Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2009, 19:27   #46
BHPian

Linea Emotion

congrats ferrari,
i am getting mine on the 15th of this month. flamingo red emotion. i had some doubts about parking sensors, anyone here ready to help?
Old 11th October 2009, 20:59   #47
BHPian

Sorry Mr. Singh. I have not installed the parking sensors. But the dealer had told me very categorically that if it is done from outside, the warranty will be voided.

I had requested them to fit Xenos which would have bout from Reliance Automart, but did not get a positive response. Hence did not go for it.

BTW, Reliance Automart is a very good place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj2402 View Post
Ferrari1976,

Congrats on your Linea- that too in a beautiful and latest car now. Looks very "seksy".
I would request you too post some more interiors shots of the plastics, wanna observe them closely.
Accessories straight away- what all have you planned.

Am hooked to your thread now.
Thanks Raj. Will post some more photographs on Tuesday.

Last edited by Ferrari1976 : 11th October 2009 at 21:01.
Old 11th October 2009, 21:13   #48
BHPian

parking sensors

regards you Ferrari for your reply,
i am aware of the face that if i get them installed from outside, that would void the bumper warranty. i wanted to ask weather they are available with the authorized dealers? and if i get them installed from fiat/tata itself, would it void the warranty?

regards
singh
Old 11th October 2009, 21:15   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
i am aware of the face that if i get them installed from outside, that would void the bumper warranty. i wanted to ask weather they are available with the authorized dealers? and if i get them installed from fiat/tata itself, would it void the warranty?

regards
singh
Will check with them tomorrow and respond.
Old 11th October 2009, 21:18   #50
BHPian

thank you so much. respect to you sir
Old 11th October 2009, 22:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ferrari ! This car looks awesome in this color. Happy to know that plastic quality is better. I would request for a pic of the rear in this color and interiors too! Enjoy the admiration!
Old 12th October 2009, 22:03   #52
BHPian

Quote:
congrats ferrari,
i am getting mine on the 15th of this month. flamingo red emotion. i had some doubts about parking sensors, anyone here ready to help?
Concorde said they have been told by Fiat not to install reverse sensors and will not install them. Prerana said they have received no such instructions and can install them. As it was being done by authorized dealer I went and go it installed.
Old 14th October 2009, 15:56   #53
BHPian

Quote:

regards
singh
Got the response from BU Bhandari. They do install the parking sensors and it does not violate the warranty.
Old 14th October 2009, 16:19   #54
BHPian

Yes I got them installed from BU Bhandari as well
Old 14th October 2009, 16:22   #55
BHPian

hi all, i called the fiat customer care today. what i was told that if i get the parking sensors installed, it would void the warranty of my car. i am getting the delivery of my car tomorrow and still dont have any clue weather to get the sensors installed or not. HELP PLEASE!!!
Old 14th October 2009, 16:37   #56
BHPian

^^ My 2 cents..pl do not install the sensors if FIAT has clearly said that it will void the warranty.
Old 14th October 2009, 18:14   #57
J.Ravi

Quote:
hi all, i called the fiat customer care today. what i was told that if i get the parking sensors installed, it would void the warranty of my car. i am getting the delivery of my car tomorrow and still dont have any clue weather to get the sensors installed or not. HELP PLEASE!!!
I took delivery of my Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack FTA on 8 October 2009. I decided not to meddle with complicated and highly sensitive electrical/electronic circuits, and hence, no accessories or no modifications. The user manual clearly states so. In fact, I park my Fiat Linea in my garage so close to the wall with the help of ORVM only to give way for two 2-wheelers. Please see the photograph below:
Attached Thumbnails
Life in a Linea-img_1200.jpg  

Old 14th October 2009, 18:24   #58
BHPian

thats great. but the problem in my case is that i need to park my car between 2 cars ( PARALLEL PARKING). so to avoid touching the cars in front or behind, i need to get them installed.
Old 14th October 2009, 18:35   #59
J.Ravi

Quote:
thats great. but the problem in my case is that i need to park my car between 2 cars ( PARALLEL PARKING). so to avoid touching the cars in front or behind, i need to get them installed.
Anyway, advance congratulations for your new Fiat Linea.

Old 14th October 2009, 19:07   #60
BHPian

Accessories for the Linea

Tyre Upgrade:

Goodyears were great but during my test drive they were also very noisy. Knowing that I will be doing a lot of my driving on the highway, changing the tyres was more or less mandatory. Researched this forum and decided on Michelin Primacy LC. Nikhi confirmed that this will be a good swap.

Got the details on Michelin dealer in Pune from Crimson. Because of him I saved over INR 3000. The best deal I had was 14500 and eventually managed to close the final deal with N Mehta on Tilak road for just 11500. That shop is one I will recommend. The entire process took 20 mins, done very very professionally.

Michelins are very smooth indeed. The moment the car rolls on, you realize the glide. The smoothness is very much enhanced and the noise goes down drastically. The car rolls on much more smoothly.

Life in a Linea-dsc_0018.jpg

Sun Films:
Next stop was to get the right sun films. Searched around the town for the right one. Spared no accessories shop, Poona, Bafna, Carex, Bhandari...all were covered. The range of prices for the same set of films is astonishing. None of these shops give your the confidence.

By sheer luck landed in to Reliance Hypermart, Kharadi. The shop had recently opened the "Autozone". It has Llumar films with an offer to get front windscreen 25% off when you buy the side and the rear ones. Llumar technicians would install the films. The total cost for Air 75 (for front), PP50 for sides and PP70 for rear window was INR 8000.

The installation took @2 Hours and was again a very professional job done well. The heat rejection is phenomenal. You need to experience it to believe it.
Life in a Linea-dsc_0014.jpg
Life in a Linea-dsc_0034.jpg
Life in a Linea-dsc_0038.jpg

Underbody Treatment:

Again, TBHP helped here .As with the sun films, the rates for underbody coating was ranging from 3000 to 5600. Did not find anyone reasonable. Was browsing the forum when got to know about Jopasu (Jopasu Car Care Products India). Realised that it is a Pune based company. Called them, got a quote of INR 2000, negotiated it to INR 1500. Got it done the same day. They do it at the Sagar washing center on Paud road. They are not very professional. The rubber paint itself was of the highest quality but the spraying itself left some black paint on the wheel arches. Though they cleaned it pretty well, I thought that this could have been avoided instead of being corrected.

The paint itself has stuck pretty well and dried off pretty quickly. The noise indeed reduces due to this paint. Would recommend for every diesel car.

The cost of the paint is INR 405 per liter and Linea needed almost 2 liters. The cost can further be negotiated to @1200 INR.

Life in a Linea-dscn0090.jpg
Life in a Linea-dscn0096.jpg
Life in a Linea-dscn0100.jpg
Life in a Linea-dsc_0020.jpg

Headlamps:
The stock bulbs ar egood but highway driving, meant that upgrade was required. Contacted Osram India nad got hold of their dealer in Nigdi. They have delivered the H1 and H7 from the Nightbreaker series for INR2800. Will get them fitted tomorrow from BU Bhandari and share the feedback.

Some more photographs:

Life in a Linea-dsc_0004.jpg
Life in a Linea-dsc_0005.jpg
Life in a Linea-dsc_0006.jpg
Life in a Linea-dsc_0030.jpg
Life in a Linea-dsc_0032.jpg

Next post, the 1000 KM experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks