Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 11:13   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
Hi friends
I had to go to home town on emergency and was away for a couple of weeks. As it was unplanned I really had to rush and just before leaving my apartment I realised that I didn't have my car key(key with remote). I came back yesterday from my home town and searched everywhere in my apartment but no use!. I contacted Metro ford and they are quoting 5000/- for changing the key block. Hence my next trip may be to Hubli show room that too just after completing one month of ownership. But I may have to postpone it as I am not well. I am very reluctant to handover my Fiesta to a driver for getting the key block changed.
sorry to hear about the key! I was told a new key with remote would cost around 3k by our sales person in case it was lost! INMO, 5000 is a little too expensive!! apparently, the reason it costs a bomb is because, every ford key is security coded to the ignition system. so, a new key means re-programming the system!
Old 16th September 2009, 11:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thats something rarely heard situation. How the key is missing just like that ? Have you searched the house well ? As long as the car is parked in the house, key should be within the house itself. You have the spare key anyway, it will do all the work except remote lock/unlock. So, dont hurry to get the new key now. Take your time and search everywhere. Just for the sake of it, open the car and search inside too. Your kid is aged enough to assist you in the search, I am sure.

Dont hurry to go to Hubli. Even if you search for the whole week and find it somewhere, you are saving 5k, so its worth the attempt. Just my opinion. I wish there was a key-finder chip built-into the remote key ! Happy searching !!
Old 16th September 2009, 21:39   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I wish there was a key-finder chip built-into the remote key ! Happy searching !!
If SX4 can have key finder option then Ford should able to provide this facility!
Old 17th September 2009, 09:31   #34
BHPian

Quote:
I am reading the owner's manual and have noticed that it asks specifically to keep the original profile of the tyres. It also says that if you change the tyres you have to take the vehicle to the dealer and get the ECU reprogrammed. Any body done that? How it is going to affect the performance of the car?
@gksunil: Congo for getting the Fiesta. Its an awesummm car to say the least. Feels powerful and very very smooth with a lovely engine note when revved hard. Btw: The Kolkata dealer has told me that any changes to the tire i.e. change in profile could lead to the suspension warranty being void. Wasnt too concerned since i'm goona be getting 195/55/R15 on the S. Do check with others as well.
Old 17th September 2009, 11:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

I think you can locate the key if you search hard---nobody who finds it, if lost, can make use of it for any other purpose.
I found my remote key missing within a month of buying the car---I searched hard and found it in my trouser pocket that was lying in a bucket of clothes immersed in water and detergent---it was lying there for about 20 minutes or so.
To my good luck, it is working without a hitch so far--I have not even changed the batteries so far.
After that incident, my wife meticulously scans pockets before giving clothes for washing.
Gksunil---best of luck to you.
Old 18th September 2009, 13:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I searched hard and found it in my trouser pocket that was lying in a bucket of clothes immersed in water and detergent---it was lying there for about 20 minutes or so..
You were lucky atleast it was not in a machine doing its rinsing spin which would have taken the life out of anything (even the clothes) !

If someone gets the original key, he can steal the car, unless he has a professional security to guard his residential area. According to what he told me on phone, security guys keep changing every now and then, so they may not recognise the owners of every car inside. Special instruction with the car number printed and given to the main gate is the only option until he gets the original.
Old 9th October 2009, 21:50   #37
BHPian

vinyl flooring

Hi Guys. I have been feeling low for a long time due to missing key. I even couldn't make the trip to Hublifor getting the lock changed due to heavy rains and flood. It was a sunny day today. Hence clicked a few pics of the vinyl flooring done on the car. It cost me about 1750/-. I am posting them.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford fiesta 1.6 ZXi-Paprika Red-dsc01988.jpg  

Ford fiesta 1.6 ZXi-Paprika Red-dsc01989.jpg  

Ford fiesta 1.6 ZXi-Paprika Red-dsc01990.jpg  

Ford fiesta 1.6 ZXi-Paprika Red-dsc01991.jpg  

Ford fiesta 1.6 ZXi-Paprika Red-dsc01993.jpg  

Old 10th October 2009, 11:10   #38
Senior - BHPian

@gksunil - sorry to hear that you lost the original key. Keep searching, I feel you will find it.

Vinyl flooring -seems nice work. In my previous maruti car I did fix the vinyl flooring - with this, it is quite easy to clean the area. And it is good during rainy period-no worry that mats get wet and eventually a bad smell will come from inside (if the vehicle is used long in heavy rains and people are getting in/out frequently there are chances the mats become wet very fast and unless it get dried out, there will be some bad smell?). But the problem is,after few months or after couple of seasons i.e
rain,winter,summer the material gets little rough (the soft nature goes) and chances are to get cuts/cracks in the foldings?

I too have in mind this idea of fixing the vinyl flooring for my new fiesta!

Cheers.
Old 6th November 2009, 07:48   #39
BHPian

First Servicing done
I got the first servicing done almost 10 days early in calculo Ford Panaji.
The service station is very busy and I did advance booking for a slot. I reached there at 10:00 hrs and it took one hour for completing the formalities. I asked them to make the car ready by 13:00 hrs and they agreed. But didn't even start washing when I reached there at 14:00 hrs. Hence I asked them not to wash it and took the delivery. All other checks were completed.
Now the total cost of first service; 10000/-!!!
Break Up
Hotel accomodation in Panaji=3000
Food for me and wife and kid =2000
gifts for wife and kid=3000
petrol=1000
petrol for me=150! damn cheap
misc= the rest( includes 500/- spend in Inox for seeing a total dumb movie London Dreams!)
at caculo Ford=zero!
Now that's what I call a free service .
Old 6th November 2009, 13:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Looks like money well spent---especially the 'petrol for me' part!

I was just curious---isn't Hubli closer to Karwar?
Old 6th November 2009, 19:56   #41
BHPian

Thnak you vnabhi. I planned the first service as a treat for my family for letting me buy the Fiesta! Hence all the expenses.
Hubli is 150 km via dandeli (some parts non motorable) 135 km through jungle narrow road
Panaji 135 km excellent road. Hence the decision. All these distances are from my place. From karwar, Hubli is 160 km and Panaji is 100km.
Old 6th November 2009, 23:39   #42
BHPian

I was shocked when I read 10K for first service!
This is the best service which one car can get and on top of it to have such a "Fida" owner

Hope your car is travelling on regular petrol
Old 7th November 2009, 12:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thnak you vnabhi. I planned the first service as a treat for my family for letting me buy the Fiesta! Hence all the expenses.
Hubli is 150 km via dandeli (some parts non motorable) 135 km through jungle narrow road
Panaji 135 km excellent road. Hence the decision. All these distances are from my place. From karwar, Hubli is 160 km and Panaji is 100km.
Ok that means you live somewhere near Karwar, and not in it. I was remembering you when we drove to Panjim from Jog Falls last month via Karwar, but alas I did not have internet access.

BTW, how come there is no review so far from your pal Z-Axis? I think he works in Kaiga. Someone needs to add his name to the list of Fiesta owners compiled elsewhere in this forum.
Old 7th November 2009, 21:21   #44
BHPian

I remember adding his name once in some thread. He is very busy with annual shutdown jobs here. He is going to first service in the coming week. He is ahead of me in finalising the seat cover. I think it is Europa variant of G-Sprt. I will decide after seeing his seat cover. Liked the Lustre variant though, but beige color is not available!
Old 8th November 2009, 00:37   #45
BHPian

wow, so a vacation for your family each time the fiesta goes in for service!! sounds like fun!!

my regards to Zaxis!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks