Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2014, 05:19   #76
BHPian

Re: Bought New laura1.8TSi breakdown within 8 days from delivery! EDIT: Got TSi back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKODA_RS View Post
hello guys, another update on BCM.
I got the new BCM installed on Laura on 13th Sept. And just within 4-5 days again the right indicator went on and stayed on. This was shocking.
Immidiately reported it to Virraj Skoda. They said drop the car for checkups.
i told them that i will not pay them even if they need to scan the car again as i have already paid them 16k for BCM. Left the car at Viraaj for 2-3 days and they came up with a solution that new BCM was a faulty piece (manufacturing defect) and it will be changed under warranty. i was like
Neways New bcm is again ordered and he said it will take 4-5 days for it to arrive. so collected the car from them. So car is now resting again with the milltek exhaust! :(
As one of my friend who owns a garage suggested not to drive the car with faulty BCM. Can anybody elaborate as to what all can happen due to faulty BCM?
Will keep you all updated .
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Why did the original BCM fail? I think this should be investigated first.
If there is some issue with the wiring or grounding or anything else, the new BCM may also fail.
A dog's tail can never be straightened, so is Skoda's brand. A new part (here BCM) fails in 4-5 days? Shocking. What is Skoda upto? Not only their cars, but even their spare parts are faulty?
Old 9th October 2014, 00:57   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bought New laura1.8TSi breakdown within 8 days from delivery! EDIT: Got TSi back!

BCM fail is most commonly due to light and other electrical errors. Since you have aftermarket HID kits in your car, please get it checked thoroughly. The Skoda technicians are very poor at diagnosing things, they just keep replacing parts when they are unable to diagnose a problem. Get a VCDS scan done outside, not the VAS one at Skoda. It will tell you exactly if anything is amiss. The HID ballast for VAG cars is tricky, if the ballast is not rated like the OEM ballast it will eventually damage the BCM. Having said that, no Laura in India comes with Xenons for high beam.

Last edited by robimahanta : 9th October 2014 at 01:02.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks