Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2009, 08:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

I will ask my brother to get one for me today.
Old 13th May 2010, 08:22   #47
BHPian

Hey Jagan,

Congratulation mate and welcome to the enthusiasts club.

Looking at your Sea Grey, I also booked the same yesterday.

Its a wonderful car and great color as well, although I was a fan of Aquarius Blue until Ford decided to discontinue it. The reason for that is unknown and will remain so i guess.
Old 13th May 2010, 12:38   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
Hey Jagan,

Congratulation mate and welcome to the enthusiasts club.

Looking at your Sea Grey, I also booked the same yesterday.

Its a wonderful car and great color as well, although I was a fan of Aquarius Blue until Ford decided to discontinue it. The reason for that is unknown and will remain so i guess.
Congrats capt_rocker. I have also taken delivery of Sea Grey 1.6ZXI on 8th May. Its a Fabulous color. As far as I know, you are no. 3 on Sea Grey Owners list in Team-Bhp. Jagan is first and I'm the second.
Old 13th May 2010, 14:14   #49
Senior - BHPian

capt_rocker, congrats! Have you booked a sea grey 1.6S or an SXi?
Old 23rd May 2010, 19:47   #50
BHPian

Hi Gilead, I have booked a Sea Grey 1.6S.. i have become a huge fan of this car even before owning it..

read fantastic reviews from you and frankmehta and others..

The TD really sealed the deal for me..

Desp waiting for the delivery on 28th may..

You will see a lot of pictures very soon...

Cheers!
Old 24th May 2010, 07:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Capt_rocker.
Good for you and start biting your nails in anticipation since 28th may is not too far. Hope you will have some sleep at nights till the D-day.
Can you update on the OTR, freebies and the extra mods which you are planning?
Old 25th May 2010, 13:49   #52
BHPian

It's been a little over 6 months since I got the Fiesta. I've completed around 3500 km so far. It has mostly been highway driving, including a couple of Bangalore-Chennai runs and a longish drive to Bangalore-Chennai-Chidambaram-Bangalore.

I have been extremely satisfied with the car. The difference between this and my older Santro on long drives is unbelievable. It is far more stable at speed, the rear seat passengers have a very comfortable ride and as a driver, you don't feel the strain of driving 400-500 km a day like you do in a smaller car.

I've not really been checking the mileage in the city, but the highway mileage has been a pleasant surprise. On the first of my Chennai runs (before the second service), I got a mileage of around 13 kpl. This was with sustained cruising at around 100 with a few bursts to 120-130 kph. After my second service, the mileage improved futher. On my recent trip, I filled up one tankful and another 35l, making it a total of 80l. I've covered around 950 km and the DTE meter still shows another 175 km on the clock, thus making it an average of 14kpl!! My Santro used to give me 16 kpl, I would have been happy with 12-13 kpl, but 14 is a real bonus.

The other thing that has been very satisfying is the luggage carrying capacity. We loaded it up with 2 suitcases, a couple of soft bags and 5-6 Pothys bags and it took everything in without complaint.

Complaints are very few, I miss having an automatic climate control. I typically find the air-conditioning at max setting a little too much for Bangalore summers and find myself turning it back a notch after a few minutes. The other irritant is the horn button, a little too hard to press. I rarely use the horn, so it makes it doubly difficult when I actually have to use it.

I have not made any changes to the car from stock, except to get the 3M pain protection and underbody coating done at the first service. It cost me around 6K in all.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
I have been extremely satisfied with the car. The difference between this and my older Santro on long drives is unbelievable. It is far more stable at speed, the rear seat passengers have a very comfortable ride and as a driver, you don't feel the strain of driving 400-500 km a day like you do in a smaller car. +1 to that, I had a similar experience with my earlier Santro

I've not really been checking the mileage in the city, but the highway mileage has been a pleasant surprise. On the first of my Chennai runs (before the second service), I got a mileage of around 13 kpl. This was with sustained cruising at around 100 with a few bursts to 120-130 kph. After my second service, the mileage improved futher. On my recent trip, I filled up one tankful and another 35l, making it a total of 80l. I've covered around 950 km and the DTE meter still shows another 175 km on the clock, thus making it an average of 14kpl!! My Santro used to give me 16 kpl, I would have been happy with 12-13 kpl, but 14 is a real bonus. Good for you, even I am getting on avg about 14-15kmpl, but ofcourse I am a quite sedate driver with an occassional urge to accelarate.

Complaints are very few, I miss having an automatic climate control. I typically find the air-conditioning at max setting a little too much for Bangalore summers and find myself turning it back a notch after a few minutes. The other irritant is the horn button, a little too hard to press. I rarely use the horn, so it makes it doubly difficult when I actually have to use it. Sorely miss the ACC, the ac is so chilling that at times I literally have to switch it off. Aftre the summer camp check the ac has become more chiller than earlier. Reg horn, I havent come across any issues coz I have to use it regularly in Mumbai traffic.

I have not made any changes to the car from stock, except to get the 3M pain protection and underbody coating done at the first service. It cost me around 6K in all.
My comments in bold.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:22   #54
Senior - BHPian

ghodlur, you have a ZXI so the horn is easy to press. It's a lot harder on the SXi and S which have airbags.

jagan, get used to pressing the corners only. It works well. I hope you are aware that your 3M paint protection entitles you to two more free services.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:36   #55
BHPian

Guys,

I hope these are highway mileage figures. This is because I am getting around 9.5-10 kmph for 100% city driving (with 100% AC on) in Kolkata roads.

I drive sedately. RPM value ranges between 1500 to 2500. And my second service is due in 2 months. Total distance covered in 4 months = approx 2000 KM

Does this mileage figures looks right now? May be I need to confirm this from a Fiesta Petrol owner in Kolkata?

Last edited by mayukh : 25th May 2010 at 14:41.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:42   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Congratulations Capt_rocker.
Good for you and start biting your nails in anticipation since 28th may is not too far. Hope you will have some sleep at nights till the D-day.
Can you update on the OTR, freebies and the extra mods which you are planning?
yes ghodlur, i am excited but my excitement was cut short by a news from the dealer that the delivery will be delayed by a week or more. Details of that in my new thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...usion-way.html

The OTR Noida for this Fiesta 1.6S is 7.66 lacs. The dealer gave me following discounts/freebies:
  • Free insurance.
  • Free Third year warranty
  • Free mud flaps and door mats
Planning to take the optional pack for underbody protection and paint protection by Teflon, although there is a mixed opinion on using Teflon coating over body paint.

Since this car doesnt have a stereo with USB support only Aux in, I will have to invest in a new aux cable.

Then sun films from 3M or Vkool.
Im happy with the double fabric seats so will leave them as it is.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:39   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
...I am getting around 9.5-10 kmph for 100% city driving (with 100% AC on) in Kolkata roads.
Mayukh, that's indeed a very good mileage in city...Seems you are getting the highest incity FE among all Fiesta owners..Kudos to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
Since this car doesnt have a stereo with USB support only Aux in, I will have to invest in a new aux cable.
A new decent/branded Aux-in cable with gold-plating will cost you <100 bucks...if you hunt around your house, you may already be having it.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:54   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
A new decent/branded Aux-in cable with gold-plating will cost you <100 bucks...if you hunt around your house, you may already be having it.
yes sanjayc, i have a aux cable already a 3.5mm jack on either sides but that is too flimsy and causes distortion on my present car. so i will go in for a new one.
Old 25th May 2010, 18:53   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Mayukh, that's indeed a very good mileage in city...Seems you are getting the highest incity FE among all Fiesta owners..Kudos to that!
Sanjay da,

Thanks for the update. That's specially after the 1st tankfull mileage of 7.15 kmph.

But doesn't people get around 11-11.5? I cannot remember though who said such in the forum.
Old 27th May 2010, 11:48   #60
BHPian

Yes Gilead, I am aware of the two additional coatings, have to get the next one done in July.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks