Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 20:23   #46
BHPian

Again an outstanding effort Sid. I don't know how you have the patience and time to attempt this. I am sure no Auto mag has attempted to do this before.
However, I am a little sad that some of the ratings here are inconsistent with your earlier one done for the MJDs.

Am quoting some examples to prove my statement and taking 2 cars as examples as they featured in the earlier one as well. (I am taking the example of 2 parameters that don't change with engine type)

Ritz in the space and comfort section in the earlier review scored 5, while in this scores 6. Similarly Punto scored 7.5 in the earlier, while here it scores 7. So Punto is scoring lesser here.

In boot space Ritz scored 5 and punto 8 in the earlier review, while here Ritz scores 4 and Punto 7. While the difference between Ritz and
Punto is maintained, overall the scores are affected.

I know it takes a herculean effort to maintain consistency when you are comparing so many cars, but when there is a definitive verdict with
ratings, it is imperative that scores on parameters that don't change with type of engine remain consistent.

So my point is that while the efforts are definitely laudable,inconsistencies make it a little controversial. Please don't mistake me as trying to find fault. It is just that the forum deserves such high quality. Anyways fantastic effort..good show and many auto magazines need to learn a lot from you.
Old 27th July 2009, 20:38   #47
BHPian

@sid, Congratulations on this wonderful job.

Man, you got a hell of patience
Old 27th July 2009, 20:54   #48
BANNED

Wow that was some comparo. This really sums it up. Great for someone wanting to buy a car. No need to start a new thread. Just read this and decide. Now I need to read the Diesel comparo. Sid as some people pointed out, this was better than the Diesel comparo, you can add the missing bits there.
Old 27th July 2009, 22:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

This is even more detailed than the diesel review.
Good job!
Am not a petrolhead so wont try to judge right or wrong here but i do appreciate the effort which has been put in to make this report.
cheers!
Old 27th July 2009, 22:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

A big thanks for all of you who have appreciated these threads!

Yes, it did require patience but I hope that since still I am bad with numbers, I may be forgiven for this,cause after all, rating, is not so easy as It sounded for me before conducting these comparos.

I did expect it to be controversial and debated, but still I am on the learning stages and hope to improve when doing more comparos, should time permit.

, my username truly lives it up to the nomenclature-Indica.
When launched, it was plagued with so many issues which were surely rectified in the coming years by tata motors in V2 and its evolutions.

I almost share a similar philosophy and upcoming comparos will slowly be better, even though niggling faults will take time to improve.

till then, enjoy reading!
Old 27th July 2009, 23:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Great work dude!!

My dad has given me a October deadline on deciding which car to buy!(have to decide from Punto1.4 and Hyundai i20 1.4)

I was totally confused on which one to go for!
After reading the first page, I was pretty much confident that its the Punto, but after going through the second page i20 also caught up to the Punto! :(

Now I'm again confused! :(
Old 28th July 2009, 07:54   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
A big thanks for all of you who have appreciated these threads!

Yes, it did require patience but I hope that since still I am bad with numbers, I may be forgiven for this,cause after all, rating, is not so easy as It sounded for me before conducting these comparos.

I did expect it to be controversial and debated, but still I am on the learning stages and hope to improve when doing more comparos, should time permit.

, my username truly lives it up to the nomenclature-Indica.
When launched, it was plagued with so many issues which were surely rectified in the coming years by tata motors in V2 and its evolutions.

I almost share a similar philosophy and upcoming comparos will slowly be better, even though niggling faults will take time to improve.

till then, enjoy reading!
Learning stage or not, your reviews are a lot mature than ones attempted by auto shows and mags. Most of them follow a set pattern of presenting a vehicle and thrust a verdict without any choice of interaction. It is here that your reviews have more value as they are in an open forum and subject to adulation as well as criticism, which I feel will makes your reviews only more constructive. Keep up the great work, so that novices like me can benefit.
Old 28th July 2009, 11:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review there Sid! Well done and many thanks for the effort.
The 0-100 timings, where they measured by any timing equipment?

Much appreciated.

Cheers
Old 28th July 2009, 12:41   #54
BHPian

Great review Sid!!congrats on the hard work you have put in.

I personally feel the fusion too should have been included but again it suffers from a serious identity crises!!
Old 28th July 2009, 14:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

Good work Sid! that was quite a in-depth review. You must have spent quite an effort to bring out that review.

Your review directly co-relates to the sales figure, means that your views on cars are more or less matches the expectations of majority of Indian car buyers.

No wonder I am seeing lot more i20’s & Ritz here in Bangalore.

I think auto enthusiasts are not in line with your views hence there not many replies to this post as I expected.
Old 28th July 2009, 15:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

scoops to internal info's to reviews to diesel premium hatchbacks to now petrol ones, wow sid going strong each passing day and pouring very helpful and useful information one would have thought for.Keep doing your good work and thankyou for your inputs.
Old 28th July 2009, 18:00   #57
BHPian

Great review Sid!

But disappointed that i10 was not included! Was there any reason why it missed out?
Old 28th July 2009, 19:41   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post

But disappointed that i10 was not included! Was there any reason why it missed out?
I agree, if the Ritz could be there, I'm unsure why the i10 Kappa was left out!

That said, fantastic effort and comparison review. I cannot imagine the time and effort that would have gone into this. Kudos.

(Please add the i10 Kappa into the lot as well)
Old 6th August 2009, 21:14   #59
Senior - BHPian

Coming up next: Scorpio VLX ABS VS Xylo E8 ABS.
Old 6th August 2009, 23:39   #60
BHPian

Outstanding is the word Sid, not even any automagazine would have these kind of detailed and unbaised reports!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks