Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 16:59   #31
BHPian

Correct. GM will bring in Captiva as CKD from late 2010 or early 2011.
Quality difference will be there IMHO as current Captiva is CBU (Made in Korea). No way they are going to reduce the pricing further for these CBU's.
Their immediate plans include BEAT Diesel and Spark Electric. That's the best I know about their future launches.
Captiva LTZ, like CRV 2.4 (4 X 4) is an adaptive 4WD.
Old 9th October 2009, 17:50   #32
BHPian

Here are another set of pics. Like all SUV's one you fold the 2nd and 3rd row flat, huge volume is released. I'm just curious whether I can load my Royal Enfield in there or not
Attached Thumbnails
My New Chevrolet Captiva LTZ - Pearl White-img_6221.jpg  

My New Chevrolet Captiva LTZ - Pearl White-img_6222.jpg  

My New Chevrolet Captiva LTZ - Pearl White-img_6223.jpg  

My New Chevrolet Captiva LTZ - Pearl White-img_6224.jpg  

My New Chevrolet Captiva LTZ - Pearl White-img_6225.jpg  

My New Chevrolet Captiva LTZ - Pearl White-img_6226.jpg  

My New Chevrolet Captiva LTZ - Pearl White-img_6232.jpg  

My New Chevrolet Captiva LTZ - Pearl White-img_6235.jpg  

My New Chevrolet Captiva LTZ - Pearl White-img_6236.jpg  

My New Chevrolet Captiva LTZ - Pearl White-img_6237.jpg  

1-Testosterone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2009, 19:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

Nice interiors, I'm saying that again. But one more thing, I'm quite impressed with the legroom in the 2nd and 3rd row of seats. Not very generous, but quite respectable for the last row !!
Old 9th October 2009, 20:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Wow, that's a huge space at the back with seats folded. sure a decent bike can be stored.
Old 9th October 2009, 23:12   #35
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase !! Captiva is one of the most VFM softroader and well rounded package available now (esp after recent price cuts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Thanks buddy.
Yes, it's a 7 seater and the last row is best for kids/short persons (like every SUV - with the exception of Audi Q7!)
No with Q7 also the last row is good only for the kids. I guess if one is looking for a true 7/8 seater then the only choices are either Innova or Xylo. I somehow feel there is a latent market for a premium 7/8 seater MUV in the 15-25 lakhs range.
Old 9th October 2009, 23:17   #36
BHPian

Yeah, Xylo takes the cake, I forgot that - Xylo has better 3rd row of seats than Innova and probably every other SUV or MUV right now. Infact, Xylo is loaded with space everywhere! But overall, when it comes to ferrying 5 + (2 kids), people from point A to point B in total comfort, nothing comes close to Innova. For pure utility, it's incomparable to anything in it's price segment!
Old 10th October 2009, 14:46   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on your SUV 1-Testosterone. Somehow, I knew you'd end up buying a Chevy

Someone I know owns a white captiva + dark tints. Says it "opens a lot of doors" and gets him a nice parking spot. Politician favorite, perhaps?

I'm happy to see an Auto on your Captiva; the slushboxes make SO much sense in our kind of traffic. Good choice & quite a big leap from your Indica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Somewhere in this forum itself, it was mentioned Chevy is offering generous discounts on Captiva (both variants) but their official site was unchanged. I called on Padam Motors (Ludhiana) immediately and they refused! I told them to confirm once again with GM - Pune and to my delight, they confirmed the price reduction.
Amazing how the information on this forum can help you, even before it reaches dealer staff!

Quote:
1. Brilliant Diesel Engine.
The first time I really gave the Captiva a second look was on the Bombay-Nasik highway. I'm ripping my C220 and the damn thing just wouldn't disappear from my IRVM. It has a heck of a mid-range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
From what you've written, you did not consider the Outlander.
The petrol engine + CVT (lazy) tranny are downers. Petrol SUVs / MUVs just don't make the grade in India (good reason too). Otherwise, quite a good soft-roader.

@ 1-Testosterone : Drive safe man.
Old 10th October 2009, 15:39   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Are you talking about the in-dash sat-nav unit of Endeavour ? If so, then what happens to the in dash electronic display that shows mileage, outside temperature etc ?
Audio Unit and Info Unit (Mileage, Outside Temperature etc.) are 2 different units with some sort of storage box in-between them. It's the Audio unit that goes.
Old 10th October 2009, 19:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The first time I really gave the Captiva a second look was on the Bombay-Nasik highway. I'm ripping my C220 and the damn thing just wouldn't disappear from my IRVM. It has a heck of a mid-range.

The petrol engine + CVT (lazy) tranny are downers. Petrol SUVs / MUVs just don't make the grade in India (good reason too). Otherwise, quite a good soft-roader.
Wow. Speaks of the torque then. Impressive, I thought the Captiva was a bit of a lazy performer. And yeah, D's make sense for SUV's in India, I totally agree. When will we have the Touareg 5.0 V10 TDI here... and when will I have the money for one
Old 10th October 2009, 19:41   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Impressive, I thought the Captiva was a bit of a lazy performer.
Lazy until the turbo kicks in, yes. After that, its WHAM! The same engine in the Cruze = 0 to 100 < 10 seconds.
Old 10th October 2009, 20:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Lazy until the turbo kicks in, yes. After that, its WHAM! The same engine in the Cruze = 0 to 100 < 10 seconds.
What a nice time to tell me about this, Rushabh. Exams just got done, I'm going for a TD tomorrow! Oh wait, day after. Tomorrow's Red Bull time
Old 11th October 2009, 00:42   #42
BHPian

congratz dude..!
It sure looks mean
Old 12th October 2009, 10:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the great buy its a good VFM SUV in India with loads of features & amazing performance.
As far as you don't bother the resale value.

wanna add petes and see?
Old 12th October 2009, 10:19   #44
BHPian

If he is keeping 6 years or so, he should really not bother about resale and has made an awesome choice.
Old 12th October 2009, 10:25   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Captiva. Had an opportunity to drive it from BAngy to Hoganekkal and boy it drove effortlessly. Plush interioirs and arguably the best dash in its segment. It also is super quiet on the roads. I played some audio from my mobile which was kept on the dash and my cousin who was sitting on the last seat could hear clearly. It also has a good audio system. They managed the BLR -PUNE route in about 11 hours without much effort or ripping. Great SUV. Congrats again. Drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks