Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 20:34   #76
BANNED

Congrats ferrari, It seems as you are enjoying every bit of it.
I am also enjoying as you are but my wife doesn't let me drive that much as she thinks that its her priced Jewel.
Old 13th February 2010, 15:04   #77
BHPian

Experience @ FIAT First Service Camp, Pune

Well, as a Fiat owner, I am a proud man today!

It all started with a call from B U Bhandari on Wednesday. It was a invitation for a free service camp that will include free checkup, fluids top-up, car wash and some free gifts. More importantly the entire Fiat team will also be present! Great opportunity to meet Mangesh and team.

I started early at 8.30 AM today morning. Reached B U Bhandari, Wakad @9.00 AM. Was almost the first to reach. The place was buzzing with Fiat officials and B U Bhandari staff.

One SA approached me to let me know what all will be checked during the service camp. As soon as he was done, a couple of very senior Fiat officials (Mr Ravi Bhatia, VP - Commercial & Mr Anand Kumar, DGM - Commercial) came forward for a quick chat.

We discussed on how the Linea was doing. And as you all know, I passed on all the good experiences I have had so far. Did discuss the issue on seat height adjuster.

Mr. Ravi helped out and requested one Mr. Sandip to take care of the issue.

Since I was almost the first person, I actually cut the ribbon and lighted the diya to inaugurate the camp!!! suddenly I was the celebrity !! Now tell me which other car owner has felt like this?? Today was a truly luck day!! There was a lucky draw for a gift (wallet and key chain) and guess what, my car (regn number) was picked up!!

My car was then inspected by multiple fiat officials, I also took a small drive with Mr. Sandip to discuss on the minor jerks which changing gears which resulted in the need to change the engine C mount. I was assured that both the issues (C Mount and seat height adjuster) will be taken care in a weeks time and that I will get a call from B U Bhandari once the parts arrive. Let hope this actually turns in to a reality.

The best part of the morning was meeting Mangesh. Mangesh is a real nice guy with a lot energy and commitment to ensure Fiat succeeds in India this time. In fact the entire team seemed extremely committed.

Eventually, my car was washed and I returned back as a happy and proud FIAT customer. Long live FIAT India.

Sorry for not posting any pics, I don't have any :(

--Ashish
Old 13th February 2010, 16:12   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Since I was almost the first person, I actually cut the ribbon and lighted the diya to inaugurate the camp!!! suddenly I was the celebrity !! Now tell me which other car owner has felt like this?? Today was a truly luck day!! There was a lucky draw for a gift (wallet and key chain) and guess what, my car (regn number) was picked up!!
Congratulations for being a celebrity and winning the lucky prize.

My son was also a celebrity at BU Bhandari. He was asked to select the lucky winner of the draw and hand over the name to Mr. Ravi Bhatia. So a Team Bhpian selects the winner who turns out to be a fellow Team Bhpian.

Overall it was a nice to see how much fiat cares about it's ptoducts and the customers. I also had a small talk with Mr. Ravi Bhatia and he was interested in knowing about the car, my experiences and any issues that I had faced with the car or the service center.
Old 13th February 2010, 17:10   #79
J.Ravi

I felt immensely happy to note Ferrari1976's nice experience at the Fiat Service Camp. It shows Fiat India really cares. Slowly, steadily and silently, Fiat India is improving the after sales service facilities.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 13th February 2010 at 17:12.

Old 13th February 2010, 19:07   #80
BHPian

Ashish, thats a wonderful experience.

I too had a 1/2 a day chat with Mangesh couple of weeks before. Nice gentleman. Refer my thread on our discussion.

I too am looking forward to the meet. I had got a personal invite from Mangesh last week and he had requested to inform all BHPians to attend the same. I had posted the invite in a couple of common FIAT threads for everyone's information.

Hopefully the Chennai meet should also gowell. Looking forward to meet fellow Linean's and BHPians in the meet.
Old 13th February 2010, 23:18   #81
Senior - BHPian

very nice experience Asish. Very good initiative by FIAT India to get more confidence from existing buyers n give more confidence to new buyers!

How i wish an energetic person like Mangesh was managing FIAT India when Palio was launched :(
Old 28th September 2011, 17:55   #82
Senior - BHPian

Re: Life in a Linea

Liked the thread title "Life in a Linea" very much. Thanks for sharing your experiences Ashish, it was worth reading. You seem to be too busy, not being able to updated this thread (for the last 19 odd months now ). Hope you and your Linea are hale & hearty. As a potential Linea buyer I am trying to get as much inputs from existing Linea owners as possible. Would appreciate if you can update this thread with your experience all this while. I am sure you must have crunched thousands of miles by now. Looking forward to hear from you.
Old 28th September 2011, 18:20   #83
BHPian

Nice experience - looks like Fiat is trying to correct the nasty image it had in the past and the ghost of its association with Premier auto. The car looks really good, and interiors look classy. Did you have any chance to check with the Fiat people on the availability of spares, I've heard that this used to be an issue in the past?
Old 28th September 2011, 19:39   #84
BHPian

Thanks for bring this old thread to life!!! I had alomost forgotten about it!!

Linea has been doing fablulous.. I have done 2 long trips, one to Pune-Hampi-Bangalore-Mysore-Coorg-Pune and other Pune-Amhedabad-Udaipur-Surat-Pune. Have crunched @33K by now!!

Linea still feels brand new..touchwood, not a single complaint it, no niggles, no issues.

I have recently also got the Race Chip from Germany and Linea is now a beast!! no two ways about it!!

If you are in Pune and want a ride, PM me. Linea with the race chip is quite a different car!!

While coming down from Coorg I drove for 20 hours, I reached Pune @3.30 and still had the engergy to get up the next day and go to office...such is the comfort of a Linea!!

All and all, while in Linea, I attain peace, driving a Linea is my meditation, my prayer and my passion!! What more do I say!!
Ferrari1976 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 09:43   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for bring this old thread to life!!! I had alomost forgotten about it!!
Thanks for responding & good to see this thread wake up from deep slumber, hope same happens with Linea numbers

Quote:
Linea has been doing fablulous.. I have done 2 long trips, one to Pune-Hampi-Bangalore-Mysore-Coorg-Pune and other Pune-Amhedabad-Udaipur-Surat-Pune. Have crunched @33K by now!!
Wonderful, congratulations on successfully completing two long trips (travelogues). I did the latter last year (Mt.Abu-Udaipur), but I am very keen to do the former (Hampi, Badami etc)

Quote:
Linea still feels brand new..touchwood, not a single complaint it, no niggles, no issues.

I have recently also got the Race Chip from Germany and Linea is now a beast!! no two ways about it!!
Quite encouraging to know that. Race Chip from Germany, vow. How much did it cost & what the BHP & Torque figures now?

Quote:
If you are in Pune and want a ride, PM me. Linea with the race chip is quite a different car!!
Yes, I am very much in Pune. Thanks for your invitation, it is very tempting, will surely send you a Private Message.

Quote:
While coming down from Coorg I drove for 20 hours, I reached Pune @3.30 and still had the engergy to get up the next day and go to office...such is the comfort of a Linea!!
That's the best part of this car. It keeps you fresh as ever. Hope you are aware of J.Ravi's recent Leh expedition in his FTA Linea FIRE --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-linea-30.html

Quote:
All and all, while in Linea, I attain peace, driving a Linea is my meditation, my prayer and my passion!! What more do I say!!
That sums it all. Wishing you Nirvana with your Linea
Old 29th September 2011, 11:38   #86
BHPian

Here are the details on Race Chip:

Chiptuning RaceChip - Fiat Linea 1.3 MultiJET, 1248ccm, 69kW (ca.94PS)

There are at least 2-3 Lineas on this forum who have this box. At 8000 INR this is the most VFM.
Ferrari1976 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks