Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 14:55   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
the blue is not there at all on the brochure itself. they claim to be limited edition. but i also saw a light green brand new city. the paint job i guess was done from honda itself. high quality but sucky color itself. dont know what the truth is though.
I am not really sure about this limited/regular thing. I do not understan why it has to be limited in the first place. It was dealer's version that Honda had produced limited no of cars in thsi colour. I do not find any logic in that since the car is quite a looker in this colour and there's no extra charges for this colour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
@jasal
blue colour is mentioned in the website. It is a standard colour they are offering.
:: Honda City ::
Yep, they mention this colour. However, not even a single pics of the city in this colour. While booking, I requested the dealer to get one in blue in the showroom so that we (my family) can have a good look at it before taking the call.
Old 16th November 2009, 17:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Congatulations on your new car Shamanth. Nice colour, it requires less maintenance. I have a silver grey coloured car already and moreover my daughter wanted something bit colourful, so decided to blue.
Thanks Pratim, Your blue color looks cool. Hope they dont stop producing it as they were telling its only for festival time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post

Hey Shamanth

Congratulations on your new silver ANHC, drife safe, have fun.
Thanks Star, I had a 1st long Ride to Hassan about 500kms up and down. Will put my review in a day.
Old 17th November 2009, 16:46   #48
BANNED

honda mentioned today that they stopped the color. funny people. back to those horrid colors. stingy honda.
Old 18th November 2009, 15:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
honda mentioned today that they stopped the color. funny people. back to those horrid colors. stingy honda.
Good God! Are they out of their minds? This colour looks nice. Why they had to stop it?
Old 18th November 2009, 15:30   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good God! Are they out of their minds? This colour looks nice. Why they had to stop it?
Maybe its because all good things must come to an end

Jokes apart, it would not be a good move on the part of Honda to discontinue this colour.
Old 18th November 2009, 15:43   #51
BHPian

So how are the paddle shifters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
How is performance in paddle shift i.e sports mode.
Ramsagar, these paddle shifters are great if used judiciously. Here is what I can sum up from my experience:

a. In D Mode: One can use the shifters in this mode either to upshift or downshift gears. There's a small display beow the fule indicator that shows gear position in such cases. However, the TCU can override the input of the driver. As we know, we have to drive in the maximum gear in which the engine can pull off the load comfortably. Same logic applies here. Depending on the speed, gredient of the road, the load on the car etc the TCU may honour to change the gear (specially upshifting) or may ignore. If it honours the driver input, an upshift happens and the new gear position is displayed for a while. In case the driver input is ignored, the gear position that the car is in will be displayed and the display will blink thrice and then goes off.

b. In S Mode: Upshifting is driver's responsibilty except the 1st gear; that is automatically engaged while you put the stick in S mode. Again, downshifting can be done by the driver by pulling the downshift lever or if not done by the driver, the TCU will do it. Discussion on upshifting the gear in D mode applies here as well.

I use both upshift and downshift levers keeping an eye of fuel usage optimization and results are encouraging. Worth to mention that I use the downshift lever almost everytime while I need to slow down to get "engine braking" into action.

For a clinical overtaking manuvoure I do the following:
Downshift using the down shifting lever (by 1 or 2 positions as the case is) and then rev the engine, surge ahead and then upshift the gears. It's simple.

One thing I have observed though: there is a latency of around a second between pulling the levers with an intent of change and the actual change happenning.

So, as you see, I am using those and those are useful and fun to use.

BTW, S mode means sequential mode, not sports mode. Even I was also used to think so, but the manual says something. But, who cares? I would love to call it "Sports Mode".
-Pratim
Old 18th November 2009, 17:39   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
b. In S Mode: Upshifting is driver's responsibilty except the 1st gear; that is automatically engaged while you put the stick in S mode. Again, downshifting can be done by the driver by pulling the downshift lever or if not done by the driver, the TCU will do it. Discussion on upshifting the gear in D mode applies here as well.
Did you realise that there are two modes when you slot it to 'S'?
-'S' mode- Gears shift on their own but they hold on to gears longer and upshift late then in D mode. Also, only the first 4 gears are used. Extremely useful when you are in a hurry or when you are driving in a ghat section
-'S with paddleshift'- You oprearte the paddle to activate this mode. Once in this mode, it doesn't upshift till redline unless you use the paddle.
Old 18th November 2009, 17:53   #53
BHPian

Quote:
-'S' mode- Gears shift on their own but they hold on to gears longer and upshift late then in D mode. Also, only the first 4 gears are used. Extremely useful when you are in a hurry or when you are driving in a ghat section
WOW, I did not know this! I must give it a shot. I used the othe rmode: S Mode with paddle shifters.

Thanks a lot Guna.

-Pratim
Old 18th November 2009, 18:02   #54
oss
BHPian

Quote:

-'S with paddleshift'- You oprearte the paddle to activate this mode. Once in this mode, it doesn't upshift till redline unless you use the paddle.
This mode gets cancelled when you apply brake, and returns to normal S-Mode shift pattern.
Old 18th November 2009, 19:48   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
This mode gets cancelled when you apply brake, and returns to normal S-Mode shift pattern.
Not really in ANHC (may be in Civic?). Only way to get back to normal 'S' is to move the lever out of 'S' and back to 'S' again, as far as I have known.
Old 18th November 2009, 21:32   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Not really in ANHC (may be in Civic?). Only way to get back to normal 'S' is to move the lever out of 'S' and back to 'S' again, as far as I have known.
OSS, Guna is correct. It's not applicable to City at least.

One more point in S Mode with paddle shifter: There's no automatic downshfting when acclerator pedal is pushed down hard. To downshift in this mode, one has to use downshift lever.

-Pratim
Old 19th November 2009, 11:46   #57
BHPian

About civic AT (and mostly same for City AT as well),
* there is a bit of lag (noticeable) in changing gears, only while the car is being accelerated.
* S-mode-with-paddle once engaged would remain in that mode and gets back into S-mode only when the stick is moved out and slotted back in.
* I assume City AT also comes with grade-logic, so that it provides necessary engine braking and control (holds onto a lower gear) while driving down a slope.
* Shift points are different for S and D modes. S-mode holds a gear longer, to provide better torque. S mode is where, every tap on the pedal says 'Honda' and 'iVTEC'!
* In S-mode-with-paddle, automatic downshift happens only when the car slows down. All other times, its fully manual (as long as the shift is allowed). This helps a lot in getting better FE in slow-moving traffic, where kick-down can kick in for every tap on the pedal. Another thing I noticed is that, it pulls in 3rd gear even at speeds of 15kmph. The gear ratios seem to be well-suited for the engine and low low-end torque is less of an issue with AT.
Old 19th November 2009, 16:33   #58
BANNED

hi pratim,
is there a lag while the AT is changing gears like in CIVIC as said by mkc15.

i did felt the same when i TD the ANHC 1st generation. is it the same in this one as well?
Old 19th November 2009, 21:06   #59
BHPian

@monty1999, yes there is a perceptible though small lag between pulling the paddle shifter and actual change in gear that occurs. However, it's not big enough to spoil the party! I guess, this could be due to drive-by-wire technology that Honda incorporated in City.

Can some experts in this forum throw some lights on the reasons of this lag?

BTW, have you booked your car in blue? As Jesal pointed out, Honda have stopped producing City in this colour. If you have not booked yet and still want the deep sapphire blue colour, hurry up!
Old 19th November 2009, 22:08   #60
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
OSS, Guna is correct. It's not applicable to City at least.

-Pratim
OK; when i took a test drive of AT version, the sales guy mentioned that, but haven't tested it personally to that extent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks