Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2009, 15:02   #46
Senior - BHPian

Ghostrider, wow loving each chapters you are posting in time frame.You could consider automobile journalist sometime, what say?
Keep updating mate and awaiting to read more of your ICE part.
Old 3rd September 2009, 15:23   #47
BHPian

And slowy the mystery unfolds! OK, lad when we gonna get to read the ICEy Chronicles?Looking forward to it a lot earlier though with pics!
Old 5th September 2009, 19:55   #48
BHPian

Yeah, what happened to the ICE transformation GR? This could be a turning point in my decision as I am still stuck between an active and emotion pk punto, purely because of ICE.
Old 6th September 2009, 09:22   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Wow, chapter II is even better than chapter I. Are you a script writer, coz you write like one? Could you divulge some more details about your ICE. It seems to be economical and also seems to sound well.
Thanks! If only I could have scripted my life instead of the Transformation Chronicles.. The ICEy Chronicles, soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Nice! .... interesting read.
Bring the next chapter on!
You'll get to see some pics next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Superb!
I liked those leather seats. Especially those front seats.
Awaiting ICE pics.
Glad you agree with my taste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Ghostrider, wow loving each chapters you are posting in time frame.You could consider automobile journalist sometime, what say?
Keep updating mate and awaiting to read more of your ICE part.
The Ghost_Rider was many things before today!
ICEy chronicles to follow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
And slowy the mystery unfolds! OK, lad when we gonna get to read the ICEy Chronicles?Looking forward to it a lot earlier though with pics!
Seems to be painful wait for you. BTW, where's your update on the first Linea E+, to get ICED ? You've got all your ingredients, where's the Soup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Yeah, what happened to the ICE transformation GR? This could be a turning point in my decision as I am still stuck between an active and emotion pk punto, purely because of ICE.
The Ghost_Rider does not understand the cause for your dilemma. You can easily ICE the E+. Check out pranava999's thread on ICE for his Linea; you'll get the picture.

Are you planning on changing your OEM HU(if you buy the E+) and hence worried about the Blue&Me ?
Or are you just planning to add an amp, better speakers, and a sub or two and want to know how the OEM HU sounds?
Old 6th September 2009, 12:57   #50
BHPian

Chapter 3 : The World is my Oyster, and I am the Pearl in it.

11th of June, 20009: the date when I could expect to take possession of my Linea. The date was today; the wait was finally over.

9:30 am: The staff was making its way into the dealership, and the Sales Manager had yet to arrive. But it didn’t matter, because my car had arrived. A quick call to Aditya confirmed that the Vocal White Linea in front of me was indeed mine. The little boy inside of me wanted to jump for joy, but the Ghost Rider would have none of that; he has his own way of expressing his Emotions! There will be time for jubilation later, but first an examination was due.

A thorough check (PDI list thanks to TBhp) on the car from all possible angles revealed no issues or problems of any kind. I just wanted to get in and drive away. Just then the Sales Manager walks up and says “Come Sir. Let’s finish the paperwork.” Papers signed, balance payment cleared; now could I get in and drive away? No, not yet! There was no way I was going to drive around with that nondescript silver grill.

But now that she was legally mine, the Transformation could start.

First item on my to do list: The Nose Job.
Attached Thumbnails
Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-100_3266.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-100_3268.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-100_3269.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-100_3270.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-100_3271.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-100_3272.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-100_3275.jpg  

Old 6th September 2009, 13:56   #51
BHPian

And off it went to the paint shop. The Silver paint would have to be sanded off, primer applied, and then painted in Hip Hop Black. Should have been done by the evening, but the paint on the fog lamp covers and the lower grill had blistered. The Paint shop in charge was apologetic and wanted another day to do the job properly.

11th changed to 12th. Back at the workshop, it seems the Black didn’t want to stay on the fog lamp covers; it had blistered again. Thankfully, these issues hadn’t plagued the Grills. Decision made to buy new fog lamp covers (black ones from Active variant) and paint those instead. The cost for a set of fog lamp covers, Rs 90 only. Confirmed with the Stores Manager that these were indeed genuine? “Yes Sir, Rs 45 for one”. That’s unheard of! Anyway, back to the paint booth with these new covers, hoping the Hip Hop Black will take a liking to its own shade. This time it did. And now the bad news! By the time the paint was dry, it was time for the workshop to close and no time to fit these back on the bumper and mount the bumper back on the car. Another day gone.

12th changed to 13th. It was the 13th of June, and a Saturday on top of that! The Sales Manager questioned my decision to take delivery of the car on a Saturday! ”SHANIWAR nu Loha nahi landey!” he quipped. Old wives tales to me. Saturday, the 13th ; A very auspicious day for the Ghost_Rider.

Let the mounting begin!
Attached Thumbnails
Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-100_3286.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-100_3290.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-100_3292.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-100_3293.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-100_3295.jpg  

Last edited by ghost_rider : 6th September 2009 at 13:58.
Old 6th September 2009, 15:04   #52
BHPian

The car looks briliant with the black grill and fog lamp covers. How much did it cost to paint them in black?
Old 6th September 2009, 16:05   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
The car looks briliant with the black grill and fog lamp covers. How much did it cost to paint them in black?
Thanks! The total cost was about Rs. 3,000(including the price of new fog lamp covers). I could have got it done cheaper from road side painters, but wanted the Hip Hop Black Linea color and that too painted in the paint booth.

cheers
Old 6th September 2009, 16:09   #54
Senior - BHPian

GR, wow the transformation of grille looks cool with its shade, yes better then original silver finish.Transformation seems to have just begun.
Old 7th September 2009, 14:47   #55
BHPian

The problem with making the soup is in finding time to go meet the right brew master, who can brew the right concoction and bring out the best from the various ingedients ensuring the satisfaction of the palette. But I do assure you one thing, it's going to happen soon. It's been due for a long while now!

Last edited by pranava999 : 7th September 2009 at 14:52.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:01   #56
BHPian

Hey GR did you require a relay for adding the headlamps or just a straight replacement?
Old 9th September 2009, 15:34   #57
BHPian

Relays and wiring harness is needed if we deviate from the OEM bulb wattage. I've replaced the OEM bulbs with the Philips Crystal Vision 4300k bulbs , H1 and H7, with same 55W specs. So no relays are required.
Old 9th September 2009, 15:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

The transformation really looks good with Black paint job on the grills.
Try to add a custom spoiler lip(SX4,Laura etc) to the boot.It will enhance the beauty well.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:52   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Just drooling at the black grill on a white Car.

Looks fantastic.
Old 9th September 2009, 17:56   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Black grille is looking superb on the white Linea. Why dont you add a black spoiler for contrast to enhance the beauty?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks