Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 01:41   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarenes View Post
@ Invidious - was this at Concorde, Prabhadevi?
I had a horrendous experience myself there today where the Punto alloted to me was delivered to someone else. All this while, my case was being handled by one sales guy who was excellent. His name is Ashish and he is down with Malaria too...

Sounds too much of a co-incidence!!!

Mid you - my experience of the test drive, pre-sales, sales, finance etc all has been good and there was decent followups by them.

But they have messed up big time on the D day
Yea mate - same chap - Ashish - he was quite good; shame he is down with malaria. The new one was complete retard.
Old 29th September 2009, 01:42   #17
BHPian

yikes!! sorry about the experience buddy, i cannot imagine how i would've reacted in the same situation! anyway, put it all behind you and if the car is all well, we're looking forward to seeing pics of her!!
Old 29th September 2009, 01:59   #18
BHPian

Ok - for those who asked - yep the showroom was Concorde Motors @ Prabhadevi. To be honest, baring one Ford the rest of my cars have been Suzukis and the dealer has been the same - Vitesse - never had such an experience. Anyhow, an expat Aussie friend bought a CRV here in Bombay and it was the same issue - the fuel ran out within a few minutes of delivery. The dealer was somewhere in Goregaon. I wouldn't have been annoyed if the moron had told me that there is no petrol and I need to fill it. I was annoyed because he assured me TWICE that there is 5 liters of fuel in there and then after the car stalled insisted that it was there. Such people should be fired.
Old 29th September 2009, 04:02   #19
BHPian

they filled it eventually ... now you should forget about it.just think of it as a bad dream. i am sure Linea will be a fill and forget it job. . no more troubles that is.

congratulations on your new linea! how about some pics.

@ retard sale guys. they will always be the same. any brand, any place any showrooms.

Last edited by Caramelo : 29th September 2009 at 04:04.
Old 29th September 2009, 06:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post

@ retard sale guys. they will always be the same. any brand, any place
You know, Ashish was so good as a sales person. Ashish did not once give me a reason to call up as he would call me back at necessary instance. Simply superb. Too bad the other staff did not match up his level.

I am assuming if he was not down with Malaria, I would have my punto with me and would have to forget my incident here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-instead.html
Old 29th September 2009, 08:22   #21
BHPian

Congrats invidious. While going through your experience, I was remembering SUV, as mentioned by him. "A Cloudy Morning" start, I would say. Do load pics of the FTA.
Old 29th September 2009, 08:43   #22
J.Ravi

Congratulations, invidious, on buying Fiat Linea FTA. I have booked a Fiat Linea 1.4 petrol FTA Emotion Pack and I am awaiting delivery.

I too had the same experience at the time of TD in Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore. After driving some distance with my family in the car, MID flashed the message 'Low Fuel', but the sales executive travelling with me 'assured' me that there was enough fuel to travel more than 50 km! However, the vehicle came to a grinding halt in the middle of the road and I was on the right lane of the carriage-way. Thank god, the road had a natural slope so I could manage to bring the vehicle to the left side of the road and halted using hand-brake and low gear. In spite of this horrorful experience thanks to Concorde Motors, I have decided to go in for world-class product, Fiat Linea.

Old 29th September 2009, 13:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

So looks like short changing on fuel happens quite a lot. Someone with contacts at Fiat should bring it to their notice. A lot of goodwill can be lost by penny pinching on a measly 5 litres of fuel.
Old 29th September 2009, 13:45   #24
BHPian

If it's 5 liters - and they do it to a conservative estimate of 10 cars a day - someone is taking home Rs. 3000/day tax-free.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations dude. As usual "PICS AWAITED"

please escalate this to FIAT india.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:54   #26
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

This is our fault, it is due to the "Chalt hai" attitude of us Indians, we take this crap in all aspects of life, (some of us even dish it out) and then we get the same dished back to us.

The post sales experience in almost all aspects let alone cars is the same in India in majority of the cases, I just bought an LCD TV from a vijay sales and a couple of month before that a DVD player from another location vjay sales, and a couple of devices from two other location vijay sales before that, in all cases the experience was not acceptable, ranjing from delayed deliveries to hidding the fact that a display piece would be given or to missing items in the box. Did I take it up, yes each and every time, were the sales guys courtious, yes to the best of their abilty they were.

The Car delivieries some how tend to be kind of similarly flawed in about 40% of the cases. (At least for the guys around me in office.) Irrespective of brand, this is finally because not enough of us bother to spoil our own mood and give the guys a peice of our mind nor do enough number of us write to the vendors, and fianally we know that legal support is as good as absent with the time it takes.

Time of delivery and promptness means nothing to us once the sale is done.

We as a group do get what we plant, and though all of us don't work shoddy, we also do not correct our colleague who does so.
Old 29th September 2009, 17:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

@ ACM

Absolutely agree with you. Frankly after my own experience of directing Pune traffic for a good 15 minutes, I was finding it hard to control losing my head completely.

But, the fact that the delivery had been smooth so far prevented me from making it unpleasant. So I just swallowed the bitter pill and moved on with it. What I should have done is escalated the matter, but thanks to the fact that my expectations from the event were already very low, I found it is easy to overlook.

@Invidious

If you plan on escalating this to Fiat do let me know! I would like to forward my complain too.

Although it caused me not a lot of heartbreak, I believe it is a serious malpractice and strong legal action can be taken in the case.

I hope they are receptive, some harm does permeate down to the company's reputation after all!
Old 30th September 2009, 12:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats invidious,

First Azure Linea in T-Bhp.
Post some snaps.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 30th September 2009, 12:34   #29
BHPian

karthik,
First Azure Linea was from bhaskar ... check his thread for pics.
Old 30th September 2009, 12:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
karthik,
First Azure Linea was from bhaskar ... check his thread for pics.
Oops sorry
I haven't seen T-Bhp for last 5 days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks