Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 19:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics, G Punto looks stunning from all angles!
Old 24th August 2009, 20:31   #17
BHPian

Hey DivX,

Your Punto looks gorgeous in medium grey. What is the OTR price for Emotion version? What insurance quote you got and from which company?
Old 24th August 2009, 21:03   #18
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Congrats !! The colour looks awesome !!
Old 24th August 2009, 21:10   #19
BHPian

Hey Divx, Nice choice of colour there . So what are the mods in line for the beauty? Can you PM me the address and contacts at Car Plaza. Looking for Art leather seat covers for my santro. Thanks in advance.
Old 25th August 2009, 09:29   #20
BHPian

@fast_elegance: Car Plaza (Bangalore) - 9844263541 (Mr Raneet Marlecha). He is Aqualeo2040 friend. They also have a shop in JC road by the same name. He does not even reduce price by 100 /-Rs

Need to go for Sun Film, Fiat's Mud Flaps and Floor mats qucikly. Using a temporary mats right now.

@Gandhi, OTR prices for me is 6.55L Bangalore. After 9K corp discount. I have take the through company leased Policy (CLP) maintained by ORIX. They go with ICICI Lombard. Was not allowed to select the insurance myself. Due to CLP, they have also not given the extended warranty
Old 25th August 2009, 09:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Really love the Grey color.Congrats on the purchase.Pimp her with alloys.
Old 2nd September 2009, 12:37   #22
BHPian

Hi,
I have a question for Punto onwers, My car will due for first service in another 800Km, I need to know
1. Does Punto self lock itself after parking for 5+ minutes or so without using the key remote. Mine does not.
2. Does 'Emotion' version have the rear washer. I see only the wiper in place no water sprayer.
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:19   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by divx View Post
1. Does Punto self lock itself after parking for 5+ minutes or so without using the key remote. Mine does not.
I've a Linea. But thought system will be the same in Punto also

No, car does not lock itself automatically after you step out & close the door. However, a locked car when you unlock it using the remote & does not open any door, it'll locak automatically after say 5-10 seconds. As soon as you open a door, it loses that "Automatic" ability & thereafter you've to lock the car using remote
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
2. Does 'Emotion' version have the rear washer. I see only the wiper in place no water sprayer.
it does have and i have used it. check out the small red plastic in the rear brake light @ the top.
Old 10th September 2009, 11:39   #25
BHPian

@Chuchan: Thanks found it and used. Sorry for delayed reply. I was off for a week and did not check the forum.
Old 10th September 2009, 11:53   #26
BHPian

A week off and 1000KM done

Hi,
I did around 1000Km drive last week from Bangalore-Shimoga-chikmangalore and back.
It was my wife's sister marriage in Shimoga with the boy from chikmangalore.
Bangalore to Shimoga is around 275KM and from there to chikmangalore is around 115KM. Did the the chikmangalore stretch 4 times. Enjoyed the Ghat section drive rich with greenery and Coffee estate. Also had coffee every hour at there home without upsetting the stomach, courtesy the weather.
Had to wash the car every day - as the whole Shimoga town is dug up for road constructions, more over it was raining..
I was able to enjoy all type of roads also in rain. At all conditions Punto was very stable and steady. The breaks worked wonder rains.

Problems:
1. Right Side parcel tray clip got broken due to overloading of luggage when the tray lowered it self while closing the door. Does it have to?
2. Head lights seems not be my liking. Either they are configured low or I need a eye test badly (I already wear glasses).
3. Had to use single lane bridge. Moved too close to bridge wall to give way for on coming bus and had car touched the wall leaving behind a scratch at the end of the left headlamp.
4. 75% AC at fan speed of 3 & 4 make lot of noise. Bit low in cooling the back seats.
5. While returning the last 50Km from Tumkur tollgate to city there was heavy traffic. This give me a lower back pain. Had around 30mins break an hour before. I had been driving for 3hrs in stretch before the break. I have a wooden beads placed over the seat cover. Is it a good idea to use this? ( I am thin, 5' 8" and weigh less then 60Kg)

I could just visit a place called "Mullanagiri", 20KM from chickmangalore town but totaly ghat section and dangerous one. It is the higest point in whole of karnataka. There is Shiva temple at the top for which we need to climb around 300 steps from the top most drivable point. My bro-in-law's new verna crdi with driver and my Punto started to climb. I could get Punto to the top except at one point where I was too scared to maneuver as it was too steep and slant. But the driver guided me and explained how to drive the uphill slants. Used the first gear, hand breaks and Punto did the rest. Only one vehicle in one direction can use the road. Was literally praying for not to face an opposite vehicle. Due to rains the roads were damn slippery.

While returning back, I handed over my Punto to the driver (for the first time every). He has driven all cars from Mercedes to Maruti's and is very good respected driver. He used all his trick on my Punto and abused it to a great extent in such ghat roads and in rain. The car passed the test with flying colors. The driver was very much impressed with Punto's performance and handling. I could feel the silence of the engine and breeze with which the car was cornering when he was driving. I wished I should learn that kind of driving.

My Bro-in-law who drove my Punto earlier in city did not like it as he loves the Verna's acceleration in the first two gears. But his drivers comments changed all his views. He never understood when I was explaining what Punto could do or I did not use proper lines.

With Indian Oil normal diesel, I got an around 17.5KM on highways. My car is now ready for first Servicing.
Old 10th September 2009, 12:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I have a question for Punto onwers, My car will due for first service in another 800Km, I need to know
yes,it will do
but only concern is, after unlock using remote key and not opening the doors and after 1 minute + the door locks automatically.try it.
But it not happens once you open and close the door.
Old 10th September 2009, 12:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Divx, congrats on your minimal grey punto, looks cool in this shade.
i guess you said no extended warranty, why and this is necessary.Its necessary to have the extended warranty before one expires so please do have that.
some interiors pictures with seat covers are welcomed.
Old 10th September 2009, 14:23   #29
BHPian

Thanks @Vijay

My Seat covers are same as one used by @aqualeo. check them here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...to-mjd-10.html

The ORIX guys who are in tie up for company leased policy for our company said - "Since they maintain the car the extended warranty is not opted". I am still scratching my head to figure out what they mean.

Some people have got the warranty by paying from their pocket and they have signed on the receipt. I feel this will complete the things more when a claim is made since the vehicle is in company name.

Any ideas how to obtain the extended warranty for Company leased cars?
Old 11th September 2009, 16:20   #30
BHPian

@aks_karthik, Thanks. I checked the auto lock as you mentioned. It work as you said. But why does it not work other way? Probably the FIAT people have designed it in this way. The logic seem reasonable to me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks