Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2010, 18:04   #46
SCH
BHPian

Manza seems to have borrowed a small problem from its sibling Indigo. Post 100km/hr,

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for an impressive review. Are the steering vibrations very noticeable , Can it also be an allignement issue ? Kindly throw more light on this point.
Old 24th January 2010, 18:22   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser@200 View Post
Congrats! Sunil on your purchase and thanks a ton for sharing your feedback on the car...

But I am still little confused if I should go for Manza or Dzire, I have TDed both the vehicle and found Dzire little more peppy/fun to drive but its rear seats are cramped. My car will be self driven and A.S.S/Resale is important for me. I have searched TBHP site for comparison of both the cars but could not find much.....can anyone point me to the right forum. Thanks in advance...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-review.html
I think this is the most detailed and comprehensive review that one can find out there. Have gone through millions of mags and haven't found anything that comes close to this. Feel the Manza is the winner for me, DZIRE is not in the same league if SPACE,Features,Comfort are your Parameters.
If you want looks (debatable), maruti service *at least the others are on their way up while Maruti is slipping*, and are able to live with what the Dzire comes with i guess you should settle for the Maruti Dzire
Old 25th January 2010, 17:22   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-review.html
I think this is the most detailed and comprehensive review that one can find out there. Have gone through millions of mags and haven't found anything that comes close to this. Feel the Manza is the winner for me, DZIRE is not in the same league if SPACE,Features,Comfort are your Parameters.
If you want looks (debatable), maruti service *at least the others are on their way up while Maruti is slipping*, and are able to live with what the Dzire comes with i guess you should settle for the Maruti Dzire
Add to that the 4-6 month waiting at the moment for the DZire
Old 25th January 2010, 23:35   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Hi Sunil ,P.C.D. stands for pitch circle diameter, and indicates the diameter of the circle in mm connecting the center of each hub bolt. in short it is the c to c distance between 2 bolts on the wheel. Thanks for the info. Even Im planning to go for black Manza Aura+ but worried about maintainenance of black colour as i dont have a covered parking. Whats your experience on this??
Mihir, your are correct in being apprehensive about the maintenance issues of black. I have owned a black car, and its a big pain to keep it nice n shiny all the time. Infact, no matter how well you wash the car, half n hour later, the dust just appears right back. Also the fact that the insides get quite hot if parked in sun. My advice - If you can avoid black, please do.
Old 26th January 2010, 00:42   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! Sunil on your purchase and thanks a ton for sharing your feedback on the car...

But I am still little confused if I should go for Manza or Dzire, I have TDed both the vehicle and found Dzire little more peppy/fun to drive but its rear seats are cramped. My car will be self driven and A.S.S/Resale is important for me. I have searched TBHP site for comparison of both the cars but could not find much.....can anyone point me to the right forum. Thanks in advance...
May be this could help - Tata Indigo Manza vs Suzuki Swift Dzire
Old 28th January 2010, 12:13   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Mihir, your are correct in being apprehensive about the maintenance issues of black. I have owned a black car, and its a big pain to keep it nice n shiny all the time. Infact, no matter how well you wash the car, half n hour later, the dust just appears right back. Also the fact that the insides get quite hot if parked in sun. My advice - If you can avoid black, please do.
+1 to nvldvr - Avoid black!
I had a Honda City GXI in black and swore I would never buy a black car again. Sure it looks great in the evening and night if it has just been washed, however any scratch on the car looks ugly. At least in Mumbai this is unavoidable.
Old 28th January 2010, 13:01   #52
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post

Or try this and add to the confusion
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...anza-aura.html
Old 1st February 2010, 13:15   #53
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase.If you like to make your ride sportier you can consider smoking the headlamps with a light tint and use heat proof stickers to mask out the chrome inside the headlamps.Also consider a custom made mesh grill with tata written in a nice italic vintage font placed towards one side of the grill and take away all the chrome except for this lettering.
Old 1st February 2010, 21:47   #54

Hi guys,
Quote:
Originally posted by MihirC - Hey Sunil, where have you disappeared with the Manza. If possible do post a picture of the Altis and Manza side by side, but from top view so that we can see how the 2 cars actually look/differ in size.
Was on a tour to the North East away from the wired world! sorry for the absence.
@ unni.ak - had the wheel alignment checked as soon as I got back. Haven't had a chance to go out on a highway for a speed test run. Will surely get back when I do so.
@ MihirC - Will surely try to get a pic in a couple of days and upload it for comparison.
@ SCH - Vibrations in the old Indigo were prominent enough to make my Mom's bangles reverberate wildly and it would get really freaky at the wheel. However the vibrations in Manza are not at all that pronounced. They are extremely subtle and exist only between approx 100 - 110 Km/hr. Though there is no parallel I can draw to explain the level of vibrations - a slight possibility is that you might overlook it as feedback from the texture of road had you not been aware of the same problem in Indica and Indigo. At around 120km/hr they mysteriously go away!! Wheel alignment may solve the problem but as mentioned above haven't really tested my car at high speeds after the alignment.
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:53   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil Albal View Post
At around 120km/hr they mysteriously go away!!
Speed sensitive vibrations have more to do with wheel balancing, than alignment.
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:59   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Speed sensitive vibrations have more to do with wheel balancing, than alignment.
I totally agree with trrk.

Anyways its excellent review Sunil. Do post your highway experience once you get a chance to test it.
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:13   #57
BHPian

Great review Sunil. Every piece of info that a buyer will ever need to consider this car. I would have never recommended a Manza to a friend before reading yours... do keep posting your experience, it would be really interesting to see your experience after 10k kms on the clock.

Great choice with the alloys and especially the leather... please let me know which dealer you got it done from.
Old 7th February 2010, 23:54   #58

@kartho - The alloys and the leather have been done from B.U. Bhandari - Pashan, Pune.
Old 15th March 2010, 13:31   #59
BHPian

hey sunil, what's the Manza up to now? Long time no update...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks