Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 11:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

How is the armrest fixed on the cup holder?
Old 16th September 2009, 11:20   #17
BANNED

Congrats on your New buy

Frankly i didn't liked the seat covers at all

Arm rest - Cool
Old 16th September 2009, 11:31   #18
BHPian

Same quesion here, how did the arm rest fit? is it on cup holders?

And where did you get it fitted? I am looking for similar thing for my Xeta but it seems Pune accessories shops do not have one. Is it specifically designed for i20?
Old 16th September 2009, 13:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Love the color & armrest sit well in the center.3K seems to be little on higher side.
Hope it comfortable during long journeys.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Armrest has been fitted very neatly.
Need to search if someone does such a neat job in ncr now.
Old 16th September 2009, 17:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
How is the armrest fixed on the cup holder?
This Arm rest has small cylinder under the visible part, which perfectly fits inside the cup holder and touches to the bottom of cup holder where it has been fixed with four screws. For Arm rest I need to forgo one cup holder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Congrats on your New buy

Frankly i didn't liked the seat covers at all

Arm rest - Cool
Thanks Wildon. I agree with you that those seat covers do not have aesthetic value, but as explained earlier I do not wanted to have leather seat covers as it causes sweating (if you are in Delhi or Mumbai where it takes some time to any car aricon to cool the car it really matters). Also, it may be appears bad in photographs but in reality it do not. This is my personal experience and opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Same quesion here, how did the arm rest fit? is it on cup holders?

And where did you get it fitted? I am looking for similar thing for my Xeta but it seems Pune accessories shops do not have one. Is it specifically designed for i20?
No, as mentioned earlier it is universal stuff can be fitted in any car. I am trying to get model name and manufacturer, will provide those details once I get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Love the color & armrest sit well in the center.3K seems to be little on higher side.
Hope it comfortable during long journeys.
Thanks Ramsagar. If you think of comfort it provides, then you will not find 3K on higher side. Yes, on highway it will be very useful. Infact, it has more utility on highway than in city drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Armrest has been fitted very neatly.
Need to search if someone does such a neat job in ncr now.
Harsh, I got it done in Noida only (currently I am in noida).
Old 16th September 2009, 19:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Anuj, the arm rest looks interesting. I was missing one badly in my i20, can u post some detailed pix of it, and how it is mounted? How is the fit n finish of the product? Does it match the interior colour of the car?
Old 17th September 2009, 13:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Anuj, the arm rest looks interesting. I was missing one badly in my i20, can u post some detailed pix of it, and how it is mounted? How is the fit n finish of the product? Does it match the interior colour of the car?
Hi JayD,

On 1st page (bottom) I have posted some pics of arm rest and the explained on 2nd page on how it is fitted. Please let me knoe if I am missing anything. Further, any one who wants imported one (from uk) you can check this link Hyundai TeamTorquesteer.co.uk cost has been mentioned as 79 pounds. Yes I was also wanted it (I tried for Santro as well but the space is not enough in Santro to have one) and therefore did bit of research and asked car decor shop mentioning that it is available in UK. One thing I found that this shop guy (in Noida) is more enterprising than one I used to deal with in Mumbai.
Old 18th September 2009, 15:29   #24
BHPian

Hi all i20 owners,

I don't know somehow I feel bit heavy now compared to when I got the car. I am not sure it may be just psychological, I mentioned it to service guy at the time of 1st service also at the time of free check-up camp but both of them said it's fine. Does anyone have same experience? Can it be because of Nitrogen gas inflated tyres?

One more humble request to all of you for posting updates of your experience with i20(please ignore who has already been done).

Anuj
Old 18th September 2009, 15:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Anuj, congratulations on your uber cool ownership.Colour looks good and surely a superb product from hyundai.Front arm rest is looking good and a friend was missing this in his i20 as well, your idea was useful.Thanks.
Old 18th September 2009, 22:16   #26
BHPian

Thanks Vijay. Yes Arm rest is very useful but missed by Hyundai same as parking sensor.
Old 19th September 2009, 06:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

Anuj, bhidu, congrats on the new purchase. Looking at the thread title, I thought you got an Onida LCD TV free with the i20.
Don't mind but the seat covers are not going thaaaat well with the interiors. My outlook purely.
And the avtaar pic near your handle is simply amazing. Truely Mumbai.
Old 19th September 2009, 06:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

The armrest is a very good installation - but it does leave the car effectively with just one cup holder. And the rear seats lose what is their only bottle holder. I think I will live without the armrest for that reason.
Old 19th September 2009, 13:39   #29
BHPian

Team-BHP mates.

I am a regular reader of this forum, I get all the information I need here and I took this opportunity to thank each and every one this forum contributors and the hosts.

Congrats! Anuj your car looks great! I am also thinking about joining this i20 owners club, I am looking to CRDi model with 1.4 ltr capacity my doubt is being a diesel engine and more moving components will it be a good option to go for this? as diesel engines have been prone for higher maintenance costs?

I travel daily about 50-60kms and felt the need for a diesel hatch as I live in chennai it will be a better car to handle the space constraints. I would like to go for your suggestions before making my payment.

Also I am planning to go for DSC hyundai chennai...any feedbacks on this dealer please.

Thanks
Old 19th September 2009, 22:04   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Anuj, bhidu, congrats on the new purchase. Looking at the thread title, I thought you got an Onida LCD TV free with the i20.
Don't mind but the seat covers are not going thaaaat well with the interiors. My outlook purely.
And the avtaar pic near your handle is simply amazing. Truely Mumbai.
Thanks Prince. There are no discounts / any thing with i20. Yes, even Wildon didn't liked the seat covers, planning to go for leather seat covers (though I am still skeptical about sweating).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
The armrest is a very good installation - but it does leave the car effectively with just one cup holder. And the rear seats lose what is their only bottle holder. I think I will live without the armrest for that reason.
Sawyer, I agree with you hat due to arm rest we left with one cup holder, you are not using another one for ash tray then probably two. In arm rest there is one cup holder for rear passenger (you can not keep Mineral water bottle but Pepsi can or other soft drink bottle). In my case comfort while driving was more important than cup older, I experience the need of arm rest during my both long trips. Its individual preferences and priorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHummerGuy View Post
Team-BHP mates.

I am a regular reader of this forum, I get all the information I need here and I took this opportunity to thank each and every one this forum contributors and the hosts.

Congrats! Anuj your car looks great! I am also thinking about joining this i20 owners club, I am looking to CRDi model with 1.4 ltr capacity my doubt is being a diesel engine and more moving components will it be a good option to go for this? as diesel engines have been prone for higher maintenance costs?

I travel daily about 50-60kms and felt the need for a diesel hatch as I live in chennai it will be a better car to handle the space constraints. I would like to go for your suggestions before making my payment.

Also I am planning to go for DSC hyundai chennai...any feedbacks on this dealer please.

Thanks
Thanks Thehummerguy and welcome to Team BHP. With regards to your query about maintenance cost, the modern diesel engines are very refined and hence do not increase maintenance bill. The old diesel engines use to vibrate lot and hence maintenance cost use to be high not with modern engines. The CRDi is proven technology. Further, JayD has i20 CRDi 1.4 you can ask him also your queries in his thread.My verdict, if I had patience I would had gone for CRDi any day, it has amazing engine.With regards to DCS Hyundai ( I am not from Chennai) I read on Carwale forum one user has faced some issues, please check this link Hyundai i20 Asta User Review : DSC Hyundai Chennai sucks! - A Review on Hyundai i20 Asta by Brian - CarWale.com. But, I will suggest you go to more dealers and then make decision, one persons experience can not be generalised.

Hi All,

Planning for head light upgrade, shall I go for Philips HID kit or Philips X-treme or 100/90 watts? any suggestions?

Anuj

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks