Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:35   #1
BHPian

Life in a Linea

It all began more than a year back, my beloved 2002 Indica V2 had started showing its age. New car was a necessity, the question was which one!

Sedan was the way to go. Already have a i10 and did not want another hatch. Options were aplenty, Fiesta, Verna, NHC/ANHC, Civic, Altis, etc. Budget was restricted to 12 Lakhs. Petrol or diesel was okay, but silently my heart preferred a Diesel.

Had read about Linea on TBHP, heard a lot from my friend who worked with Fiat. The launch date was always so near yet so far. Finally it was launched on Jan 16 2009. Saw it loved it, drove it and hated it . There went my dreams, came back with a shattered heart. My brain said, DUMP it and buy a ANHC. My heart said, lets wait, the car might not be that bad.

Took another TD in May 2009, this TD was much better. I guess Linea aged well. This one had more than 7K on its ODO. Still the decision was difficult. ANHC always seemed to be the right choice. What kept delaying the decision was the enthusiasm of the Linea owners on TBHP. Thanks to all Linea owners who have been so passionate about their cars that ownership of Linea seemed more than just owning a car.

Thanks Geeash, Coolboy, SunilRJ, Ghost_Rider, VahanPujari, aks_karthik, Dr. nehaamit, Sathys_SC, neotraveller, Pragmites, jaisha8, ManMachine, bnzjon and others who I have missed.

Finally got the news that FoxTrot Azure colour will be launched. This is one thing that had kept me away from buying the Linea. Went to BU Bhandari and took another TD. This time, the car had over 18K on its ODO and the car behaved great. Either the car had really aged well or I had mentally been brainwashed by TBHP Linea Owers Association to believe so!

Either ways decided to buy the Linea MJD Emotion Pack in FTA colour. Booked the car on 30th August and had got the delivery today. Could have got the deliver a week earlier but had to travel on business which delayed the process by a week.

In the mean time, got the loan from SBI done, pretty hassel free experience quite contrary to my expectations.

Got 21K corporate discount, free mudflaps, mats (including the boot mat) from dealer and saved over 8K in insurance.

More to follow, enjoy the picture.
Life in a Linea-dscn0083.jpg
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats pal, Great choice of car & color!

Enjoy the new ride!
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:05   #3
BHPian

Congratulations! FTA colour seems to flavour of the season.

Good to know that you waited bit long to really see the feedback from owners and did not get biased after first TD.

Waiting for detailed initial experience and some more pics.

Last edited by Ram_NP : 2nd October 2009 at 23:06.
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:23   #4
BHPian

Congrats!!
I wish Punto had this color. Anyway my Bossa Nova White is on its way.

Enjoy your ride and update your thread with other details like sun films, seat covers etc.
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:35   #5
BHPian

congrats anbd welcome to the TBHP-Linea-Association

Glad that the brainwashing helped. Hey on the flip side, you might not experience the famous niggles of early-Lineas.
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

This thing is such a hit with members of this forum, and not hard to see why. Simply beautiful !! Enjoy your miles with her.
Old 3rd October 2009, 00:03   #7
BHPian

Nice color choice! Upload more pics.

Congratulations and enjoy the drive.
Old 3rd October 2009, 10:53   #8
BHPian

Congratulations. The FTA is a colour to die for. The head ruled over the heart or was it the other way around...

So you really earned your Linea. Waiting for your driving experiences. Liked the bit about Linea aging well. ;-)

Cheers, Sam
Old 3rd October 2009, 11:15   #9
BHPian

Congrats Ferrarai1976! The list of Linea and Punto owners on this forum is growing at a rapid pace. I'm surprised that the Punto does not come in this color.
Old 3rd October 2009, 11:50   #10
BHPian

A real story of how ANHC lost over Linea and that's the story for almost all Linea owners now! Welcome to this privileged Linea club on t-bhp. I am sure no niggles in new Linea. Enjoy the beauty and yes, detail ownership report is must!!
Congratulations for your FTA Linea.
Old 3rd October 2009, 12:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hey nice color !! Enjoy the ride !!
Old 3rd October 2009, 12:43   #12
JRD
BHPian

Welcome to the gang!
Congratulations on your purchase. Do go through some of our ownership threads to find answers on the niggles. Waiting for more photos.
Old 3rd October 2009, 12:50   #13
BHPian

Congrats Ferrari, the lineage carries on! FTA is great color. I have booked bossa nova white as FTA has a longer waiting period. Expected by end of this month.
Old 3rd October 2009, 12:56   #14
J.Ravi

Congratulations Ferrari 1976 for new Fiat Linea MJD Emotion Pack FTA. Even, I have booked Fiat Linea 1.4 petrol Emotion Pack FTA and am awaiting delivery. All the best.

Old 3rd October 2009, 13:51   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Congrats Ferrari, the lineage carries on! FTA is great color. I have booked bossa nova white as FTA has a longer waiting period. Expected by end of this month.
Congrats NutsNBolts! Same pinch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks