Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 21:02   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Are you not worried about warranty .
Congrats .

PS : S mode should have been ideally "Superman Mode", just fly .
Hi black12rr, Engine in no longer under warranty now but I'm not worried about warranty because RD guys have extensively tested the box for more than a lakh kms. The increased power is very much under tolerance limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Congrats dude. Welcome to the Rocket Hatch Club. Two queries .
1. I would like to know about the cost of the RD XM400
2. Are you sure that the same box can be used in other diesel cars ?
Thanks undead,
Cost is available .:. Motodesk.com: India's only and comprehensive portal for Auto performance and lifestyle products. Can't disclose the price openly for obvious reasons. I hope you understand.
Yes sir, box can be used in any diesel car. Because of this flexibility i selected RD box. I would like to buy VW Polo diesel when it is launched in India and will be using the same box there

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
What is your 0-100?
I think you should remove the plastic cover of the box.
Hi beejay, I'll be visiting RD guys this weekend and test 0-100. It was raining 10 days back when the box was installed. Didn't test 0-100 because driving conditions were not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Congrats on the GETZ Crdi and the RD Box. I heard that RD is quite cheap compared to the Pete's box.

Is there an option for putting more aggresive maps? Is it easy to uninstall before giving for service?

I think S mode means "Stock".
Thanks krish3,
Aggresive maps are available but at a price i think. I don't know about the price. Will talk to Karthik about it. Perhaps in future I'll use one
Box can be removed in 15 mins before giving for servicing. Although the switch inside is recommended not to be removed. Frequently removing the switch might loosen it. Service engineers who know about the switch do not tamper with it.

Last edited by Zappo : 29th September 2009 at 22:47. Reason: Please use the mutiquote button instead of making so many back to back posts.
Old 29th September 2009, 22:04   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furman View Post
Thanks undead,
Cost is available .:. Motodesk.com: India's only and comprehensive portal for Auto performance and lifestyle products. Can't disclose the price openly for obvious reasons. I hope you understand.
Yes sir, box can be used in any diesel car. Because of this flexibility i selected RD box. I would like to buy VW Polo diesel when it is launched in India and will be using the same box there
Whats there to understand ? Why can't you disclose the price to fellow bhpians unless you are promoting Race Dynamics ?
Old 29th September 2009, 22:32   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats Furman on getting the RD box. Its like adding more fire to already fastly burning flames

I use a Pete's Box since last 10K kms and totally happy with its outcome. Like everyone is asking, share the details of cost and a little more description of all modes. Does it really make a difference from mode to mode? I think 4 modes is a bit too much, 2 would be more like it.

It is very much obvious these pictures were taken while installation was taking place. As you remove the engine cover and connect the wires to the injectors. Furman, clarify the same please

No, you should not. Even I have the pete box covered with plastic since it protects from washing the engine bay, rain water, dust etc.
Thanks Mobike008,
Very true, there is just too much power to handle. I'm enjoying wheelspins these days All the 4 modes do actually work. I've explained the modes and experience in my earlier replies.

There are actually two more boxes, XM200 and EM200 with 2 settings.
XM200:
a. Stock - Works like original map.
b. Performance - Increase power and torque by upto 15%.

EM200:
a. Stock - Works like original map.
b. Economy - Increase economy by upto 15%.

These are available at lesser price than XM400. I wanted to experience both performance and economy, that's why i selected XM400.

Installation is very simple. Just remove the main stock connector and put the connector which comes with the box. In case the box fails, which is highly unlikely, remove the box connector and again put in the stock connector.

Which car do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Is it hard enough to put the RD box inside the car ,inside dash or below the glove box ,screwed up below glove box ,something like that ?. Some how don't like that expensive stuff to be exposed like that .
Hi black12rr, because of the length of the cable, the box cannot be placed inside the car. The power cable from battery to the box is short. Box has be placed near the battery. Box is shock proof and water proof. I got 3 years warranty on box. That's peace of mind.

Last edited by Zappo : 29th September 2009 at 23:08. Reason: One last time. Please stop making these back to back posts. Read through all the responses and then respond at one go.
Furman is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th September 2009, 13:24   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for sharing a review of this very interesting car with us; as if the Getz CRDi wasn't a stonker enough, you now have a Race Dynamics box giving it some more steroid!

Quote:
I then met Karthik of RD and took a test drive of his Swift and I immediately decided to go for RD. Guys at RD are really doing a great job.
Guys from Bangalore have inherent advantages WRT RD's products. The man is just a phone call away. Good to hear that you are satisfied with the sales / install experience.

Quote:
Hi aZa,
Four modes are available in XM400:
A. Stock - Works like original map.
B. Economy - Enhanced economy mode, can deliver upto 20 % more economy.
C. Performance 1 - Increase power and torque by upto 10%.
D. Performance 2 - Increase power and torque by upto 25%.
I wasn't even aware that the box had an economy mode. Good stuff, different settings for different driving conditions.

Tell us more about P II Mode

Quote:
Noticeable drop in power but car cruises happily at 80-100 with 1500-1800 RPM on Tachometer. While going uphill I noticed that car was making effort to climb
If an overpowered car like the Getz CRDi struggles to climb, that setting must be running real lean.

Quote:
In fact I'm the first customer to buy the box online. Price details are available there.
Do share the price here itself, we insist. Posts with price included can only increase the value offered by your review.

Congrats on the car + powerbox, and drive safe. Top priorities for you ought to be a stiffer suspension & wider tyres.
Old 30th September 2009, 14:36   #20
BHPian

I had the box under testing a month back drove for about 5000km with it and man it was fun to drive . The guys at RD quoted 24K negotiable. I hope it is the same for you too furman. I have put up my review of the box in my ownership thread -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-metallic.html . I recommend you to either go in for synthetic oil or oil of higher grade(again details available there in my thread) . As for the tyre upgrade - i stuck to 14" itself and in stock rims am sporting a Continental CPC2 195/60 R14. Had a BF Goodrich gSport of the same tyre size but the conti's seems to provide better grip. Please upgrade your tyres if you are going to be driving even in P-1.

Shyam
Old 30th September 2009, 19:30   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Furman on your GETZ. Now its a real beast! enjoy your drive. Am getting tempted now to install this on my Swift D!
Old 30th September 2009, 20:37   #22
BHPian

Furman, I have a doubt, I read you telling that this enhancement can be used for any car..
But i have a doubt..
every car uses an ECU from a different manufacturer and hence the connector may be totally different..how is it this enhancement connnected ?
Is the stock ECU replaced with the box ?
Could you post a pic as how is this box connected to engine..i mean connector set..from the box to engine..
Old 1st October 2009, 00:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Diesel tuning boxes are connected to the fuel rail. Depending on the type of fuel rail connector -- and there are only 2-3 types -- the box can be changed between cars.
Old 1st October 2009, 09:40   #24
BHPian

Oh..OK !!!
is the connection done like

stock ECU --> RD ECU
Old 1st October 2009, 09:43   #25
BHPian

Oh..OK !!!
one more question :
is the connection done this way ?
Stock ECU --> RD ECU --> Fuel Rail (injectors)
Old 1st October 2009, 10:11   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad:) View Post
Stock ECU --> RD ECU --> Fuel Rail (injectors)
No! Its from RD ECU to either the injector pins or RD ECU to the rail pressure sensor mount depending on how the setup is. i.e increasing pulse width or rail pressure.
Old 1st October 2009, 14:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
No! Its from RD ECU to either the injector pins or RD ECU to the rail pressure sensor mount depending on how the setup is. i.e increasing pulse width or rail pressure.
Thanks mclaren1885, for clearing my doubt..

The stock ECU connects to a host of sensors on the vehicle and collects data like engine temperature, atmospheric pressure, etc and based on these factors the injectors are controlled..

But because the objective here is to extract more power this info is not required in enhancement ECUs. I guess thats why i have read people asking about smoke after the replacement.
Old 1st October 2009, 17:46   #28
BHPian

Congratulations on the Car and on the ECU box.

I had tried the RD Ecu on my Swift D on August 14th.
They had told me that they were going to launch it on August 15th..

They quoted the same price 24K negotiable.

The people at the place where they asked me to try it, did not know how to install it. So they called up a person from RD. They had opened some covers and disconnected the wires and I had to wait till that person from RD comes down to fix it.

That person came after 45 minutes and fixed it.

We went for a drive, but nothing worked.

We came back disconnected and connected it. Again went for a drive, but there was not difference.

Then they realized that they had to put in a mode(E or P1 or P2) then switch the car OFF and wait for 30 seconds for that mode to get active.
Thats when it started working.

P1 was good. But P2 was the one that showed a big difference. I noticed that on pressing the throttle, the car would give a jerk and surge ahead, even in 3rd gear. As it was raining, I could not test it properly.

But according to me, the power difference in P2 was definitely not 25%.
I felt that power had increased by approx 15%.
The RD person told me that if I went back to them the next day, then they can fit a testing unit that measures 0-60 etc and then I would be convinced that the power had increased by 25%.

I did not even try the Economy mode.

When I tested it, shifting the mode on the fly did not work.

By this time I had spent too much of time experimenting with this.

Waiting for them to install it and then it did not work immediately.
I felt that it might be too early to buy it. I felt that I should wait till somebody buys it and writes a review on Team Bhp. I told the same to the RD people too.

Over all, I did not like it so very much that it deserves 24k.
I have not tried a Petes kit yet. So I could not compare RD against Petes.
Old 1st October 2009, 19:29   #29
BHPian

Nice to see detailed reviews on the performance boxes, if someone can tell the difference between RD and Pete, it would be very helpful.
Old 3rd October 2009, 07:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

I think RD's is a piggyback ECU whereas Pete's is not.

Guru's to comment on that.

Now,

@RDK: Can i Procure this EM400 and keep switching it between my cars?

I have 3 diesel cars!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks