Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:31   #46
BHPian

Hi Guys, I went for PDI and found the VIN number to be somewhere 9C**** so i told this was march manufactured but the dealer says its september and no such series to decode VIN number what to do please help.
Old 3rd November 2009, 22:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

Hummer, 9C is indeed September. Mine is 9C as well. Aug is B. Jul is A. Your dealer is correct.
Old 4th November 2009, 09:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

My car starts with 9G** and Invoice and other documents reads as car manufactured in August. So presume Ford do not use alphabetical order for month of manufacturing for thier cars. Seems no one knows exact way of decoding Ford Cars?
Thanks
Old 4th November 2009, 10:09   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
My car starts with 9G** and Invoice and other documents reads as car manufactured in August. So presume Ford do not use alphabetical order for month of manufacturing for thier cars. Seems no one knows exact way of decoding Ford Cars?
Thanks
Nair Saab yours is a ZXI and it was already there so 9G could be July and obviously the invoice will say Aug.

But SXI Premium was launched in Aug, hence 9A would be july and so on so forth.
Old 4th November 2009, 11:49   #50
Senior - BHPian

I am not arguing with you.

My Invoicing is on 24th Sept,2009
Documents to RTO shows as manufacturing Aug.2009.
(I never demanded that the car should be Aug or Sept manufactured hence no need for the dealer to mention the manufacturing date wrongly?).

Anyway, shall advise you If I have more details about this decoding.
Thanks
Old 4th November 2009, 14:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
ghodlur, congrats and welcome to the Fiesta brotherhood. . If you had probably waited for another day, we might have known if a ZXi Limited is coming out at the same price of the ZXi. If it does indeed pop up tomorrow, I would recommend that you change your booking to the Limited if you like the features offered.
+
Do you have any update on the ZXi Limited edition?

Whilst I was talking to my dealer this morning, I bring it to his attention but he has no information about the new updration on ZXi. They normally recieve dealer circular in advance with such upgradation programme by the company., But nothing recieved so far regarding ZXi upgradation !
Old 4th November 2009, 15:00   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
Do you have any update on the ZXi Limited edition?
I am going to the dealership at 4. Will ask there.
Old 4th November 2009, 15:11   #53
Senior - BHPian

I hope the ZXI limited edition does not come with wing doors and 5 wheels (5th one in the centre for axle-type U turn) !! I dont underestimate any exciting changes that could come up in the auto sector as the competition is very high and getting mad !
Old 4th November 2009, 16:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Nair Saab yours is a ZXI and it was already there so 9G could be July and obviously the invoice will say Aug.

But SXI Premium was launched in Aug, hence 9A would be july and so on so forth.
Even mine is 9G, it is SXI Premium delivered on 28th September, now what you say guys.

On serious note, don't worry, when my car was delivered I have seen the cars with 9C, 9F and 9G series.

Fiesta is one of the fast moving car (in terms of sales, else Shaju will extract some different meaning), over production of Fiesta in particular month and passing it to customers after few months IMO have minimum possibility.
Old 4th November 2009, 17:05   #55
Senior - BHPian

According to my dealer, in last 30/35 days he sold cars with serials like 9G,9C,9K and
9F - but he is not sure how exactly to decode these letters. But he is well aware that FORD VIN is different than other cars where one follows A for Jan,B for Feb likewise.
So, confusion continues ?
Thanks
Old 5th November 2009, 10:30   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I am going to the dealership at 4. Will ask there.
The rains played spoilsport yesterday. I could not go and neither did the car come. It reached earlier this morning. I am going at 12:30 today. Might run into Stronghold who is taking delivery today.

OT: But not all was lost yesterday. This happened later in the evening. My friend's MJD E Pack. What a looker! We were planning to take it to the Ford showroom and incite some jealousy there. lol
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta Test Driven-linea.jpg  

Last edited by Gilead : 5th November 2009 at 10:33.
Old 5th November 2009, 10:35   #57
Senior - BHPian

[quote=rajeshvin;1562930]
I and many others have changed the stock size tyres from 175/65/R14 to 185/65/R14, Initially I was not interested to change the stock size,I was only interested to change from MRF to Michelin, but it was my destiny when I went to pre-decided tyre shop, the stock size was out of stock and was unlikely to available for one more week, I decided to upsize to 185/65/R14, I can't give you comparative comfort difference between stock size and upsized tyres as I drove stock tyres for merely 18 kms, but the 185/65/R14 Michelin tyres have good ride comfort, less tyre noise and good grip on road.

@rajeshvin Thx for the info. Does your comments mean that changing the tyre size would not absolutely affect the performance, handling of the vehicle. What about fuel efficiency & ground clearance are they getting affected in any way? Ford Dealer has quoted 5K in exchange for stock MRF tyres. I have read some of the Fiesta owners talking about warranty issues incase of change in tyre size. Is it true and what these issues are? need replies fast guys, I have to confirm to dealer by end of day today.
Old 5th November 2009, 12:34   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@rajeshvin Thx for the info. Does your comments mean that changing the tyre size would not absolutely affect the performance, handling of the vehicle. What about fuel efficiency & ground clearance are they getting affected in any way? Ford Dealer has quoted 5K in exchange for stock MRF tyres. I have read some of the Fiesta owners talking about warranty issues incase of change in tyre size. Is it true and what these issues are? need replies fast guys, I have to confirm to dealer by end of day today.
Ghodlur, by upgrading tyres I have not found problem in handling and performance of car rather I found ride quality is very good. If you are upgrading to higher size FE may get slightly affected, say 0.5 to 1 kmpl, mine is diesel and it is giving 18+ kmpl in mixed driving (city + highway).
Ground clearance slightly increases as 175/65/R14 have side profile of 113.75 mm and 185/65/R14 have side profile of 120.25 mm.
As per Ford any upgradation in tyres voids warranty especially suspensions, also it vary from dealer to dealer, some are strict some are flexible, you have to take call, you want to enjoy ride quality and more comfort or don't want to play with warranty.
Old 6th November 2009, 14:32   #59
BHPian

There is some news on the Fiesta ZXi Limited now - Per my understanding, the ZXi Limited will have the following extra fitments:

1. Leather Upholestry - the same one which is there in SXi model
2. Wood Finish Console
3. Leather door trims
4. Internal Door opening Lever - Chrome finished

As of now this is only Petrol version in south (Bangalore) and the OTR for petrol is now 7.59 as against 7.54 earlier. There is no news of Diesel. I am sure Diesel would have been introduced in North. They did similar thing in case of EXi Limited - Petrol was introduced in North and Diesel in South. But later both verisons were available everywhere. I expect the diesel would come a month or so later.
Old 6th November 2009, 14:40   #60
Senior - BHPian

For Rs.5000 extra on the OTR, it is good bargain -you are getting above 4 items which seems good?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks