Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 10:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

The car looks good. Congrats !! BTW The Linea is now available in this grey color and guys its a drool material already !!
Old 27th July 2009, 10:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hey Many congrats.

One of the best looking color in punto.
I too saw a Same color punto dynamic MJD in my office premises.
If i would have currency,i have booked that car as my second car(To the world-For my beloved wife)
Now planning to do some extra work to earn money.once get enough amount,A punto will be in my garage.

Enjoy and Ride safely.
Old 27th July 2009, 14:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

The car looks great in Black & little dull in Grey color.
Anyways enjoy ur ride.
Old 28th July 2009, 20:46   #34
BHPian

Update--

As observed by my driver and in his words,""kahin kahin plastic bahut halka aur ghatiya de rakha hai""
Do i need to translate? i think not. Mark "kahin,kahin","sab jagah nahin".

The steering is the best thing about the whole of the car[for me,subjective opnion],the feedback and accuracy is unmatched,but to a common buyer that won't matter.
The rear parcel tray locks are something that the quality assurance people at the fiat plant need to pay more attention to.In short the locks are quite flimsy and of substandard quality.
Rear view visibility is quite poor. Its a pain in the neck,not the ***,that is covered by the sporty front seats. The tuning radius is similar to a bolero.

Any suggestions on sun films?what type? what make?And where in Delhi if anyone knows.
I am used to the 400 rupee ones ,but i want to install some good quality films this time around.

Overall the car's coming along nicely.
Old 28th July 2009, 21:22   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Update--

Any suggestions on sun films?what type? what make?And where in Delhi if anyone knows.
I am used to the 400 rupee ones ,but i want to install some good quality films this time around.
Good sun control is from 3M RE 35 considering that the delhi police penalises dark tints. the last time i was there in delhi in 2007 this rule was in force. else you can go in for the premium Huper Optik Films with 99% heatblockage even at 50% visibility. sadly i couldnt install the film on my car as they werent available with anyone locally
Old 29th July 2009, 00:47   #36
BHPian

Congratulations, was at the dealership a fewdays back and they told me you'd got your car.
The thud sound is due to abs I'm told and is common to all lineas and puntos.
Haven't heard it in other abs vehicles though.
Rear parcel tray locks are ok in mycase, the seats though(front) are creaking. Highly irritating.
Old 29th July 2009, 08:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions on sun films?what type? what make?
I have got a comparison of sunfilms in a xml file posted in my fiat flamenco red linea thread in 3 rd page i think you can have a look for getting the right perspective.
are you going to install front windscreen sun film too?
Old 29th July 2009, 09:05   #38
BANNED

Do be aware that certain films will block cell phone reception also. if you need to be using cell while inside car then its better not to go with such films
Old 29th July 2009, 09:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

First of all, many Congratulations on choosing and getting a fine automobile!

I've heard that Delhi summers are really intense. If that's the case, I'd suggest go for a good transparent film like V-Kool 70 for the front windshield and for the other glasses you can fix a basic 3M or Lumar. The upfront cost will be high (about 13-14k tops), but it will reduce your AC usage substantially. Also, please wait till the rains are over before you do the filming.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 29th July 2009 at 09:30. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 29th July 2009, 15:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I have got a comparison of sunfilms in a xml file posted in my fiat flamenco red linea thread in 3 rd page i think you can have a look for getting the right perspective.
Can you give me the link as am not able to find it.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8700 View Post
Do be aware that certain films will block cell phone reception also. if you need to be using cell while inside car then its better not to go with such films
This is a first for me. Well i learn many new things on t-bhp everyday so one more today
Kindly Elaborate more on this.
Old 29th July 2009, 15:32   #41
BANNED

@harry

did a forum search here is what that popped up.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...n-sunfilm.html

you can do a wiki search too. since its already mentioned in forum no need to mention wiki stuff
Old 29th July 2009, 17:48   #42
BHPian

Even i heard somewhere that metallized films block phone-reception.
3M RE series is metallized.

I took risk and put RE35, but no issues with cell reception
Old 30th July 2009, 21:05   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Good sun control is from 3M RE 35 considering that the delhi police penalises dark tints. the last time i was there in delhi in 2007 this rule was in force. else you can go in for the premium Huper Optik Films with 99% heatblockage even at 50% visibility. sadly i couldnt install the film on my car as they werent available with anyone locally
The cops are really really strict these days,they rip off films that are a even a percent lower than the 70 percent mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Congratulations, was at the dealership a fewdays back and they told me you'd got your car.
The thud sound is due to abs I'm told and is common to all lineas and puntos.
Haven't heard it in other abs vehicles though.
Rear parcel tray locks are ok in mycase, the seats though(front) are creaking. Highly irritating.
Thanks man,they alloted me someone else's car,i haven't heard the thud in any other car with abs as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Thank you so much for that comparison,got the file from your thread.
Yep,i am going to install the front windscreen film too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas8700 View Post
Really?,*scratches head*,thats a first.
thanks for letting me know,will keep it in mind during the purchase decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
First of all, many Congratulations on choosing and getting a fine automobile!

I've heard that Delhi summers are really intense. If that's the case, I'd suggest go for a good transparent film like V-Kool 70 for the front windshield and for the other glasses you can fix a basic 3M or Lumar. The upfront cost will be high (about 13-14k tops), but it will reduce your AC usage substantially. Also, please wait till the rains are over before you do the filming.

Cheers,
Vikram
Thank you,yep,waiting for the rains to subside to get the films installed.

Update @500kms,

Got a gift from a rikshaw-wallah. Grease on the front left bumper,scratches and the bumper just came out a little from the socket.

The car is giving an average of around 12 kmpl in the city,and i am not revving it hard. In fact,i haven't ever gone above 2.5 rpm,so don't know the reason behind this figure. Maybe this is the reason itself.
Any tips on getting this figure up??

As a first time diesel owner,torque is so much fun!!I am just adjusting my driving style to less downshifting.

More updates in just a bit.
Old 4th August 2009, 20:27   #44
BHPian

Update@1000 Kms

I'll make it as concise as possible.

1st gear-- useless.
2nd gear -- useless.
3rd gear -- hehehehehehe.
4th gear -- more hehehehehe.
5th gear -- just when you thought your jaw will misalign with the hehehehehe,well there is a sound from the car,and it goes,"my son,this may look like a maserati,but it isn't,so just cut it,buy a abarth."

Neela aur main a.k.a blue and me,floors everyone,it works flawlessly for me,and everyone has different names for the lady,for example mona and lalita[uggghhhhh....],No-ones interested in the car after this system activates.
All i get is "can i pair my phone?".....answer-"no."

"Average kya hai?",after being 'interviewed' seven or eight times on the road, well signori,i am getting about 12 kmpl with an average speed of 19km/hours on the trip computer."yeh delhi hai mere yaar,bus traffic hi traffic mere dildaar......."

The steering,for anyone who loves driving,the feedback of this steering can't be beat. Nope,no competition at all. Best steering,best suspension setup,this side of 10lacs.

Niggling issues?
None,so far,hopefully it remains that way.

Sales Age- Rama motors Okhla states,about 65-70 punto's being sold a month,and linea sales are getting cannibalized due to this car.80% Mjd's.

There's a guy called pete,and he is coming soon to stay over,i suggested the engine bay is quite a nice place,and the guy by the way is a box.

And come on smile now.

Last edited by smilenow : 4th August 2009 at 20:43.
smilenow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2009, 21:00   #45
BHPian

Quote:
There's a guy called pete,and he is coming soon to stay over,i suggested the engine bay is quite a nice place,and the guy by the way is a box.
So is the Petes box for Punto already available?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks