Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 11:47   #91
BHPian

Great Work Sid,

the Chevrolet Aveo 5 is named Aveo UVA in India.

Regarding the gear box, from my experience, Chevrolet is better compared to Maruti.
Old 14th August 2009, 17:16   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
It would have been very helpful if you managed to click some photos of those cars you TDed. Good that you found a car of your liking. congrats on your purchase.
Hey thanks. Just read the thread through and realised mine is not an appropriate entry in this thread. I do have photos of all the cars but will post it in the test drives section. Do you know how I can delete this entry ?
Old 14th August 2009, 18:04   #93
BHPian

Please include i10 kappa !

great review indeed, sid!
Your review gave great insights into the hatches.I especially was astonished to see the boot capacity of jazz! (the pics showing a bicycle and 3 baggages in the boot)

But i think it is incomplete without including the hyundai i10 1.2 kappa! Its a competitor to ritz and few others models here.Though i understand that it is a B segment comparison,i10 kappa is sorely missed out here.It would have been exhaustive if it had been included !

As somebody in this thread pointed out earlier,i10 suffers an identity crisis !!

Last edited by kums : 14th August 2009 at 18:09.
Old 14th August 2009, 18:59   #94
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kums View Post
great review indeed, sid!
Your review gave great insights into the hatches.I especially was astonished to see the boot capacity of jazz! (the pics showing a bicycle and 3 baggages in the boot)

But i think it is incomplete without including the hyundai i10 1.2 kappa! Its a competitor to ritz and few others models here.Though i understand that it is a B segment comparison,i10 kappa is sorely missed out here.It would have been exhaustive if it had been included !

As somebody in this thread pointed out earlier,i10 suffers an identity crisis !!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tz-1-2-kb.html
Old 18th August 2009, 00:35   #95
BHPian

Good review but I disagree when you say that the Jazz performs better than the swift. I have driven both cars and though the swift is nowhere as refined as the jazz, the swift pulls really well. The swift can be quite annoying to drive on gradients with the air-conditioner on as compared to the jazz.
Old 18th August 2009, 20:22   #96
BHPian

Good work,
Really wants to know which of the small parts of punto you found falling.And for breaking i will rate punto 10/10 one really have test drive the car.
1.Punto has better legroom than i20
2.Simplly no words to describe the ride and handling of punto again you have to drive it to belive it.
3.About engine never dirven a punto 1.4 but had a test drive of linea 1.4 and which is execllant engine with great refintment and a throty roar after 4000 rmp and its the same engine with punto
4.Also I personally love the door design of punto its ergnomically perfect,just rest your hand on armrest and the windows controls perfectly reached by your fingers and alos its classy in design.
5.Also great fog lamps
Old 19th August 2009, 11:35   #97
BHPian

Excellent work, It needs a lot of research,knowledge and patience for such a detailed review. Much appreciated sid
Old 19th August 2009, 13:27   #98
Senior - BHPian

Coming soon:

A comprehensive road test of a brommobiel. Watch this space.
Old 19th August 2009, 13:33   #99
BHPian

wow, one more from Sid, looking forward for your write up. Keep it spicy.
Old 19th August 2009, 18:39   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
wow, one more from Sid, looking forward for your write up. Keep it spicy.
The logic of 1,00,000 need not necessarily be spicy, but informative..
Old 20th August 2009, 15:44   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
sid, I'm not sure how the fiat scored more on the ownership than the vista. I have a feeling that fiat owners suffer more at TASCs than us tata owners
Totally agree on this one Greenhorn! My Indica gets better treatment than my Palio 1.6.
I think its more to do with the familiarity of the mechanics with Tata products and the lack of it for Fiat cars!
Old 22nd August 2009, 18:04   #102
BHPian

This is an excellent unbiased review with loads of information. It helped me in buying my Ritz Vxi.

Thank you SID and Thank you Team-BHP.
Old 30th August 2009, 20:09   #103
BHPian

I took a time to go over the thread and found that true effort has been put to compile this. I really appreciate the un biased tone followed, unlike the magazines or other forums, which tend to incline. I would recommend this thread to be given a space on the homepage and deserves a thumbs up as well.

I can vouch that the information is very comprehensive and would serve as as "bible" for perspective buyers. More commenst to this thread would really make this a detailed guide that would be attracting people to Google sidindica.

few things that can be done:-
1. i10 does deserve a nomination. What if it thinks its "Aamir Khan"
2. Pls do include links to suggestions that people give regarding the info on your report.

Thought:- How much time did you spent to compile this exhaustive study.
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:21   #104

Good effort!!!!
Here-in Human choice is left out and the fact that all new cars are amazing as have to perform in overall sense. Thus i give Fiat-punto and Hyundai i20 worth considering for a buyer.
I am going thru this tough decision of buying a car from this over crowded place
I personally rank Punto higher than i20....but then its personal .That is why i said "Human Behaviour is imp"
Old 5th September 2009, 11:51   #105
BHPian

Great review Sid !..

A similar review of diesel hatchbacks would cover all the hatchbacks available on offer india and these two threads in combination would be very helpful.
Because, many of the new buyers are confused with the diesel and petrol options.

One of my friend took 3 months to decide (petrol or diesel) and finally settled with Fiat Punto Active.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks