Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 09:05   #61
BHPian

@ harry
Decide whether you want to listen to your heart or head. Usually people listen use their head when your heart was burnt at some point in the past. A*S*S so far hasn't been bad for my family. My advice test drive both vehicles of choice and then decide.

Last edited by twinblades : 1st December 2009 at 09:06. Reason: too long quote
Old 1st December 2009, 09:33   #62
BHPian

Thanks nexuz & twinblades, for your comments. I will seriously consider the Punto, when I start my test drives sometime in Jan.

And as I've a limited budget, I feel like going for the Petrol. But its mileage is not as good as the Ritz petrol. So which one do you guys recommend, the Petrol Punto or the Diesel Punto (Fiat's Diesel engine being a huge hit)? My driving will be around 40 KMs a day in City, and couple of long drives to Chennai/Coimbatore, etc, in a month on weekends.

Please advice...Thanks!
Old 1st December 2009, 11:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryskt View Post
Thanks nexuz & twinblades, for your comments. I will seriously consider the Punto, when I start my test drives sometime in Jan.

And as I've a limited budget, I feel like going for the Petrol. But its mileage is not as good as the Ritz petrol. So which one do you guys recommend, the Petrol Punto or the Diesel Punto (Fiat's Diesel engine being a huge hit)? My driving will be around 40 KMs a day in City, and couple of long drives to Chennai/Coimbatore, etc, in a month on weekends.

Please advice...Thanks!
I think Punto Diesel should be better. In Bangy, the diesel model costs 60k more than petrol.
Old 1st December 2009, 11:59   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please advice...Thanks!
40kms a day calls for a diesel engine , the punto MJD base version will fit in your budget , you wont regret it considering the better millage and resale of diesel
Old 1st December 2009, 12:48   #65
BHPian

amazing photography, what camera do you use? I own the same model but Exotica Red.

Anyone noticed some extra noise while using Blue & Me?
Old 1st December 2009, 18:24   #66
BHPian

Amazing, some of the most beautiful pictures of Punto I have ever seen. I also own the same model in electric blue but I am sure I can never take the pictures like you did to do justice to its beauty. Please share some more pictures.
Old 1st December 2009, 18:51   #67
BHPian

Thanks arun1100, yeah the diesel is almost 60 to 70k costlier than the petrol version.
Thanks ms001. As I am new to Punto, the naming convention of its variants are confusing to me. The Fiat India website shows 4 versions, both in petrol & Diesel, namely:
Active, Dynamic, Emotion and Emotion Pk.

And the Concorde Motors website mentions three variants:
1.2 FIRE, 1.4 FIRE and 1.3 MultiJet.

Does MJD mean the 1.3 Multi Jet? And then it has two sub versions, viz., the Emotion & Emotion Pack, am I right?

Thanks for your comments guys...Happy Driving !
Old 1st December 2009, 19:26   #68
BHPian

Yeah thats right. MJD refers to the diesel which has 4 variants. Emotion pack, Emotion, Dynamic and Active. The same 4 variants are available for the Petrol with the main difference being that the Active in Petrol comes with a 1.2L engine and the rest come with the 1.4L engine.
Old 1st December 2009, 19:41   #69
BHPian

Hey Nexuz!

Sad that the bank screwed at the first half. Actually there is a way to get loan at work city and register car at another place. I managed to do that. How? Simple, according to bank loan rules the applicant has to sign a Rs.20 bond sheet and the loan issuing officer has to co-sign it. Thats it. I guess those stupid officers at Axis bank doesnt know this and they must have rejected your application outright.

I am from Erode and I had the same requirement as urs. Infact a bit weird too. I wanted to take the loan at Chennai, book the car at Coimbatore ABT (sentiments) and register the car at Erode RTO. When the HDFC guys heard this they dropped the phone and took almost 30 days to get back to me saying that they cannot give me a loan. According to them, to qualify for a loan, I have to purchase the car only at Chennai (as loan is offered from Chennai base). In the beginning I've signed the loan papers with a guarantee that they will approve the loan within 7 days.

Irritated, I called up their customer care around 8.40pm. Provided all the details of the proceedings and asked her to cancel the loan application. She immediately asked me the reason. Then, I told her that their branch personnel are unable to process my loan application because of some rules that prevents issuing a loan specific to my case. And hanged up.

The next day, I got a call around 10.10am from a manager at mumbai office asking me why I wanted to cancel the loan. Again I told him the same story. He said he will get back to me at the earliest.

That evening around 4.00pm, a guy from chennai branch called me, fixed an appointment and came to my office. He was the team manager at chennai. His tone was totally changed - a much softer and nicer. We both signed a bond paper. The next day I received a call saying that my loan was approved and details will be sent to Coimbatore ABT at the earliest. :-)

I do not know what magic happened on their side. But the loan worked out within 3 days!
Old 1st December 2009, 21:53   #70
Senior - BHPian

Thats an awesome set of pics! Which camera did you use? I own a 500D myself hence would like to know the settings used for your pics with the dark clouds in the background.

PS: Congratulations on your car Its people like you who make the car more appealing. Wish you many happy miles with your Punto
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:12   #71
BHPian

Thanks for the clarification twinblades.

And Rajesh, thats a really wierd & funny situation you got, I mean loan in one place, get the car in another, and then register & use it another.
But you finally got to get the loan in a record time, you;re really luck buddy.
Happy Driving to you too...
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:27   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks arun1100, yeah the diesel is almost 60 to 70k costlier than the petrol version.
Thanks ms001. As I am new to Punto, the naming convention of its variants are confusing to me. The Fiat India website shows 4 versions, both in petrol & Diesel, namely:
Active, Dynamic, Emotion and Emotion Pk.

And the Concorde Motors website mentions three variants:
1.2 FIRE, 1.4 FIRE and 1.3 MultiJet.

Does MJD mean the 1.3 Multi Jet? And then it has two sub versions, viz., the Emotion & Emotion Pack, am I right?

Thanks for your comments guys...Happy Driving !

Yes both petrol and diesel have 4 variants

Active
Dynamic
Emotion
Emotion Pack

In petrol active has the 1.2 ltr engine rest are 1.4ltr

In diesel only one engines option is present , the 1.3 ltr Multi Jet diesel (MJD) .All 4 variants in diesel have the one and only 1.3 MJD.

hope its clear
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:05   #73
Senior - BHPian

Amazing pics. All of them are were really shot professionally at the same time good PS job.

Upgrade your tires to Michelin's would improve on the running noise etc. Any further upgrades?
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:56   #74
BHPian

Quote:

Please advice...Thanks!
@harryskt, in my opinion you are comparing the wrong cars here, Ritz is not a premium hatchback its just yet another hatchback from MUL. Swift seems to be more spacious than Ritz, see it for yourself. If Ritz were a premium hatchback it would have been priced almost similar to Punto or i20.

Punto is bigger and heavier and is more spacious, so FE will be less. If you want to compare, compare it with an i20, which is a premium hatchback. Punto is not selling just because of looks. Its selling because it has great ride quality, suspension, handling, safety rating etc. and looks too. Regarding A.S.S, yes it has been a worry, but in that case Linea sales wouldn't have been consistent if that was so worse. Bottomline, you may have 1 to 2 to 3 visits to the service centers to service your car per year, unless there is some big damage or issue. And as far as those service experiences are decent enough, I dont think it should be such a big worry. And further a Car is something you would drive it everyday and the A.S.S is something you wouldn't worry about everyday.

Petrol or Diesel? Even I had the same dilema, because the diff is not too much compared to cars from other manufacturers. But I decided on petrol as my daily running wont be that much and noise levels felt much better in petrol variant.

Last edited by samsan02 : 2nd December 2009 at 18:58.
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:04   #75
BHPian

Congrats and Thanks!

Nexuz, Congrats for owning the amazing hatch and treating us with those amazing pics!

Also thanks for Digital photography link.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks