Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2015, 14:20   #871
BHPian

Re: Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger_123 View Post
Well the insurance folks are saying any mechanical or Electrical damage is not covered under it.
As far as reason for damage, showroom folks are clueless and are telling some i20 have these issues, and there is no warranty on electrical part failures.

Not sure if company is liable. I even though of exchanging car, but figured out didn't make sense financially and the higher depreciation expected with a newer car.
Hyundai is notorious for these kind of failures.i own a 2010 asta i20 which still has the infamous steering rattle.They should have called a recall for that but somehow they evaded that and fooled all buyers.Other manufacturers have recalled their cars for minor issues, while they have not, fearing their name would be tarnished.No more hyundai for me again.
Old 18th August 2015, 14:38   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Is Insurance not an option? Did you check with them? Am not sure if EPS is covered in Insurance. Please check. Also what is the probable reason SA told for this failure in EPS?

-Ravi
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
Hyundai is notorious for these kind of failures.i own a 2010 asta i20 which still has the infamous steering rattle.They should have called a recall for that but somehow they evaded that and fooled all buyers.Other manufacturers have recalled their cars for minor issues, while they have not, fearing their name would be tarnished.No more hyundai for me again.
No Hyundai for me also vindrider2626. Had my eyes set on Creta, but will wait for Maruti to launch there product. My 60K run Ertiga is absolutely trouble free and with excellent support at showroom. Guess that is the reason Maruti is still king. For now looks like my credit card should be ready for another swipe !!!
Old 30th November 2015, 17:38   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger_123 View Post
Well my 2010 I20 which is 35000 KM driven has run into major EPS issue. The steering becomes tight and EPS light blinks, making it impossible to drive. Error code is EPS motor and module failure. Trident Hyundai recommended to change EPS motor, the EPS module and torque sensor - total damage around INR 38K.

The car is out of warranty and there is no option that to spend this much. This is the last Hyundai am going to buy. The car has been sparingly used that to only 8-10 km per day by wife for commute.

Is there an advice on how to approach this please. I mailed Hyundai customer care and they directed me back to Trident. This is a major safety issue and the service center guy is behaving as if it is normal, and I need to shell the money. Car is currently not being driven as it's not safe, till we get spares.
Going with your description on the usage, could not believe the EPS motor should die so fast. Were you present with your vehicle when the HASS scanned for the DTC codes?

If you can post the actual DTC code, there's something more it could reveal. Your error may be due to wiring issue. How the service center guys are saying it is EPS module failure?

I have had a problem with Vehicle Speedo and that affected the steering a lot. Had to change the service dealer to get some good response and one by one trouble checking. In my case, the problem is intermittent though. The biggest learning for me is the DTC code is not everything. The code gives a clarity on failure. But the root causes could be many. EPS motor in your car stopped working may be due to electrical malfunction. Trident might have bench tested to confirm the issue, but I could not see that in your post. Please clarify when you have time!

Link to issue I faced & resolution: (Vehicle model:2012 i20 Sportz CRDi non-DRL)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3857662

thanks.
Old 30th November 2015, 17:51   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam81 View Post
Going with your description on the usage, could not believe the EPS motor should die so fast. Were you present with your vehicle when the HASS scanned for the DTC codes?

If you can post the actual DTC code, there's something more it could reveal. Your error may be due to wiring issue. How the service center guys are saying it is EPS module failure?

I have had a problem with Vehicle Speedo and that affected the steering a lot. Had to change the service dealer to get some good response and one by one trouble checking. In my case, the problem is intermittent though. The biggest learning for me is the DTC code is not everything. The code gives a clarity on failure. But the root causes could be many. EPS motor in your car stopped working may be due to electrical malfunction. Trident might have bench tested to confirm the issue, but I could not see that in your post. Please clarify when you have time!

Link to issue I faced & resolution: (Vehicle model:2012 i20 Sportz CRDi non-DRL)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3857662

thanks.
Thanks for the post, I went to 2 dealers Blue Hyundai and Trident Hyundai, both places error code was EPS FAIL, I forgot the exact code, but I remember them showing me in there maintenance manuals what it meant. He suggested he will wipe all errors and see if it works, but the problem resurfaced, that's when they told this is a common problem they faced in this model i20, and recommended change. Going to local shop was of no point and as this was a safety issue - my wife already got stuck twice in traffic with jammed steering - went ahead. But yes I could have spent more time investigating if the car was driveable.

On a side note, has been a bad year for me, with my Ertiga synchronizer ring also requiring change just after the Hyundai damage, while I was praising Maruti
Avenger_123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks