Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Mr. Walker,
Please get the bootlid checked. In my car the bootlid does not have to be pushed at all. It locks on its own once it falls down. The problem I face is keeping the bootlid up. It keeps falling down and closing. Infact, it has fallen on my head more than once.

I do not subscribe any drilling on the bumper ( a protection strip would require that)
I think you have the previous version of the SX4.. Looks like MS have solved the problem of the boot lid falling (never happens on the new one) but introduced a new one!!

The protection strips are the stick-on types, don't know how effective or long lasting but lets see...
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:58   #17
BHPian

Exterior Pics

As promised pics of stuff that is not evident/ visible in the brochure...

Two-way folding ORVM
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-orvm.jpg

Front wheel, note non-unidirectional '/' tread and black plastic partially covering the wheel well
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-frontwheel.jpg

Rear wheel, note complete covering of the wheel well, drum brakes
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-rearwheel.jpg

High GC, that's a 2 litre bottle, also note bubbled chipping protection (I think!)
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-gc.jpg

Very high boot lip, same 2 ltr bottle
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-highboot.jpg
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:30   #18
BHPian

Interior Pics

Continued, interior pics of stuff not evident/ visible in the brochure. All pics are a little bigger than the recommended size so look a little grainy, please click on the image to open in full size...

Pedals, note 'L' shaped metal for clutch that frees up space for a dead-ish pedal/ footrest. Carpet looks good with the transparent mats but must be kept very clean...
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-pedals.jpg

Instrument cluster a little crowded, managed to pick up the ABS light before it blinked off! Driver seat-belt light in off-blink. Also note EPS, air bag and immobiliser lights. 100 km mark up!
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-cluster.jpg

ACC controls looks good, music system controls just OK. Note USB slot near the cigarette lighter
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-console.jpg

Fabric seat covers good, not great..
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-seatfabric.jpg

L-shaped rear head-rest can be slid down to give good rear-mirror view
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-rearheadrest.jpg

Alloy wheel spare, nice holders for tools and emergency triangle. First aid kit and bulbs fuses in boot a little strange
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-sparewheel.jpg

Boot, same 2 ltr bottle, can fit another 254 such bottles in there!
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-boot.jpg

Bosch ABS, note 4 control lines heading out
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-abs.jpg
Old 24th December 2009, 13:12   #19
BHPian

Regarding the boot lid. It does not have to be slammed shut, it also doesn't click shut. What I found was that it has to be brought down and firmly shut with maybe a push. Certainly no slamming required.
Old 24th December 2009, 15:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your SX4. Hope to see a review soon. Nice pictures you have attached there. I could almost get the new car smell from those shots! If its not too much could you explain what are the warning signals that i have circled in the attached picture.
Attached Thumbnails
My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-cluster2.jpg  

Old 24th December 2009, 15:32   #21
BHPian

mrwalker, the boot lid is very light and doesnt need to be forced shut.. Have a look at the locking mechanism. Is there enough grease in it?
The 'bubbled chipping protection' is actually a coat of a rubber solution that will arrest rusting.
The first aid kit and bulbs are usually kept in the glove campartment during delivery. Ive kept them in the same place as shown in your car cause the glove campartment isnt too big to house everything.
Did you get a separate remote control for the music system? It looks like the old fashioned pioneer remotes. I got it with our car but i know a few people who didnt.
Nice work with all the pictures! How many kms have you covered so far?
Old 24th December 2009, 15:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Congrats on your SX4. Hope to see a review soon. Nice pictures you have attached there. I could almost get the new car smell from those shots! If its not too much could you explain what are the warning signals that i have circled in the attached picture.
From left to right: EPS, Airbag, Engine Immobilizer. Like all other status/warning signals, they too switch off on startup.
Old 24th December 2009, 15:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivprasad View Post
From left to right: EPS, Airbag, Engine Immobilizer. Like all other status/warning signals, they too switch off on startup.
Thanks for the clarification !
Old 25th December 2009, 12:01   #24
BHPian

Hello Mr.Walker,

Although a little late in the day - my heartiest congratulations on your new car. I'll also be joining the Silver SX4 ZXi MT club within about 15-20 days. Your review along with the wealth of information on team-bhp has helped me immensely in making the final decision.

If you complete a tank run, please do post FE numbers, and if/when you add any more accessories, please post pics for reference.
Old 26th December 2009, 16:30   #25
BHPian

Walker,

Though i am late, Congrats on your car man. i liked your 2-litre bottle funda very well.

By the way, In the the 1st or the 2nd picture, where you have spoken about the GC, would you mine telling me why the paint looks little rough? Just check.

Post some full scapes of the car.

Happy driving !
Old 31st December 2009, 15:24   #26
BHPian

Back after a break!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Congrats Mr. Walker! In your must do, may I also suggest to change your JK tyres to ones with lesser noise and better grips.
I didn't really find any problems with tyre noise, especially after the 3M undercoat. They may be making a racket outside but not audible inside. Re grip, I haven't taken it past 100 yet so can't really comment. Plus have already gone beyond my 8 lakh budget!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Most irritating aspect of Maruti's auto ACs. It does not remember the previous settings (other than temp.) when you switch it off. I prefer some of the other cars' auto AC systems, which have a separate button for certain functions.
Hmm not sure quite what you mean by that, as pointed out by the other poster if you set blower position to anything other than Auto it does remember the recirculation setting. Seems deliberate just that I don't agree with the logic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
mrwalker, the boot lid is very light and doesnt need to be forced shut.. Have a look at the locking mechanism. Is there enough grease in it?
The first aid kit and bulbs are usually kept in the glove campartment during delivery. Ive kept them in the same place as shown in your car cause the glove campartment isnt too big to house everything.
Did you get a separate remote control for the music system? It looks like the old fashioned pioneer remotes. I got it with our car but i know a few people who didnt.
Nice work with all the pictures! How many kms have you covered so far?
Boot lid catch seems to be displaced a bit, can see one edge bruised a little, needs to be fixed I guess, that's the only gremlin so far... Yes got the remote with the system! Around 200 kms so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Hello Mr.Walker,

Although a little late in the day - my heartiest congratulations on your new car. I'll also be joining the Silver SX4 ZXi MT club within about 15-20 days. Your review along with the wealth of information on team-bhp has helped me immensely in making the final decision.

If you complete a tank run, please do post FE numbers, and if/when you add any more accessories, please post pics for reference.
You're welcome! Haven't done a full tank yet, will post figures and pics when done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
The 'bubbled chipping protection' is actually a coat of a rubber solution that will arrest rusting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Walker,

Though i am late, Congrats on your car man. i liked your 2-litre bottle funda very well.

By the way, In the the 1st or the 2nd picture, where you have spoken about the GC, would you mine telling me why the paint looks little rough? Just check.

Post some full scapes of the car.

Happy driving !
Thanks! I'm quite certain that that bubbled/ rough portion is for chipping (not rust) protection... Don't believe additional rust protection is needed over painted parts.. Also saw something like this in a VW manufacturing video...
Old 31st December 2009, 15:49   #27
BHPian

Congrats on the new car and welcome to the club.

The new alloys in SX4 look really cool.
Old 31st December 2009, 16:32   #28
BHPian

awesome

some really nice pics and especially the bottle thing is a new idea. great car!!

Enjoy your ride.
Old 31st December 2009, 16:50   #29
BHPian

Specifications from the manual

Couldn't see the new SX4 manual available online so thought I will post a few key specification pages. Let me know if anything else is needed...

My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-sx4manualspecs1.jpeg

My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-sx4manualspecs3.jpeg

My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-sx4manualspecs4.jpeg

My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-sx4manualspecs5.jpeg

My new SX4 ZXi MT : Initial Report-img_1553.jpg
Old 31st December 2009, 17:27   #30
BHPian

Surprising that the recommended tyre pressure is now 30 from the older 33! On my 2008 car the pressure is mentioned as 33psi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks