Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 13:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

The Ford exec is offering me July manufactured engine with chassis no 9A****** available in Morello colour. If not then Platinum is available in 9D******. I need your advise urgently . Should I stick to the colour or engine.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:40   #62
Senior - BHPian

I think you have booked 1.6 ZXI.
Check with dealer about new ZXI variant came last week
1.6ZXi with Leather seats and trim also internal door handle with chrome plate
(more details and photographs are available in 'all fiesta owners - you are here' thread - just see it there)?
Rs.5000 more on the showroom price. Since they have not yet allotted a car for you, I think still you can opt for this new variant.
You stick to your colour which you originally liked for.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:46   #63
BHPian

I would say not to compromise on anything and you are the customer and they are not doing any favour to you. Please ask for the latest and the colour of yoyur choice
Old 11th November 2009, 17:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Guys,

The Ford exec is offering me July manufactured engine with chassis no 9A****** available in Morello colour. If not then Platinum is available in 9D******. I need your advise urgently . Should I stick to the colour or engine.
You should not compromise on both the counts. Ask the dealer to place a new order for the color of your choice.
Old 12th November 2009, 11:16   #65
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

The ford exec has reverted back regarding the engine and confirmed that he had actually recd the Morello colour ZXi in the first week of Nov from Chennai and that had the engine of July. Dont understand the Ford philosophy. The latest despatch from Chennai also contained vehicles with engines manufactured in Sept - Sea grey, October - Platinum. I have been given the chassis no 9K***** for the platinum. Looks like I will have to settle for the platinum since I am running short of time without any vehicle after I sold my Santro. So I have asked for Zxi Platinum which originally was my choice of color but had to bow out to my wife who was interested with Morello. I think the ball is right back in my court, had a tiff with my wife but now settled.
A couple of things I wanted to know
1) Whether Engine no and chassis no for Ford vehicle is same.
2) Would be visiting the Ford Stockyard on Saturday to have a look at Platinum, do I need to do some checking or wait for PDI on delivery and carry out the exhaustive checks.
3) I will be upgrading the tyre size to 185/65 after delivery with an authorized Michelin stores in Thane. Would I be required to do wheel alignment also or wheel balancing would just suffice. Also would there be a need to reprogram the engine managment system after trye upgrade and would Ford do it or can be done outside Ford?

Kindly help.
Old 12th November 2009, 11:40   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Whether Engine no and chassis no for Ford vehicle is same.
Yes. They are the same.

Quote:
2) Would be visiting the Ford Stockyard on Saturday to have a look at Platinum, do I need to do some checking or wait for PDI on delivery and carry out the exhaustive checks.
Check in the yard itself. I could not check in the yard as it was pouring cats and dogs here and yards are generally messy muddy places. I did my PDI at the showroom prior to registration.
Quote:
3) I will be upgrading the tyre size to 185/65 after delivery with an authorized Michelin stores in Thane. Would I be required to do wheel alignment also or wheel balancing would just suffice. Also would there be a need to reprogram the engine managment system after trye upgrade and would Ford do it or can be done outside Ford?
Yes, wheel alignment and balancing are a must after a tire change. Go to a reputed dealer who has the right equipment. Ford may or may not help with the ECU reprogramming. Depends on the dealer. Some may say tire upsize voids warranty and wont touch the ECU. Others may be more helpful. Strike a good rapport with the service advisor and they should be able to do it for you.
Old 12th November 2009, 13:24   #67
BHPian

suggestion: take a good look at the sea grey color vehicle if it's available in the yard, it's a very pleasant color (dark shade) and am sure both you and your wife will fall in love with it @ first sight!

reason i say this is because i feel in the long run, am talking 4-5 years, platinum may lose it's shine!
Old 12th November 2009, 13:33   #68
Senior - BHPian

Not only the sea grey is a new colour in fiesta but new zxi has got new features like
leather seat/trim etc. And you are getting latest manufactured car?
Old 13th November 2009, 11:10   #69
Senior - BHPian

@raamki,
I will definitely keep an eye on the sea grey. In fact the ford exec said there is a sea grey available in Zxi but that was september engine whereas the platinum which is available in Oct engine 9K****.

@nairrk
I would have loved to lay my hands on ltd edition Zxi had i time on my hand. Unfortunately I dont have, since the delivery would be after 15 days min. I already have lost 15 days after I sold my Santro and presently commuting to office via BEST buses, trains etc and the journey is getting horrible day by day. So I have decided that I am going to take the delivery on 19th which acco to my wife is an auspicious day (pls dont ask me why) and hence have to wait for 5 more days before I could give my Fiesta a big hug and sparing me the ordeals of rush hour jostling.

I enquired with one of car accessories dealer (who furtunately turned out to be my school buddy) and he has leather vinly seat covers which are almost 80% close to ZXI ltd edition seat covers for 4.5K acco to him. I dont know how true this is but I will verify this weekend.
Old 13th November 2009, 13:05   #70
Senior - BHPian

@Ghodlur

Yes iIndeed, it is finally your decision.
Go ahead and get her on the promised date and become a PROUD Owner.

So hope to hear about the delivery and your experience and few photographs
in a week's time !

As far as accesories are concerned, you may check the other threads and see the price and quality of different accessories mentioned therein.

Cheers !
Old 16th November 2009, 08:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Had gone to Ford Stockyard on Saturday to check my Platinum beasta which is about 16 kms from Thane Ford showroom. Took the pleasure of driving an Diesel SXi to the stockyard. Upon reaching the stockyard I was shocked. The stockyard appeared as it lying in a meadow surrounded by tall grass and cars lying here and there. I located my vehicle and was l'll bit satisfied to see it cleaned and kept at a corner, had to rustle up few grass to have a clear look. I asked the Ford guys to get the vehicle in an open area and after they did was about to begin PDI when rain started playing spoil sport. Waited for the rain to subside but it seems mother nature had some other plans. Had to abort the PDI at stockyard with a heavy heart and decided that I would do so at time of delivery. Noted the Chasis no, observed the odo reading at 41. Asked the exec about the same, he told after vehicle arrived from Chennai it was reading 20 and they do PDI again at stockyard. Now after the car reaches Thane for registration add another 25 kms amx so by the time I get the vehicle the odo will read 65kms. I hope this should be OK although I wanted to be it less than 50. Another imp thing which I noted that was the rust deposit on wheel rims, the bolts were also seen covered with rust. This could be seen since wheel cap was there. Have asked exec to ensure that the rust is cleaned and suitable anti rust applied.
Saw a large nos of Linea's, Punto's, Vista's, Manza's at the stockyard since Wasan is a dealer of Tata vehicles in Mumbai city.
My vehicle will go for registration on Monday and I will take the delivery on Thursday. Apart from day dreaming of my Fiesta and twiddling thumbs in desparation, I have started marking the calenders, setting alarms on my mobile and office outlook. Gosh these 3 days will be difficult to pass. I hope the weather gets OK for a smooth delivery.
Old 16th November 2009, 09:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Another imp thing which I noted that was the rust deposit on wheel rims, the bolts were also seen covered with rust. This could be seen since wheel cap was there. Have asked exec to ensure that the rust is cleaned and suitable anti rust applied.
+
check again this rust deposit issue - is that was rust or some dry mud
deposited, may be due to car was driven during rainy time?

So the D day is very close
Old 16th November 2009, 13:46   #73
Senior - BHPian

@nairrk
Probabaly you might also echo the same sentiments during your car delivery.
I am told by the Ford exec the garware sunfilm which he is providing will be only for doors and the rear glass. No film for the main front glass. Is it true?? Can some BHPians throw some light here? Also the anti rust which is being given is of Wruth make, I have never heard of this brand. Is it good? I had heard only of 3M and Dinitrol which I had for my Santro. Also the warranty for anti rust is only 2 years as against 3 years for Dinitrol. Any views on this??
Old 16th November 2009, 14:06   #74
BHPian

Quote:
@nairrk
I am told by the Ford exec the garware sunfilm which he is providing will be only for doors and the rear glass. No film for the main front glass. Is it true?? Can some BHPians throw some light here? Also the anti rust which is being given is of Wruth make, I have never heard of this brand. Is it good? I had heard only of 3M and Dinitrol which I had for my Santro. Also the warranty for anti rust is only 2 years as against 3 years for Dinitrol. Any views on this??
I would suggest do the same for sunfilm what is suggested for tefnol coating, i.e. try to get the cash discount or any other accessory worth the price dealer is saying.

Then if you must go for sunfilm then first go for windshield (front glass) and minimum it should be garware icecool which comes at MRP 2800/- and after discount you can get it around 2500/2600.
Old 16th November 2009, 14:31   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@nairrk
+IMO, sunfilm provided by the dealer (as freebie) is only for all doors except front windshield which is of different quality and costs more. hence they simply avoid fixing any sunfilm for the front windshield.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks