Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 12:09   #46
BHPian

congrats for your new beauty. Even I fell in love for this car, 1st time I saw it at BU bhandari. Its indded the best looking car under 10 lacs Rs. Somehow controlled myself from buying it as I am extremely happy with my 3.5 years old NHC ZX. I could not find a single reason to sell off my NHC so brain finally won over heart
I am surprised to know that you were getting backache after long drives in NHC ZX. Touchwood, I never had this problem. I had done several long trips including Pune to Goa(abt 525 Kms in 7 hrs). Tooks 2-3 small breaks in between for tea and clicking photgraphs but never had any backaches or fatigue.
Anyways, enjoy your new drive and do post a detailed comparison between NHC and Linea. It will be good for guys like me to take a decision.

Last edited by zoom2_ash : 25th August 2009 at 12:11.
Old 25th August 2009, 13:49   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Sure, pm me for my number. The only accessory I have had fitted is reverse sensors and they have done a very god job with that. I do not plan on sun-film for a while so that I am sure the rattles are not due to Fiat workmanship. I plan to shop around for seat covers before making a decision. I quite like the fabric feel of what is provided but I know it will get soiled sooner or later.

As far as tips: Please do a Pre-delivery Inspection using TBHP checklist irrespective of the dealer you are buying from ( A friend just picked up his Linea on Sunday and realized the AC is not working). I did not have anything major but few cleaning/sticker removal problems which could have been irritants.
Also, if you get the insurance directly, you will save 7-8K on the insurance.
Since I'm a "newbie" so far, I don't have the privilege to PM members. But I guess I can receive PM. So if you don't mind, would you please do that?

Thanks a ton.
Old 25th August 2009, 16:35   #48
BHPian

Now Pics Added

Ok, so I finally got some pics. Hope you like them
Attached Thumbnails
Oh no! Another Linea Story-sdc10068.jpg  

Oh no! Another Linea Story-sdc10069.jpg  

Oh no! Another Linea Story-sdc10070.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 25th August 2009, 16:38   #49
BHPian

Some More Pics

Fiat Linea Emotion Pictures Part 2
Attached Thumbnails
Oh no! Another Linea Story-sdc10071.jpg  

Oh no! Another Linea Story-sdc10072.jpg  

Oh no! Another Linea Story-sdc10074.jpg  

Oh no! Another Linea Story-number-edited.jpg  

Oh no! Another Linea Story-sdc10021.jpg  

Oh no! Another Linea Story-sdc10040.jpg  

Oh no! Another Linea Story-sdc10066.jpg  

Oh no! Another Linea Story-sdc10026.jpg  

Last edited by Pragmites : 25th August 2009 at 16:41.
Old 25th August 2009, 17:02   #50
BANNED

dude
what deep shine gloss you got there. amazing
Old 25th August 2009, 17:10   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
dude
what deep shine gloss you got there. amazing
Thanks. And that is without any coating. I think a little bit of yelling at the filthy state of the car at PDI time got me an extra coat of waxing
Old 25th August 2009, 17:21   #52
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!. the car is great. why did you open the door when it is raining
Old 25th August 2009, 17:53   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Congrats!!. the car is great. why did you open the door when it is raining
Opened it after it stopped raining. Just to show no water seeping in to Linea
Old 25th August 2009, 18:47   #54
BHPian

Hey Nice pics. Which Parking sensor you are having
Old 25th August 2009, 19:17   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I see in the picture that the indicator of the parking sensor is mounted on the right side edge of the dashboard and the front windshield.

I suggest a better position : on the rear view mirror

this will prevent you looking at two different places while parking.
you can look at rear view mirror + indicator at the same time.

check whether next time when you are in TASS for service, they can move this
Old 26th August 2009, 11:24   #56
BHPian

Quote:
do post a detailed comparison between NHC and Linea. It will be good for guys like me to take a decision.
Zoom, Sorry I missed your post. Yes I will do a NHC/Linea Comparison once I have done a drive on the Expressway. But I did do a 100km(return) drive towards Mulshi and so far no back-ache.

Quote:
Hey Nice pics. Which Parking sensor you are having
These are dealer fitted (and apparently) Fiat approved sensors so they won't affect warranty. the brand is Acorn, which also has a 1 year warranty.

Quote:
Hi, I see in the picture that the indicator of the parking sensor is mounted on the right side edge of the dashboard and the front windshield.

I suggest a better position : on the rear view mirror

this will prevent you looking at two different places while parking.
you can look at rear view mirror + indicator at the same time.
Thanks Star Vega. I have deliberately put it on the right edge, so that it is inconspicuous. Rear sensors help mainly when there is less than 1m space behind, at which time I look primarily at the sensor monitor. Nothing is visible in the rear view mirror anyway at such a short distance.
Old 27th August 2009, 13:47   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
hey pragmites,

First of all ..thanks for your write -up...i almost ***pt.

i would like to ask you one thing...this noon, i drove my friend's linea for about 50 kms...whenever i acelerated, the engine used to roar...i mean the engine noise was a loud...as if ITS A CLUTCH DRAG , is it so in your car too ?

pls do let me know.
When I saw your post, I couldn't understand what you meant. But of late I have been getting 2 different noises from my linea. The firstis kind of a hissing like air escaping on pressing the accelerator. The second is a much louder noise almost like a diesel engine. This happens with quick acceleration ( any gear, any speed).
Have just emailed a list of problems to BU Bhandari and requested a workshop appointment for Sat 29th. Awaiting a response.

BTW, seat height problem has also surfaced.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:53   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
The firstis kind of a hissing like air escaping on pressing the accelerator.
You heard it with windows open? Gad gad type sound is from exhaust which comes when we press throttle and is more evident in Linea.

Quote:
The second is a much louder noise almost like a diesel engine. This happens with quick acceleration ( any gear, any speed).
The roar (groan from the engine) is a charatceristic of this 1.4 petrol engine. The sound turns high when you cross 3000 kms and in cabin you can hear it out.
Some people hate it, i like it as it sounds like a rally car. On a highway trip, took my Linea in 3rd gear and pressed accl, engine went all way till 6000 rpm revving happily. The engine note at 6000 RPM should be experienced by everyone once.
Old 27th August 2009, 17:01   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
The roar (groan from the engine) is a charatceristic of this 1.4 petrol engine. The sound turns high when you cross 3000 kms and in cabin you can hear it out.
Some people hate it, i like it as it sounds like a rally car. On a highway trip, took my Linea in 3rd gear and pressed accl, engine went all way till 6000 rpm revving happily. The engine note at 6000 RPM should be experienced by everyone once.
I like this roar. I think its very sweet. Atleast to my ears

There is a 3rd sound though, at a speed above 130 kmph i.e. tyre/road noise. I do not like that!!
Old 27th August 2009, 17:07   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
There is a 3rd sound though, at a speed above 130 kmph i.e. tyre/road noise. I do not like that!!

ROFL, yeah yeah. Yesterday i was in a mood to enjoy, ACC at full speed, music at 16 and all new bolly songs. Touched 150 and at that speed tyre noise wasnt there thanks to all Halla inside.

Amit, the Goodyears are very grippy tyres. Michelins are silent but read they sacrifice handling for no noise which i dont like. These tyres are noisy but grip is phenomenal. Would really like a 120-130 bhp Linea, the chasis and handling can easily take that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks