Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 17:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divx View Post
@aks_karthik, Thanks. I checked the auto lock as you mentioned. It work as you said. But why does it not work other way? Probably the FIAT people have designed it in this way. The logic seem reasonable to me.
might be because of safety.
If you miss the key inside and it locks automatically.it's going to be mess.
Usually we don't
if they give this feature,it will help us if we forget to lock the car.
Old 11th September 2009, 18:05   #32
MCR
BHPian

Which is the best looking colour?

1. White.
2. Minimal Grey.
3. Red (my favourite, but afraid of buying, since it attracts too much attention).
Old 11th September 2009, 18:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Black

Oh..another Punto

why not try black. that its difficult to maintain but black punto with RED alloys.. looks HOT!
Old 11th September 2009, 19:51   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Which is the best looking colour?

1. White.
2. Minimal Grey.
3. Red (my favourite, but afraid of buying, since it attracts too much attention).
Nothing beats the Hot babe in Exotic RED
Old 11th September 2009, 20:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
might be because of safety.
If you miss the key inside and it locks automatically.it's going to be mess.
Usually we don't
if they give this feature,it will help us if we forget to lock the car.

Oh yes.
My fiance had managed to do that with her Spark.She left the car with the key in to check something and next thing we know,the car is locked and she's stuck in a dimly lit road at 8 pm in the evening. Thankfully, my ofc was closeby and I managed to reach there in record time.Tried to pry open the doors,but didnt have much luck without the essential tools(a thin metal bar ).Had to wait till the duplicate key arrived from her home which was at the other end of the city.
Fortunately, thanks to Fiat, this will never happen with my baby. Seems like the italians are as forgetful as us.No wonder they added such a feature.

@MCR
I would go for white. She looks absolutely stunning in white.Which variant are you going for?
The contrast of the white body- black glasshouse and the bright red tail-lamps is amazing!Plonk in a set of black alloys with red highlight on the rim..Do i need to say more?

Last edited by aqualeo2040 : 11th September 2009 at 20:31.
Old 14th September 2009, 15:00   #36
MCR
BHPian

I would go for Emotion. I need ABS very badly. In my present car(Santro Xing)I have no ABS and the wheels get locked while braking hard and in wet weather. This is a big risk especially on highways. Concerning the Airbags, I am not very sure and also the budget(7,11,000) is beyond me.

After reading SIDINDICA's review I am now more confident of my Shortlist..

Lets see.
Old 15th September 2009, 15:29   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Oh..another Punto

why not try black. that its difficult to maintain but black punto with RED alloys.. looks HOT!
Check out ma blacky.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1476212-post46.html
Old 18th September 2009, 13:25   #38
MCR
BHPian

Thanks VinZ. Black looks really cool.
Old 22nd September 2009, 09:56   #39
BHPian

@MCR - All six colors chosen by FIAT for Punto are fabulous and a beauty. Each color attract too much attention. But cannot help. On the raod, Many people don't have least respect for the new cars, what ever they many be.

Has your Punto arrived?
Enjoy the bold new drive.
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:16   #40
MCR
BHPian

yes divx, you are right. I may go for Med Grey.
I will book the car only in November.

As suggested by you and VinZ, black does look good. But my parents are not for it. May be Med Grey is the one for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Oh..another Punto

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd September 2009 at 13:23. Reason: back to back posts, use multi quote please.
Old 1st October 2009, 16:56   #41
BHPian

Got First servicing done at Concorde motors, Bangalore. Vehicle Wash and cleaning (inside aswell) was neat. Fixed all niggles problem as indicated. Got under body coating done for 2310/-Rs ( by 3M with 5 yrs warrenty). Is this a wasted of money?
The sales advisor was insisting to go for Surface coating (also from 3M) (Not Teflon coating). I said no for this. I am yet to find out the difference between these two.
Any suggestions?

Still no signs of Mud flaps and mats for Punto in the bangalore .

Getting around 14kmpl in city with 25% fan and 50% AC, was using IOC at that time.

Recently filled the tank full with shell diesel and did around 130km on Mysore road. Got up to 19kmpl for this trip.

There is rattle/squeaky sound from back seats. very difficult to explain in words. That sound is heard even when the car is moving in the neat stretch. Its quite irritating. Not able figure out the exact problem - Have checked the doors, parcel tray, dicky (spare tyre and tools). Under body - not checked still. It could also be moving seats.

Vehicle still moves to the left, even after the problem been worked on. The servicing people have interchanged the front and back wheels.

Concorde & FIAT people followed up decently for the feedback on servicing.

Couple of time the car stopped in low gears in heavy traffic conditions. Had to start the car without waiting for the engine indicators to go off due to mad honking behind my car - Will this affect enigne life?

Using 33psi for all tyre. First 1000Km used 32 psi and felt very smooth, But the SA insisted to use 33psi due to Wheel alignment problem. Manual says 33psi, if fully loaded.

Sun films - not done yet. Little confused here, since punto/linea comes with 70% transparent glass (which other car has this?)
Old 1st October 2009, 21:27   #42
BHPian

3M paint protection is a different thing from so called "teflon coating". Paint protection will keep the paint safe, e.g from direct sunlight, bird droppings etc. tefln coating can provide just a gloss. Going through this thread will surely help you
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ally-help.html
About the back seat, check the seat belts. This has been reported in Linea.
Old 5th October 2009, 15:49   #43
BHPian

The sound problem has been fixed now. That irritating sound is similar to sound old wooden door or chair when they are moved.

It was coming from the right side seat (40% part) (60-40 split seat in Emotion variant) fixed to the handle coming out from the door side. This used to made of fiber for all Fiat vehicles previously (not sure of other make's), but now they started using the metal as fiber would give away after some time.

Solution: The service center guys used black electrical tape around the metal rod. Now the seat fit into the slot firmly.
Old 6th October 2009, 22:27   #44
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divx View Post
I am getting 13.2 Km/l in city and seen 18.4KM/l on highway.

I seems to end up with lugging at 1st & 2nd gears in Diesel cars. Any suggestion for improving my driving style

Just read in other thread about the Instantaneous Consumption would help improving the driving style. This value should high when driving right?
congrats divx. It sure is a great color you have on the punto. Cant wait to see a linea in med grey. The FE is almost similar to what i get is absolutely fine for crowded cities.

As per the lugging you mentioned, I would say shift to second almost as soon as the car gets rolling. The MJD has fantastic torque and after 1500-1700rpm even 2nd will pull nicely. Also to keep the car in a good power band for city use, try shifting after 2000rpm is crossed. This will eliminate the lugging completely.

Instantaneous Consumption helps you control the amount of throttle applied. Try with a light foot on a clean road and then alter it slightly to see the results. You'll be astonished to see the difference in instant consumption with the slightest of throttle change.
Old 8th October 2009, 12:10   #45
BHPian

Thanks @JRD, That sure should help me control the lugging and torque.

Have driven my Punto now to 4100KM. The more I drive, I still feel to drive even more. So went for two drive with different friends just to have coffee at coffee day.

1. First trip was on mysore road on the last day of dasara. Huge traffic on both side. Instead of coffee day, landed up in McDonald (had veggi delight) near Maddur towards Mysore. A total of 60KM (one way). Could manage to hit 120kmph. Watch out for two wheelers (3 people) drag racing on this stretch. They just showup from nowhere.
2. Second trip was on Hosur road. After Hosur on the way to krishnagiri at the 20+KM, there is coffee day to the left. Very nice road, I could touch 140kmph. A total of about 70KM (one way). Had close encounter when a cyclist attempted to cross the road when I was at @120kmph, barely missed him by a feet. Thanked God, otherwise it would have been a hell of day.

After these trips I find that engine becomes more free and silent. I still haven't got her up to 4K rpm.

The last tank full was from Shell and has given me around 14.6kmpl. This include more of city driving apart from those two trips.
Have filled up with IOC normal diesel again.

New problems seen:
1. Right side wiper blade drops with a sound while wiping. Also, The tail end of the same wiper keeps vibrating during the wiping movement.
2. Broke the ORVM glass while trying to look for a parking space in front of Sagar hospital (off Bannerghata Road). The left side ORVM just touched a person right hand elbow. The glass fell down and got shattered. The ORVM frame is intact, but got folded inside (close position). Will post the pics later. I hope there is no damage to mirror adjustable controls/motors. Man of steel indeed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks