Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2010, 07:50   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: My new Sea grey Ford Fiesta 1.6SXI

Quote:
My Fiesta has turned one a month ago. It has still got only 5K on the odo
Congratulations Jagan. Hope many more happy mile crunching to come.

Quote:
There was a problem with the ABS that cropped up just before the 1 year (paid) service, the ABS light would not go out. They said that the ABS sensor on the right front wheel was malfunctioning and would be replaced under warranty.
It took a full 5 weeks for the replacement. When I got the car back with the new sensor, they gave some story like in addition to the faulty sensor, the wires were totally bitten off by rats and hence they had to replace them as well. They gave me a bill for 1500 bucks. To me, it clearly looked like they were trying to pull a fast one and I refused to pay. Finally, they reduced the amount to 500, I still didn't want to pay, but I was getting late to work and paid just to put the matter behind me. Overall, left a very bad taste in the mouth.
What? 5 weeks to get the sensor replaced? Looks a clear rip off on the charges. I guess if you had haggled more they would not have charged you at all.

Quote:
To add insult to injury, when they were bringing the car to me, one of their drivers backed up another car right into my front bumper leaving a deep scratch. I had to spend another hour tracking down their manager and forcing him to give it in writing that they will rectify the scratch at no charge to me
Absolutely take in writing and if required raise you voice against the dealer to the top bosses in Ford. Suggest you write a mail to Ford with your grievances and wait for a reply.
Even I had such an experience recently after 3rd service when I found scratches on the rear bumper, I had a row with the service manager in front of the entire staff and threatened them about writing to Ford. Result full rear bumper painting after scratch removal.

Last edited by ghodlur : 23rd December 2010 at 07:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks