify the advantage of GC SX4 have.

I suggest look for Tyre upgrade instead. Current JK Tyres are pathetic and very noisy.
Yes, I am planning to upgrade to 225/55/R16 Continental CPC2 tyres.

Btw, latest news: car despatched, in transit. ETA: 4th or 5th Aug.
Old 27th July 2009, 16:51   #44
gpa
Senior - BHPian

[/quote] Am planning to put a Swift type meshed grill in front - can anyone suggest a good place in Bangalore for this and other small modifications? [/quote]

The change to the Swift grille is a DIY if you are that type, else you can buy the grille off the MGP retail store on JC Road and have it fitted at one of the shops there. Else, you can head to Evo in Ulsoor and contact Satya for the mods that you require.
Old 31st July 2009, 17:09   #45
Senior - BHPian

Update: delivery order and bank loan have reached the dealer

Checked with Pratham and got to know that HDFC sent the DO + money yesterday.

The car should arrive in Bangalore on 4th or 5th. Plan to do a PDI (first time for me).

Btw, Pratham told me that a Sunlight Copper is also expected to arrive in the next few days (too late for us though - once we changed our decision to Black, don't want to go back to SC). So if there is anyone interested, please contact Pratham.

Am curious to know what forum members think: will Black look better on SX4, or will Sunlight Copper?

Last edited by nilanjanray : 31st July 2009 at 17:14.

Most Viewed