Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 15:30   #76
BHPian

TC_aashay - I did not know that these locks existed either. Too bad I realized it once I lost the mirrors and lucky you that you realized it before hand. Off the cuff - if getting a PC - stick to Croma - you can buy additional 2 year warranty at a very reasonable price with genuine OEM software. The Lamington Road lackeys give you pirated stuff - this becomes an issue when you try to download security updates.
Old 4th December 2009, 21:49   #77
BHPian

Invidious, welcome to the club man. Great car, great colour and not such a horrendous experience I would say. Wish you many great miles ahead with her.
Old 27th December 2009, 02:01   #78
BHPian

Update: Someone smashed the windscreen in an underground parking lot. Probably a bunch of kids or some drunken fools. Either way, insurance covered most of it and the damage was 1500.

For those looking to install rear parking sensors - good news! Fiat India has finally approved a set which can be installed by Fiat workshops without interfering with your warranty. Cost: Rs 4200 - which is only marginally higher than third party installers.
Old 9th January 2010, 01:42   #79
BHPian

Update: Completed 1000 kms and finished 3 months. Got the first service done at Tata-owned service center in Worli. They did a good job - fixed a tail light which I did not know was broken. However, they messed up the Blue & Me. It doesn't sync anymore - so I intend to take it to the service center. I already made a few calls - to the service center itself and to the 1-800 number listed on the Fiat website. I do hope they call sooner and don't make me run around for this. I really like Blue & Me

So far the 1000 kms have all been exclusively city drive - the average speed has been 23 km/hr and the average fuel consumption is 10.4 km/pl. No other concerns - keep it clean and vacuum regularly. Of course as mentioned earlier, the side mirrors were stolen and someone (later) smashed the windscreen - but these were not failures of the car - just of the society we live in.
Old 9th January 2010, 05:03   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Update: Completed 1000 kms and finished 3 months. Got the first service done at Tata-owned service center in Worli. They did a good job - fixed a tail light which I did not know was broken. However, they messed up the Blue & Me. It doesn't sync anymore - so I intend to take it to the service center. I already made a few calls - to the service center itself and to the 1-800 number listed on the Fiat website. I do hope they call sooner and don't make me run around for this. I really like Blue & Me

So far the 1000 kms have all been exclusively city drive - the average speed has been 23 km/hr and the average fuel consumption is 10.4 km/pl. No other concerns - keep it clean and vacuum regularly. Of course as mentioned earlier, the side mirrors were stolen and someone (later) smashed the windscreen - but these were not failures of the car - just of the society we live in.
FE of 10.4 is good enough I guess.How was your experience with Tata on the Service?
Old 9th January 2010, 08:33   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, they messed up the Blue & Me. It doesn't sync anymore
delete all the user data and try to pair again and sync the phone book again
Old 9th January 2010, 13:07   #82
BHPian

@geeash - I tried that a whole bunch of times. Deleted "All data" and deleted "User Data" and tried pairing it. It pairs but does not connect. They have given me an appointment on Monday morning to sort out. I hope it is just the battery which needs to be disconnected and reconnected.

@cedizen - The experience has been above average but could be better. They have always been polite to a fault and have done their best to follow up. However, I don't think they are as well trained as they could be. For example, the 1-800 number given to me - the woman at the other end of incomprehensible when she replied in English and realizing this completely switched to Hindi. While this wasn't an issue for me - I can see that it can be an issue for a caller from Tamil Nadu or any of the other Southern states. They also told me that I shall get a call in 48 hours - it did not happen but they did call me within 72 hours so I can't complain too much. The car delivered to me after service was clean and tidy.

Additionally, I wanted to get the rear parking sensors installed for a while. I scheduled an appointment for 11 am at the showroom at Prabhadevi and NOT at the service center. This is what I was told - that they will be fixed at the showroom. The guard outside wouldn't let my car in for 10-15 mins till "a parking spot was empty". 3 other cars lined up behind me - so all were waiting. Finally they managed to find a spot and called me in. I was told it was take 1.5 hours to get it done earlier. But they told me to come at 6 which threw certain plans of mine astray. I must commend the same salesman who helped me purchase the vehicle - he went out of his way to find me the parking spot and get the sensors fitted by 2.30 when did not need to. So I would say it has been satisfactory mostly and above average at times. Hope this helps.
Old 9th January 2010, 13:49   #83
J.Ravi

Quote:
they messed up the Blue & Me. It doesn't sync anymore
invidious: Try resetting Blue&Me by disconnecting the negative terminal of the car battery for about 30 minutes and reconnecting it, which may solve your problem.

Old 9th January 2010, 13:53   #84
Senior - BHPian

Even I had B&M problems that was fixed by disconnecting the -ve battery terminal for a few minutes.
Old 9th January 2010, 19:05   #85
BANNED

invidious - you're rocking man !

3 months & only 1000 kms !!!
Windscreen broken
Tail lights broken
ORVMs stolen

10.4 kms in Mumbai B2B traffic is not only good but very good
Old 9th January 2010, 20:44   #86
BHPian

@Vahan - Haha - tell me about it. A friend suggested I do a "havan" to prevent such future happenings. At the service center the guy tells - "Abhi tak logo nahin gaya?!?!"
Old 9th January 2010, 20:54   #87
BANNED

Quote:
At the service center the guy tells - "Abhi tak logo nahin gaya?!?!"
Well, mine has gone 3 times & I then went to a graphic printer guy, got a radium Fiat logo sticker prepared & put it there. Not nice looking but better then 2 holes.

Have not heard favourable remarks about Tata Worli service station from some sources. Heard its very dis-organised. Be cautious & take care
Old 9th January 2010, 20:56   #88
BHPian

Amit, picture of your logo pls !!!
Old 9th January 2010, 21:04   #89
BANNED

Invidious, Why should Logo go off ? in my 10 months old car it has not gone and yours is newer than me. At auto Expo, I was talking to their one of the executive and raised the same question about falling some of the parts and he told me that they are taking care of all the initial issues felt by earlier linea owners and has been rectified by them. Its continuous process to mend all the deficiencies faced by Linea and punto owners.
Old 9th January 2010, 21:07   #90
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Amit, picture of your logo pls !!!
Shall take tomorrow & post.
Not best looking but better than nothing there.
Am now getting embossed sticker made
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Invidious, Why should Logo go off ? in my 10 months old car it has not gone and yours is newer than me. At auto Expo, I was talking to their one of the executive and raised the same question about falling some of the parts and he told me that they are taking care of all the initial issues felt by earlier linea owners and has been rectified by them. Its continuous process to mend all the deficiencies faced by Linea and punto owners.
Dude, we're talking about Logo's/ Badges getting stolen which is a bad practice in Mumbai

In my residence vicinity, my Linea was the 1st car from where logo theft started. Now all cars parked all around are without logo's including Innova, Ikon, Santro, Corrolla, Fiesta etc. My earlier Ikon logo was never stolen in the same parking place.

Last edited by VahanPujari : 9th January 2010 at 21:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks