Team-BHP - The Last of the Titans - Getz 1.5 cRDI finally comes home :)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The Last of the Titans - Getz 1.5 cRDI finally comes home :) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/66656-last-titans-getz-1-5-crdi-finally-comes-home-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 1854636)
Have you guys had a look at the AC compressor in our rides? I wonder if we can swap it for a higher capacity one (ours is a 90cc unit??) from, say, the Elantra.

Not that I am not happy with the AC - like Prajesh said, cant go above fan speed #2. But when parked under sun for long, the AC does take about 15 minutes to show itself - and mine is a BLACK rocket!!!

Thats a crazy idea man!!

The Getz crdi and the verna share the same AC compressor which is around 150cc (IIRC).

Solution to your problem is to run the car with open windows for while after starting or paint the car in white or silver :p

Lol... changing the car's colour is ruled out, i LOVE the beast in black :D

That's how I manage - park with a small gap in the window glass, and run with the windows opened a bit for a while. What gave me this thought was we had a Contessa with a compressor from a Merc or something (don't remember - was too young then), and the car absolutely freezes you in minutes! Lets see what I do on this rocket :)

i so wanted a black CRDi :)

So how about a "GROUP buy" thing for the PETES CHIP :D ... haha

Congrats Aza, I somehow missed this thread till date.

Group buy for Pete's sounds interesting if he gives nice sweet discounts. Otherwise there is also RD's ECU which Shyam had tested on his car. Thats a nice option and its said to be far cheaper than Pete's. As per this thread, there is an knob which can be used to change the power setting on the fly.

@guzzler : Thanx kishore :)

@krish : yes offcourse this will work only if he gives good discounts. Getz CRDi is outta production so infact he should ;) With RD ECU, i think it needs to be tuned for every car and its not a plug n play thing. I maybe wrong though. I was looking for a direct plug n play system.

Btw has anyone of the Rocket owners got hold of the uLSD/LSD fuel? Heard it does away with the smoke even in hard acceleration...

Well i can not say about smoke under hard acceleration, but since the day i have been using ultra low sulfur diesel in my getz the pungent smell of fumes coming out of exhaust have reduced a lot. Now there is almost no smell.
The engine also runs a bit quieter now.

Pardon my ignorance, what's this low sulphur diesel and does every pump have it?

Gagan : where did you find uLSD ?? I can't find it on the pumps in delhi/noida

Krish : its the BSIV fuel! Heard it gets rid of the smoke.

PS. Posting from team-bhp mobile! Killer stuff

I was told during my last tank-up at Shell that their's is Bharat IV Diesel (and hence another price rise :Frustrati). Didn't notice any difference though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa (Post 1856157)
i so wanted a black CRDi :)

So how about a "GROUP buy" thing for the PETES CHIP :D ... haha

I went in for a Dark Grey instead of a Black one. How ever its also good and really no regrets. I am game for the " Group buy " for the petes.

How much will be the damage ? Tomorrow I am getting my K & N stock air filter. K & N costs INR 4.6k and Green Cotton 4.2k. Which would be better ?
Appreciate your inputs !!

My K&N was about 4.2 IIRC, will check the bill. And Pete's for the Getz may not be cheap because the car is phased out - the same box is used for the Verna, so don't think Peter will sell it for a discount for the Getz :)

MjK : I went for the K&N because of the easy availability of cleaning kits. The stock replacement filter number is 33-2094 and its the same for 1.1L petrol and 1.5 CRDi (weird)!

Guys what quotes have you got for the petes tuning box ? The minimum i've got is 25K.

@aZa - that seems weird coz when I went to get my K&N, the one marked "Getz" was actually smaller. They had to hunt for one with Getz CRDi mrking, which was quite a bit bigger. Not sure if 1.3 has a smaller air filter while 1.1 and Getz D share the same filter - that would be absurd :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa (Post 1856814)
Gagan : where did you find uLSD ?? I can't find it on the pumps in delhi/noida

I work in gurgaon and stay in delhi, so i usually fill up from gurgaon, because diesel is 3.5 Rs cheaper in gurgaon.
When i filled up around the mid of april they increased the price of diesel by around 19 paise (after the increase that was done due to budget). I asked them why have they increased it by 19 paise or so. They said its BSIV diesel.
Its an HP pump.
I will ask the petrol pump near my house in delhi about the BSIV diesel.
Is ultra low sulphur diesel something different from BSIV diesel? am i missing something?