Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 15:04   #76
BHPian

Captiva doesn't come with factory fitted sunroof (like Cruze does)
They get it fitted under Webesto's supervision (as per them).
Mine doesn't have sunroof and they insisted me to get one but I refused because I was advised by some senior guy from GM that never go for after market fitments (be it Webesto)
Old 29th June 2010, 20:20   #77
BHPian

hey testosterone,

I am planning to buy a suv in 25L category.I am currently driving a 2.0 ltr tdi superb(the new generation).I need a more punchier engine and more power.I td the endeavour 4wd auto and loved the power in it.

I loved your captiva and was considering the same but then its got the same superb/ chevy cruze 2ltr engine.Was wondering if it churns out that kindaa power??

And overall how is your experience so far in the captiva?
Old 1st July 2010, 23:24   #78
BHPian

I'm loving my Captiva AWD. I've driven around 20,000 KM till yet and I'm more than pleased with it. Not a single problem (including rattling). It's is simply best Psuedo SUV in it's segment and the only Diesel SUV boasting of a punchy diesel engine, Automatic Transmission with Tiptronic. class leading safety features like ESP, Traction Control, Hill Descent Control, Hydraulic Brake Assist etc. It's big from inside and the interiors are very good in it's category.

Front seats are VERY comfortable. Middle seats are Ok (I wish GM India could have done with reclining seats here!). Third row seats are average (Just like every other SUV out there)

Highway manners are good. High speed stability is excellent. I've driven it at 165 effortlessly on NH1 may a times. Pickup is great. After the initial turbo lag (which is so common with other diesels), this engine comes into it's own leaving other SUV's in it's segment red faced. Braking is VERY good.

Automatic gear shift makes life so much easy. Both upshifting and down Shifting are good enough and overtaking other vehicles is a breeze. Air conditioning is effective. This vehicle can cool this big a cabin easily even at 29 degrees Celsius.

The only down side is average which is meager 9 KMPL, lack of reversing camera/back sonars, GPS navigation and some other goodies which I would have liked.

But at 20 Lacs, this SUV is loaded with just about everything I could wish for.
1-Testosterone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2010, 14:28   #79
BHPian

Service intervals and charges?

Hello 1-Testosterone, belated congratulations for the Captiva. It's a purposeful, VFM vehicle and since I own a Chevy too, I can relate to the comfort levels that you enjoy. Somehow the Chevrolet Captiva slipped my mind when reviewing vehicles for purchase. Could you kindly elaborate on the service intervals and charges that you have gone through? This could help me in making a decision sine I am primarily looking into buying the Fortuner( have paid a deposit for its delivery in February 2011!)

Cheers
Champion!
Old 5th September 2010, 18:33   #80
Senior - BHPian

Good thread Testosterone especially for someone planning to go in for the LTZ.

Couple of quick queries

* Is Punjab pricing cheaper than Delhi, cause current price of the LTZ in Delhi is 22.2L and no discount.

* If the LT Extreme also gets Webasto fitted aftermarket (albeit under their supervision), then why in your opinion are GM guys discouraging customers from getting one installed on the LTZ?

* With respect to tires, do you suggest 255 or 265? Also, would 18 incher's be fine on the Captiva for say, 80% urban driving and 20% soft-offroading?

* Could you please list the upgrades you've gone in for?
Old 27th February 2013, 13:10   #81
BHPian

Re: My New Chevrolet Captiva LTZ - Pearl White

Hi 1-Testosterone
Reviving this old thread. Do you still have the Captiva. If so, how's it treating you in terms of reliability and ownership experience. I am assuming it is out of warranty now.
Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 17:02   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
I'm loving my Captiva AWD. I've driven around 20,000 KM till yet and I'm more than pleased with it. Not a single problem (including rattling). It's is simply best Psuedo SUV in it's segment and the only Diesel SUV boasting of a punchy diesel engine, Automatic Transmission with Tiptronic. class leading safety features like ESP, Traction Control, Hill Descent Control, Hydraulic Brake Assist etc. It's big from inside and the interiors are very good in it's category.
Hi 1-Testosterone, It would be great if you could give us an update on how your vehicle is doing.
evoque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 10:01   #83

I am looking at buying 2010 Chevrolet captiva ltz automatic @ 10.5 lakhs. Any advice or recommendation will be appreciated
Old 8th January 2015, 10:48   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoque View Post
Hi 1-Testosterone, It would be great if you could give us an update on how your vehicle is doing.
The vehicle has been doing great considering our Indian conditions (Dust, Extreme heat/cold, potholed roads etc.). It's roughly 55 months now and has done 90,000 KMS and never ever, it has caused any trouble (major or minor). Also no horror stories about it's Automatic Transmission as it's very dependable (unlike VW/Skoda's). Electronics inside, are too doing fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif.nizar View Post
I am looking at buying 2010 Chevrolet captiva ltz automatic @ 10.5 lakhs. Any advice or recommendation will be appreciated
Make sure you double check the suspension (Try in on some harsh speed breakers/potholed roads) and electronics inside (Traction Control, Winter Mode Drive etc.). Captiva LTZ 2010 model, IMO, should be a good buy at 10 Lacs.

Note from Support - Please use the Multi-Quote feature while replying to multiple posts, instead of submitting back to back posts. See this (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP) thread for more information.

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th January 2015 at 14:24. Reason: Posts merged
Old 26th June 2015, 20:46   #85
BHPian

Hello @1-Testosterone,
Nice to read all queries regarding your car. Its seems you are greatly satisfied with CAPTIVA. I am also from Amritsar, if you don`t mind i wish to know more about your CAPTIVA through meet. So whats the best convenient way to contact on Team-Bhp?
Old 29th July 2015, 16:20   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif.nizar View Post
I have recently purchased pearl white Chevrolet Captiva LTZ AWD, Model 2010, ODO 1.38L below average condition for Rs.6.30L (Punjab registered). Owner bought Fortuner & wants to get rid of it. So maybe thats why he sold me at this price. Everyone says it was a once in a blue moon deal but i feel little overpriced by its condition. Anyway Captiva is an excellent VFM car but fetch low resale because of CHEVROLET BRAND, expensive service, spares & low sales. I have took it too hills and ride was awesome. I am loving my Captiva and now searching for after market accessories like rooftop luggage carrier, parking sensors etc. 1-Testosterone do guide me with after market accessories.

PS: According to service center, following is changed at every 30k KMs Braked Pads (Costs around Rs.24k) , 60K KMs Engine timing belts & Tyres (Each tyre costs Rs.10k), 1L Kms suspension (Costs Rs.90k)
Old 2nd August 2015, 10:56   #87
BHPian

That is strange, I wouldn't assume that suspension would just get overhauled/serviced at 1L kms. It has to be dependent on wear and tear. The abuse that the suspension takes on bad roads is totally different than what would happen in a city like Delhi or Chandigarh. I would like 90K would be the worst case scenario.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks