Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 15:00   #31
BHPian

As you all aware that i too was complaining of this Seat Issue, squeaking sounds while driving, I had made numerous visits to Bimal Whitefield for the issue but was never solved and would say they don't have technical expertise at all in this matter. However now things have changed for me and i went to Other MASS.

Today i visited the RNS (Unit 1) Yeshwanthpur Bangalore, for the driver seat squeaking issue. Met one Mr. Gowda, works manager. I explained him about my problem, we test drive the car but the issue was not occurring as he was driving, Then i told "i will drive" and he can listen to the same. As soon as i started driving, the seat started squeaking and he noted it. One more observation is that he was short and more over 15kgs lesser than my weight.
due to this the squeeking didnt occur while he was driving.

Then he called his seat mechanic and informed the issue, he took the car for about 45mins and came back stating that he oiled/greased the springs and tightened 2 nuts which was loose and informed that the issue is resolved. Then i took the test drive and found no issue at all. I hoped the issue was resolved. i would keep a watch on this issue and will notify if it occurs again, hopefully not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
This is perfectly normal - I had the same query initially.

I am planning to upgrade the headlights to Xtreme Power or Osram Night Breaker. Let me know if you are interested in doing the same - can try to get a joint deal done.

Am also facing irritating noises from the seats after I adjusted the height. Didn't fully go away after the first service. Are your seats alright?
Old 26th August 2009, 15:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02 View Post
As you all aware that i too was complaining of this Seat Issue, squeaking sounds while driving, I had made numerous visits to Bimal Whitefield for the issue but was never solved and would say they don't have technical expertise at all in this matter.
I must say Bimal Whitefield is a crap. I would never go again there. However do not own SX4 I have Maruti 800. After servicing I had to visit 3 times to correct same problem. All of those Service Personnel are not much educated.

Good to hear that your irritating problem gets solved. I also prefer now to go to MASS. Any good MASS near Whitefield?

One news I should give, I am following all SX4 threads religiously so this is my next upgrade from my 800.

I must say congrats to all of you proud owners of SX4.
Old 28th August 2009, 10:31   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
This is perfectly normal - I had the same query initially.

I am planning to upgrade the headlights to Xtreme Power or Osram Night Breaker. Let me know if you are interested in doing the same - can try to get a joint deal done.

Am also facing irritating noises from the seats after I adjusted the height. Didn't fully go away after the first service. Are your seats alright?

I didn't think about changing the headlights yet..Is it really required? How much it will cost?

Regarding noises, I didn't face anything from the seats yet. But on rough roads, I could hear some one off minor noices hear and there. Cannot really point out from where and what. I am paying too much attention to the noices around, it also could be because of that.
Old 28th August 2009, 11:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

[quote=marathp;1454042]I didn't think about changing the headlights yet..Is it really required? How much it will cost?

Well, depends on your usage. If you drive mostly in the city, perhaps not. X-treme Power would cost ~ Rs. 800/pair. I plan to try them out.
Old 28th August 2009, 17:48   #35
BHPian

OK. From where are you getting x-treme power? Check with them regarding discount. I will also join.
Old 28th August 2009, 20:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

I am getting them from the official Philips dealer (currently they are out of stock). Don't think that he will reduce the price below 800 though - will try nevertheless.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:38   #37
BHPian

I got two shockers over the weekend on my SX4

#1. I have given my car to affix sun film on saturday and on the way back through Sarjapur-Hosur road, while descending a hump car abruptly stopped and all electricals got disconnected including lights, horn etc. Absolutely nothing was working. It was not a crowded road and I was on the left side hence avoided major chaos. Thank God.

I called up the on road service and they said they will reach in 1 hr, then I requested for some over the phone help. He asked me to check the battery connection. I opened the bonnet and checked the same. To my disbelief, the wires connected to the battery were pretty loose. I tightened it and it worked. Service guy mentioned that accessories people will disconnect the battery to disable the center locking while doing some work and that could be the reason for this. Is it true? Anybody has any idea?

I was totally disappointed with this incident, as I never had any problem with my santro in the last 8 years (not even once); Here within 2 weeks I had to contact the on road service..

#2. When I opened my bonnet, realized that rodents found a 5 course meal in my car.Battery cap and some of the electrical wiring they have tasted. Luckily nothing major as of now. Anybody know how to keep them away? I haven't faced the same with Santro yet, May be they like SX4 better? anyways, I lost my sleep and peace of mind now..

Last edited by GTO : 31st August 2009 at 16:37. Reason: Strictly no more than 2 smilies per post please
Old 31st August 2009, 10:48   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
Linea - I still admire this car. But unfortunately due to the longer turning radius, parking in and taking out of my lot is a real pain. On top of it absolutely no support from the dealer
Congrats on your purchase.

My understanding is that the Linea's turning radius is not too different from that of the SX4, atleast on paper. Correct me if I am wrong ...
Old 31st August 2009, 11:00   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Congrats on your purchase.

My understanding is that the Linea's turning radius is not too different from that of the SX4, atleast on paper. Correct me if I am wrong ...
But even small change makes a lot of difference in tighter spots; and may be it is the design too.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:32   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Service guy mentioned that accessories people will disconnect the battery to disable the center locking while doing some work and that could be the reason for this. Is it true? Anybody has any idea?

#2. When I opened my bonnet, realized that rodents found a 5 course meal in my car. Battery cap and some of the electrical wiring they have tasted. Luckily nothing major as of now. Anybody know how to keep them away? I haven't faced the same with Santro yet, May be they like SX4 better? anyways, I lost my sleep and peace of mind now..
Sorry to note this bad experience. But I guess lose wires is not a correct thing. I don't believe the service engineers reasoning.

Rodent problem is a big issue. They can lead to complete tear of wiring harnesses leading to greater problems. The only solution I see is to have some Rat poison in the bonnet.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:46   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To my disbelief, the wires connected to the battery were pretty loose. I tightened it and it worked. Service guy mentioned that accessories people will disconnect the battery to disable the center locking while doing some work and that could be the reason for this. Is it true? Anybody has any idea?

I was totally disappointed with t

#2. When I opened my bonnet, realized that rodents found a 5 course meal in my car. Battery cap and some of the electrical wiring they have tasted. Luckily nothing major as of now. Anybody know how to keep them away? I haven't faced the same with Santro yet, May be they like SX4 better? anyways, I lost my sleep and peace of mind now..
#1 is possible, accessories people some time do that

#2 Rat problem can happen in any car, I guess you just bit unlucky.
Old 6th October 2009, 16:51   #42
Untouchables09

marathap

great choice. an All rounder & truly Men Are Back

Old 8th October 2009, 22:57   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchables09 View Post
marathap

great choice. an All rounder & truly Men Are Back
Thanks Untouchables09, I'm enjoying it.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:47   #44
BHPian

2500 KM Update

Yesterday, after 2 months and 15 days, I have completed 2500 KM in my SX4. Guess the official run-in period is over. Here's a short review of the man.

Had a long drive to Kerala immediately after 1st service at around 500 KM. Other than that it was mostly within city.

Highway drive: Absolutely trouble free, revv-happy after 1500 rpm, with excellent GC, you will feel like in total control. Had to maintain around 90-100 as it was in low miles

City drive: Initial gears are bit jerky, takes time to move forward in first gear, but once in 3rd gear moves swiftly

Gear shifting: Not very swift, especially to first gear and reverse. Otherwise it is fine

Fuel Efficiency: Before first service it was around 12.5 KM/L; after first service, highway 14.7 KM/L with 100% AC on. City 11.75 KM/L with 20% AC on. (tank full method)

Max speed: On the highway naturally achieved 120 KM, comfortably. I don't think our highway conditions are good to try anything beyond that. Acceleration is really quick and within a short time it moves to 80.

Breaking: Excellent deceleration, the moment you take out your foot from the pedal, it decelerates very well. Shorter breaking distance is really good.

Music system: Very good, I am enjoying it.
Air Condition: Excellent and very effective

Rattles
: Had a very minor rattle from front left side, as per service center, it is from the window pane and he fixed it and seems to be fine now.

Missing pieces
:
  • Low fuel warning
  • Lights on window switches and steering mounted controls
  • Information on FE and/or DTE
Accessories:

Reverse sensor in rear view mirror
Sun film for windows

Planned accessories:
  • Seat covers (In a dilemma whether the art/leather seats would be better than fabric seat covers. I felt more comfortable with Fabric of my car compared to art leather seats of my friends' car. Any suggestions are welcome)
  • 3M Under body coating: Appreciate if somebody can let me know where in Bangalore I can get it done
Overall, I am very happy with my SX4 and hope the same will continue for long.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

marathp: You've made a sensible decision. its not sedan its a SUV.best for Kerala roads.
change those tires to PP2. It would be more comfortable with ride & handling.
You can easily take it to 160 with confidence.

How is the seating position for the middle person. Is it comfortable?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks