Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2009, 09:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Not a bad odo read
Enjoy
Old 22nd August 2009, 15:05   #32
BHPian

Hi Sam -> Good to know that you were satisfied with T A S S. How did the GP behave on bad roads? Did u feel any issues with GP when u were on a long trip? Was the GP fully loaded with 3 adults in rear seat? If yes, was it congesting or comfortable? How is the suspension and audio system? Thanks.

- Vish
Old 24th August 2009, 11:38   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
sam, your punto seemed to have been through a lot ... off-roading, heavy rain and all.
And some you had to go through fog too!

Hey is that slushy road on the way to Rohtang pass? Man, I will be so afraid to drive there in a normal car.

Enjoy the italian beauty.
Thanks Dear.. yes thats on the way to Rohtang, it was raining & as the work in progress to widen & maintain that road, it was all mud, slush & pot holes. Even I was a bit worried sometimes but you know if Alto's & Spark's(Taxi) can go their then why not GP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Cool dude! Good for you. Guess it was your honeymoon or something. Anyways enjoy !
Nah nothing of that sort, it was just some off time & we are wanderers need just time to be somewhere. Got married 2.5 years ago .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwask82 View Post
Hi Sam -> Good to know that you were satisfied with T A S S. How did the GP behave on bad roads? Did u feel any issues with GP when u were on a long trip? Was the GP fully loaded with 3 adults in rear seat? If yes, was it congesting or comfortable? How is the suspension and audio system? Thanks.

- Vish
Let me answer you point by Point

1. The car was awesome in mountains as it has low center of gravity & with Emotion pack coming with 15" alloys & widest stock tyres the stability was very nice.
2. There was no issue what so ever except for few stone able to reach it from down. May be the Ground clearance is bit low or may be my driving style which is now addicted to Scorpio (3 yrs) can be blamed or may be Both.
3. We were only 2 people so cant say much about rear seat feeling.
4. Suspension was something which is made for smooth roads as you dont expect GP to go offroading so small potholes etc were like we were gliding but bigger one ones were to be dealt very carefully or it may scrap the metal below.
5 Music system & Climate control are two things which i bought emotion pack for (ofcourse airbags as well) so Blaupunkt has done a wonderful job as it suffice almost all the needs of a average music lover.

PS : ABS was fantastic & car was able to stop in half the distance then i expected it to on few occasions where I had panic break & made me feel really confident.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:38   #34
BHPian

Thank you Sam for answering my queries..
Hope you cover more miles on your GP with better than expected T A S S, fun and true satisfaction of buying/maintaining your red beauty ..
Thanks.

- Vish
Old 24th August 2009, 13:40   #35

Great car buddy !
More photos please !
Old 24th August 2009, 13:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

Sam, congratulations on your itilian beauty.Red looks awesome on GP.U are using multijet in full form which is showcased in your pictures.Wishing you happy miles ahead with her.
Old 25th August 2009, 23:30   #37
BHPian

Thanks a lot Guys!!! You really push me to do more inspite of owning a Scorpio for all this. Hopefully will be able to give you few more pics as we move ahead, just did a Agra trip this weekend but nothing so special about it
Old 1st September 2009, 16:57   #38
BHPian

Today I crossed 4000 k mark in the Punto with out any serious troubles, it was like a dream run as expected from a new car. Few challenges posed though

1. My Rear Wiper Blade fell off during the service & when enquired TASS said they will be replacing it but they dont have the part as of now so would have to wait

2. Day before yesterday, Sunday Evening my wife drove the car back home with her friend parked it all smooth. Then we all set around an hour later to go, I pressed the Driver side Window button, the glass scrolled down perfectly but then I switched on the AC, to close the window glass I pushed the button & it would only come up a little & got stuck!!!!!!!!

We removed the beeding & saw the glass was out of rolling line fromt he front side.
Then we got the our one and only Chimta( i dont know what to call it in English) from the Kitchen & tried to settle things as this was 8 in the night. Suddenly with little effort glass fall back to orginal line & there itwas going up & down perfectly as if nothing happened. Voilaaa!!!!!
Dont know why it happened, should I be worried or should I take to Service center.
Right now all is perfect as it should be!!!
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:24   #39
BHPian

Guys!!!

Just updating today I got a call from some survey company who did a detailed survey on my buying exprience of GP.

Has anybody else also got such calls?
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:00   #40
BHPian

Hi Samtheleo,

Not yet, may be only to those owners who have crossed 4000 Mark

Enjoy with your Italian chick
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:36   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Today I crossed 4000 k mark in the Punto with out any serious troubles, it was like a dream run as expected from a new car. Few challenges posed though

wow man, you are going all over on your italian hot hatch, good going.

1. My Rear Wiper Blade fell off during the service & when enquired TASS said they will be replacing it but they dont have the part as of now so would have to wait
ah thats not a good thing to hear but nothing to worry as well, how long has the dealer told you the part would come down at?

2. Day before yesterday, Sunday Evening my wife drove the car back home with her friend parked it all smooth. Then we all set around an hour later to go, I pressed the Driver side Window button, the glass scrolled down perfectly but then I switched on the AC, to close the window glass I pushed the button & it would only come up a little & got stuck!!!!!!!!

We removed the beeding & saw the glass was out of rolling line fromt he front side.
Then we got the our one and only Chimta( i dont know what to call it in English) from the Kitchen & tried to settle things as this was 8 in the night. Suddenly with little effort glass fall back to orginal line & there itwas going up & down perfectly as if nothing happened. Voilaaa!!!!!
Dont know why it happened, should I be worried or should I take to Service center.
Right now all is perfect as it should be!!!
well its good that you used that chimta from the kitchen and the glass was able to fall back to its original place but better do take this thing into your service manager's mind on your trip to replace rear viper and got it placed better for not getting it fall back again.
Happy motering ahead.
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:48   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Guys!!!

Just updating today I got a call from some survey company who did a detailed survey on my buying exprience of GP.

Even I got the call but I could recognize her voice it was customer service manager from concord they try to rate their sale executives. When I told her I know her she laughed and said the fact.
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:52   #43
BHPian

J.D.Power Survey

Quote:
Guys!!!

It must have been a call from J.D. Power

Refer this link, Maruti Suzuki customers most satisfied: JD Power survey

Your survey would be used for the next year results I guess.

Congrats on your red beauty. I am looking to buy a GP MJD or an i20 CRDi, am still weighing the pros and cons of both. As I have no time frame, being a bit lethargic about the decision. Have to TD the GP yet. Already TDd the CRDi albeit for a very small distance. Some RTO approval was pending. Now it should be through. Will go for a longish test drive on both and decide.
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:03   #44
BHPian

awsome pics maan!

Its always exciting to drive through the fog.
Old 3rd September 2009, 18:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
well its good that you used that chimta from the kitchen and the glass was able to fall back to its original place but better do take this thing into your service manager's mind on your trip to replace rear viper and got it placed better for not getting it fall back again.
Happy motering ahead.
Thanks a lot Dude!!! Certainly this is what is going to happen but at that point of time in Night , Nop option really!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
Even I got the call but I could recognize her voice it was customer service manager from concord they try to rate their sale executives. When I told her I know her she laughed and said the fact.
Probably never thought on those lines !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
It must have been a call from J.D. Power

Refer this link, Maruti Suzuki customers most satisfied: JD Power survey

Your survey would be used for the next year results I guess.

Congrats on your red beauty. I am looking to buy a GP MJD or an i20 CRDi, am still weighing the pros and cons of both. As I have no time frame, being a bit lethargic about the decision. Have to TD the GP yet. Already TDd the CRDi albeit for a very small distance. Some RTO approval was pending. Now it should be through. Will go for a longish test drive on both and decide.
Yeah, but she seem to ask around 30-40 questions in which inclination was to know wether Tata - Fiat Sales showroom are pressurising to buy Tata or they are unbiased. Also they wanted to know wether we were detailed about the car, loan experience, delivery punctuality etc etc & so on. So I feel it was from Fiat to gauge wether the actual customers are satisfied or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
awsome pics maan!

Its always exciting to drive through the fog.
Yeah it certainly is & I love doing it, but one & only accident of my Scorpio has happened on a Foggy night so Be careful!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks