Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2009, 23:25   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
The seatcover looks almost the one comes from FORD (Ford accessory)?

What is the next - how about fixing chrome plate in the inside door handle(where you have the fabric). I have ordered one from Ford STore. It costs shade above rs 1000 for four handles?
No chrome for me , i love black highlights in light color. I am searching for scuff plates with lights now. Not sure if it is good or not, but the looks were awesome. I dont remember in which thread i saw those scuff plates but they were looking awesome with blue light. (@gilead: May be we can search together for the scuff plates with light )

I am still under the lease plan so cant change my alloys or tyres as it voids warranty. Else my baby would have sported the Plati PY297 15 inchers by now with Michelin XM1+ or may be Yokohama S Drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
@Moonraker
Congratulations on the new seat covers. They look beautiful. In fact, so does your steering wheel cover. What brand is it? I have fitted a genuine leather cover on my steering wheel but it is not a good fit in the top half. The installer says the Fiesta steering wheel is thicker towards the top. So the thread cannot pull the cover edges together here. Any suggestions how this can be corrected?
Nura thanks. Can you post the pic of your steering wheel with the area which you are mentioning ? If you are speaking about the area where the thumb rests then you can take a look at my steering wheel pic and it is entirely closed and it is tighthly stitched. Mine is jackspeed art leather seat covers and steering wheel cover. May be the leather cover which was given did not have proper length. Today my installer was telling that this cover has good length and it was easy for him to stitch and i would say he had done a pretty neat job.
Old 22nd November 2009, 23:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
(@gilead: May be we can search together for the scuff plates with light )
My car already has the original Ford scuff plates. But I agree that scuff plates with blue-ish light would look awesome. Let me find out if any accessories shops nearby have it.
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:30   #48
BHPian

@Moonraker,

Congratulations on the seat covers, it looks awesome. Wheel cover looks lovely in Black , I chose the beige one. I think I will also change it to black soon.
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

A decent fit & finish of seat cover. BTW how much did the guy charged for fitting? seems to be a expert in these.
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:26   #50
BHPian

@ramsagar: The seat cover cost was Rs 4650 and installation charge was Rs400. THe dealer mentioned that if its general fitting then the cost would be Rs 150. He also promised that the tight fit would be made in such a way that it would be looking closer to a OEN finish .. i had my fingers crossed before the installation could be done. But, after they installed the covers it was an awesome work done by these guys.

@aravinrd: I need to thank you for directing me to this shop, thanks mate.

Last edited by Moonraker : 23rd November 2009 at 20:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks