Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 09:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

@kumar7
Your dealer seems good - 10k exchange bonus paid to you on the spot?
My dealer did not inform about this bonus matter until I sent email message to him to let me know what best discounts they are willing to offer. Only after that he came out this idea of exchange bonus. Anyway I have handed over documents and awaiting for the cheque from Ford. (This may be correct, because when I bought Hyundai Accent few years back, the exchange bonus cheque came from Hyundai directly and not from the dealer.
Anyway you are lucky !
Old 28th October 2009, 14:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@ghodlur

-2 years extended warranty (given by Ford and not the dealer): Rs.8300/-
-Insurance: you do it, if dealer rate is too high ?
-No depot charges
-Your existing car: Are your going to sell this or will keep with you?
Ford (not the dealer) gives Rs.10000 as exchange bonus upon showing the proof
i.e copy of RC of existing car(in your name) and copy of RC transferred by new owner. You may have to handover these RC copies to the dealer who then will
forward same to Ford. The Cheque will come from Ford direct to you. It may take
a month or more but you will get it. (I have already forwarded the documents to
Ford through my dealer).

Thanks
Would this be applicable if I sell the my car not through Ford but directly. Would both the RC copies before & after transfer have to be given at the same time. I had not clue about this discount. Thanks a lot will talk to dealer abt the same.
Old 28th October 2009, 16:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

@Ghodlur
Yes, you can sell your old car to through any source.
Only they (FORD) wants the copy of both RC's (the one in your name and the one
transferred to the buyers name).
If one Ford dealer can give this offer, then it is applicable to all dealers in India.

See that @kumar7's dealer paid this amount in advance ! (not waiting for the formalities)?
Old 30th October 2009, 08:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

It is Ford Fiesta 1.6 Zxi final for me. I will be going today to pay the booking amount. The OTR comes around to 7.12L with 2 yrs extended warranty along with basic kit (mud flaps, Matting, dicky matting) + teflon coating, Garware Sunfilm, leather wrap steering wheel & door scuff plates thrown in as freebies. The stock tryes are MRF and I would like to change it to Michelin XM1+. The dealer has agreed for replacement with the difference to be paid by me. Can anyone kindly let me know what would be the differential amount. Also pls let me know whether Garware Sunfilms are effective, I dont know as of yet which product/model will be given.
Should I also go in for leather upholstery, what would it cost me? What about the Total Maintenance plan provided by Ford, has anyone got it, cost etc??
I am for the Platinum colour but wifey wants Morello. I feel personally Morello would heat up more and reduce cooling effecr esp in Mumbai heat. Any advice on the same.
The delivery would be in 12-15 days time. The dealer has agreed to arrange for PDI at their stock yard which is 17 kms away from Showroom. Anything else I can squeeze in with the dealer. Kindly reply fast.
Old 30th October 2009, 09:21   #20
BHPian

The stock tryes are MRF and I would like to change it to Michelin XM1+. The dealer has agreed for replacement with the difference to be paid by me. Can anyone kindly let me know what would be the differential amount.

Congradulations Ghodlur, welcome to Fiesta club

I think the differential amount might come to 2K per tyre. This is the quote I got from a tyre shop in chennai (for a tyre that has done less than 250 KMS). Since the dealer himself has agreed for the change you might even get a better deal I guess, as there would be no wear and tear as such.
Old 30th October 2009, 09:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Rs.7.12L including Insurance or you did take insurance seperately?

Leather upholstry - What is your intention, just seat cover or total replacement(remove the stock seatcover and fit with leather one?).
I have ordered for Vinyl leather seat cover from FORD at Rs.10,500 and Ford alloys
(the same model coming with SXi premium) at Rs.16500.

Teflon coating is not necessary (not recommended by TBHP also) instead you can ask for underbody coating which is required for any car.
Also you can fix Bodyside moulding (it comes from FORD with chrome lining which looks very nice -they charge Rs.5055).

Colour - If you ask me I would recommend either morello or Black !

Thanks
Old 30th October 2009, 10:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

Insurance is separate and paid by me which will come around to 15-16K. I was thinking of replacing the seat cover only with leather.
Is alloys absolutely neccessary coz I was thinking it at a later stage (after 3 months)??
I will definetly ask the dealer for underbody antirust coating instead of teflon. Regarding the body side molding, I will have to check it on a car to see the appeal but going by your judgment I know it would look good.
What about the Ford spares cost in comparison with other vehicles. I have seen the FORD logo (front) fallen off on many Ford vehicles in Thane. is that an issue, just from my info.
Old 30th October 2009, 11:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Bodyside mouldings - many of our member cars have it (I remember @kumar7 has got it for his car - check his thread).

Alloys - you can fit it later also. Alloys are good for cars (see there is a seperate thread on alloy wheels).

Insurance - I think most dealers using this amount to offer freebies. My dealer told me that insurance is free offer from FORD. Besides this No freebies from ford/dealer.
I paid only the showroom price i.e Rs.6.48L (for fiesta 1.6ZXi), this includes the insurance(free offer). I paid RTax to RTO directly and then whatever accessories I opted for the car.

Ford logo - I think this can be refixed with some adhesives?
Old 30th October 2009, 14:56   #24
BHPian

Hey Ghodlur,

First of all - a good decision of going with Fiesta, which is an excellent car - aka "driver's car". I am also running a Santro now and planning to buy a sedan in 8-9 L range and Fiesta is definitely there. I did take TD of this car more than once and here is what my observation is:
  1. You have already covered ride quality, handling etc. so nothing to say more on this.
  2. In Bangalore they are offering Free Insurance offer, i.e. they will take care of the insurance cost - let them handle it. You will get benefitted by choosing the insurance on your own, only when you get an equivalent cash discount from the delaer against the insurance. Otherwise you are actually losing that money (what you will pay to the insurance co of your own).
  3. There is an exchange bonus - which is around 10K for ZXi or SXi version. This amount will be adjusted with your OTR price, if you already have sold the existing car and thereby producing the RC copies of both the owners at the time of buying. Else it will come as a cash back when you show the buyer's name on the RC copy.
  4. There is definitely a corporate discount, which varies depeding on the company. You could opt the registered owner as one of your family members (including you) who work with A-Tier companies, like IBM, TCS, HP etc. thereby increasing the corporate discount amount.
  5. The depot charge is what they call as delivery charges which include RTO bribing as somebody has already mentioned. Again you could bargain to reduce the same. Depends.
  6. Fiesta on-road price already comes with a 3rd year EW standard including RSA (road side assistance) and essential pack (need to know what consists of this pack). So if you are getting 4th Year EW free its good - thats a bargain.
  7. Garware is good but Llumar would be better.
  8. If you plan to change to alloy (certainly will improve the look) do it right at the time of buying (either at delaer or after-market, dealer has limited design) to get maximum exchange price.
  9. FINALLY, I have also heard of ZXi - Limited Edition coming in November. I would suggest to wait for the same (unless you have any emergency to buy). You will get additional features, e.g. leather upholestry, (which comes in SXi) and may be other few additional accessories at a lesser price than the existing ZXi. Just compare EXi and EXi limited - you will get more features at lesser price.
I hope this helps.

Last edited by DigitalDragon : 30th October 2009 at 15:03. Reason: typo error
Old 30th October 2009, 15:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta on road price comes with 2 years or 100,000kms( whichever comes early) warranty. 3rd and 4th year warraty is optional for which you have to pay.Thanks
Old 30th October 2009, 15:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Fiesta on road price comes with 2 years or 100,000kms( whichever comes early) warranty. 3rd and 4th year warraty is optional for which you have to pay.Thanks
The pricelist which I have, from both the Ford dealers of Bangalore includes the 3rd Year EW, which comes to Rs 7.54 L OTR Bangalore for ZXi petrol (with a free insurance). For Mumbai / Thane I am sure will be a bit less as Karnataka has highest Road Tax.
Old 30th October 2009, 16:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure, the dealer may be wrong.please read Owners manual-page 144,para 3 - ''Ford Vehicle is covered fortwo year or 1,00,000 kms (whichever occurs earlier) from the vehicle sale date''.I dont think a dealer can guarantee a warranty for another year, unless he pay (or collect from you) for it?Fyi- The OTR for a ZXi 1.6 Petrol in kerala (Calicut/Kannur) Rs.687,230 i.e6.48 L showroom price + 6% RTax + small registration charges.Thanks
Old 30th October 2009, 16:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure, the dealer may be wrong.please read Owners manual-page 144,para 3 - ''Ford Vehicle is covered fortwo year or 1,00,000 kms (whichever occurs earlier) from the vehicle sale date''.I dont think a dealer can guarantee a warranty for another year, unless he pay (or collect from you) for it?Fyi- The OTR for a ZXi 1.6 Petrol in kerala (Calicut/Kannur) Rs.687,230 i.e6.48 L showroom price + 6% RTax + small registration charges.Thanks
OK I got your point. The extended warranties are not directly from OEM. They are provided by the OEM through the dealer. In Bangalore by default they put the 3rd year EW into the OTR, albiet with a price which is 7880, including the RSA. KK Govt is crazy and charging 14.3% as Road Tax and thts how the OTR price here is high.
Old 30th October 2009, 21:04   #29
BHPian

As DifitalDragon is saying that ZXI limited edition is expected so its worth to wait as defiantly you will be benefited no doubt about it! But I have doubt that ZXI may not come in limited edition (its not because I bought it )

When there was news about face lifted SXI, I waited for it but unfortunately lot of chrome forced me to settle down with ZXI.

IMO you should drop - teflon coating, Garware Sunfilm, leather wrap steering wheel

Instead of this go for - Spoiler (Assuming teflon is costing 8K),Sports pedal (this will be replacement to your Garware sunfilm), Leather wrap (this is not Ford accessory so dealer might be giving you local brand) - Usually leather wrap costs somewhere around 250 - 300 so go for Ford Pillows! It looks nice and goes very well with beige interiors.

If you don't want spoiler then go for Chrome side strips & CHROME DECKLID HANDLE (both should cost you 8K+)

New models comes with BS tyres there should not be MRF tyres. For BS you will get good value if you planning for XM1+.
Old 30th October 2009, 21:17   #30
BHPian

@Kumar7:
I got this info (ZXi limited) from a ford dealer here. Every month they have a dealer level meet / call on 5th so by then it will be clear what exactly is the story.

BTW I was going through your ownership thread - exhaustive report and I must swear that you should have been in Sales - Excellent bargaining skill.

something out of topic - Can anybody tell, what should be the minimum booking amount for fiesta and if for any reason we cancel the booking later before delivery, will the booking amount be returned ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks