Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 19:08   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
9.6 is very good, It should improve a bit after your second service and if you get to drive in better roads. You might want to consider the K&N replacement filter.
Will this increase the intake sound? I suppose the warranty is also void if this is done?
Old 2nd December 2009, 20:53   #77
BHPian

Certainly not, you are just using a replacment filter and not doing any mods to your vehicle. You can put your stock filter back anytime you want. It wont increase the intake sound, you might feel a slight difference.
Old 6th December 2009, 10:06   #78
Senior - BHPian

I got the extended warranty and the Road Side Assistance certificates yesterday. It looks like the RSA is valid for one year. Does anyone know what would be the cost per year after that?

The RSA covers the following

Immobilization due to Mechanical or electrical failure
Dead battery
Out of fuel
Puncture
Lost key/Broken key

They will not come for the following (some examples)

AC not working
Speedo not working
Horn not working
Windows cannot be opened etc

RSA is available in the following cities as of now

Ahd, Blr, Chn, Chd, Delhi, Coimbi, Hyd, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Pune
Old 7th December 2009, 14:58   #79
Senior - BHPian

Noted above,
probably they may extend to other places as well once they feel the sales figures are improving as per their expectation.
Old 7th December 2009, 15:39   #80
Senior - BHPian

RSA is provided based on the density of Ford customers in a city or area. So, its natural that only major cities are covered. Maruti is doing that since few years covering a wider network, because Maruti vehicles are seen all around the place. How often you spot a Ford on the road ? I think I see a Ford when I finish counting 20 Marutis or Hyundais.
Old 7th December 2009, 15:49   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I think I see a Ford when I finish counting 20 Marutis or Hyundais.
If we do a 'scientific analysis', you should spot one Ford for every 30 Marutis. Ford sold ~2500 cars in Nov and Maruti sold ~76K.

I think we would start seeing more Fords once the Figo launches. Monthly target is 4K apparently.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:55   #82
Senior - BHPian

Do not count all variants. Count only c segment sedans then you will feel the difference. I find more ford cars especially fiesta and Ikon in this area than maruti SX4.
Even two months back, I went to Guruvayur and hardly seen any sx4 on the way,
seen few Dzires but more fiesta's were on road !
Old 7th December 2009, 17:26   #83
BHPian

More Fiestas and Ikons

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Do not count all variants. Count only c segment sedans then you will feel the difference. I find more ford cars especially fiesta and Ikon in this area than maruti SX4.
Even two months back, I went to Guruvayur and hardly seen any sx4 on the way,
seen few Dzires but more fiesta's were on road !
Correct point Nairrk. Even in remote places of Coorg, there were atleast 3 Ford Sedans to every other Sedan.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:36   #84
BHPian

+1 Nair: During my trip to my native place, i have seen more number of Fiesta's than SX4's or to that matter even DZires... From Madurai to Tiruchy there were 5 Fiesta's going one behind the other including mine...

@gilead: did you pay extra for the RSA? I did not get any certificate for this.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:46   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
+1 Nair: During my trip to my native place, i have seen more number of Fiesta's than SX4's or to that matter even DZires... From Madurai to Tiruchy there were 5 Fiesta's going one behind the other including mine...
My observation is that Fiesta sells well in the South and West. But it falters in the North and East.

Quote:
@gilead: did you pay extra for the RSA? I did not get any certificate for this.
I got it free as part of the corp. discount. It can be purchased separately as well. I think Nair or someone else mentioned it was 2K?
Old 7th December 2009, 20:49   #86
BHPian

Ok. Let me check with the dealer and see if there is any certificate which he is supposed to give me. Thanks for the info Gilead.
Old 8th December 2009, 10:34   #87
Senior - BHPian

@gilead

If I am correct, chennai has got atleast 3 or 4 Ford Dealers?
That means there will be more car sales otherwise, probably,Ford could not have allowed so many dealers to open their shops?
Secondly FORD manufacturing unit is near chennai hence there will be some tax benefit.
Despite all these, is there any reason for low sales or there may be more Ford cars but may not be able to monitor since so many brand cars are always on the busy roads of chennai?
Old 8th December 2009, 10:51   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@gilead

If I am correct, chennai has got atleast 3 or 4 Ford Dealers?
That means there will be more car sales otherwise, probably,Ford could not have allowed so many dealers to open their shops?
Secondly FORD manufacturing unit is near chennai hence there will be some tax benefit.
Despite all these, is there any reason for low sales or there may be more Ford cars but may not be able to monitor since so many brand cars are always on the busy roads of chennai?
Chennai has 2 Ford dealers. Ford may be getting some tax benefit for their plant but I don't think the customers are getting any benefit. The ex show room price of SXi/S petrol is 708,000 which is much higher than in other places. But there are plenty of Fords roaming around Chennai. They have always sold well here.
Old 14th December 2009, 00:03   #89
Senior - BHPian

My car's left ORVM got hit at a low speed by a Lancer's ORVM when a bunch of cars were trying to squeeze into a movie theater. I feared the worst but the Fiesta ORVM neatly folded outwards and saved itself! I never knew this 'feature' existed.

Thank you Ford for saving me a bunch of money today.
Old 14th December 2009, 07:19   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
My car's left ORVM got hit at a low speed by a Lancer's ORVM when a bunch of cars were trying to squeeze into a movie theater. I feared the worst but the Fiesta ORVM neatly folded outwards and saved itself! I never knew this 'feature' existed.

Thank you Ford for saving me a bunch of money today.
Actually this was the first thing which I tested upon visiting the showroom..push back the ORVM really hard with a sudden movement..was surprised to see it fold backwards smoothly.

BTW, what fate did the lancer's OVRM met?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks